• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jTuQXD6rpzJzV.PNG

Just got Marvel Unlimited so I can start reading comics on my phone.

I'm having difficulty finding Planet Hulk though, I found World War Hulk just fine.

Is Planet Hulk part of the general hulk series or something?

Tizoc

Just got Marvel Unlimited so I can start reading comics on my phone.

I'm having difficulty finding Planet Hulk though, I found World War Hulk just fine.

Is Planet Hulk part of the general hulk series or something?

Planet Hulk was Hulk 92-105, search for those maybe?

PsychBat!

Banned
I would hate it. Unless they strictly seperate DC Universe from Marvel Universe, but they wouldnt.
Actually, I don't think think this would happen. The most I can see happening is Disney forcing Joe Q to make non-canonical crossovers happen again like in the 90s. And if it was canon, there would be a major set up leading to it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Actually, I don't think think this would happen. The most I can see happening is Disney forcing Joe Q to make non-canonical crossovers happen again like in the 90s. And if it was canon, there would be a major set up leading to it.

It were a good reason to reprint JLA/Avengers. Looked for years for a copy of this book for a good price...

Aquaman yes. The Others? No.

I dropped Suicide Squad and added Deathstroke. Tony is getting me hyped on Twitter. I just want a action comic with lots of cool violence and Slade being a badass. I think Tony can pull that off. Love his suit redesign.

4029948-dsk_cv2w.jpg

Messi

Oh I totally loved Harley this month. Book of the month material. My favourite book I've read so far this month. I really enjoyed the art change it gave to book a different energy. That story was something else. :p.

i would totally do it.

Zombine

Banned
Ramos is going to NYCC. I wonder how much he's going to try to tax us NY'ers for a signature?

I only have 3, Tiny Furniture because Lena Dunham is incredible, Rushmore and Blue is the warmest colour.

I'm assuming that you got Blue Is The Warmest Color because it's is a coming of age story with themes of acceptance, abuse, and a tragic relationship between two gay characters.

I own:

Seven Samurai
Godzilla
Brazil
Fantastic Mr Fox
Dazed & Confused
Scanners

How are you guys feeling about Original Sin? I was enjoying it up until
an issue or two ago with the big Fury reveal. It's kind of a letdown that it was only him doing all of these cosmic assassinations
. Marvel has a knack for events that start off well and then fizzle out before the end.

Orb is by far the best part of this event.

an issue or two ago with the big Fury reveal. It's kind of a letdown that it was only him doing all of these cosmic assassinations
. Marvel has a knack for events that start off well and then fizzle out before the end.

Wrong.

Fury didn't kill the Watcher.

PsychBat!

Banned

Out of all the comics I picked up this week, Original Sin was just terrible. Which is disappointing because the last two issues were awesome. I hope there's a big reveal when the last issue hits that shocks and awes, because I feel that with Fury holding something back every time someone asks him if he killed the Watcher, it's slowing things down and makes it less suspenseful and more boring.

I'm pretty sure we don't know who did the killing blow to the Watcher yet.

That's what I thought, because even after the part I just mentioned,
Fury was asking the Watcher (who was missing an eye) who did that to him, and it was a couple pages after the Watcher got shot

Messi

Ramos is going to NYCC. I wonder how much he's going to try to tax us NY'ers for a signature?

I'm assuming that you got Blue Is The Warmest Color because it's is a coming of age story with themes of acceptance, abuse, and a tragic relationship between two gay characters.

I own:

Seven Samurai
Godzilla
Brazil
Fantastic Mr Fox
Dazed & Confused
Scanners

I bought blue because it made Kevin Smith cry on his podcast.

Messi

............Yes. Yes it was.

The graphic novel came first. The movie actually diverged story-wise quite a bit after a certain point. I prefer the graphic novel by far. Notice I even linked to the Amazon.co.uk item page so you can buy it post-haste.

I totally noticed that first lol[/spoilers]

Everything makes Kevin Smith cry on his podcast.

I know that, but this was something that interests me

:0

Zombine

Banned
I totally noticed that first lol[/spoilers]

I know that, but this was something that interests me

:0
Speaking of Smith and Criterion, it's inexcusable that Clerks X. Is still the definitive release of that movie. It's time to get Criterion on that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom