• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Man if Yanick Paquette can't make your costume look good, you fucked up. Go back to the drawing board. He even makes codpiece/extra lines for no reason Batman Inc look like a good idea, almost

prv7008_pg5.jpg

That Catwoman costume will never be topped for me. It's just perfect.

Screw integrating Wonder Woman more into the DCU. The thing I like about DC heroes is they have their own cities and lands to protect so they don't have as many cameos.

tim1138

I like some of the outfits, but Superman and Batman are just meh. Muddying up an iconic, simple design with a bunch of extraneous details nobody ever asked for. Why the fuck did Superman need armor?

NewSupermanCostume.jpg

Nu52 Batman is even worse, just all drab greys and blacks, busy over rendered lines and seams and shit

costume04-1332402148.jpg

Streamline it down, add some bright contrasting colors to stand out against the darkness, fuck your realism this is a Batman comic

batmanaparo.jpg

Batman_BTAS.jpg

C'mon man, you know Batman can't have any color in his costume! He's the dark avenger of the night! He's vengeance! Grrr! Batman must be forever alone and brooding and grim, and most importantly of all, have no sidekicks (unless it's that charming Red Hood fellow with his guns, he's so extreme!)!!!

Vyer

Nope. Still fine with new Supes.

Neither Superman nor Batman change are as terrible as what's happened to Captain America.

Loxley

I'm going to argue that Greg Capullo somehow manages to make Batman's New 52 costume look cool. "Cool" meaning that it doesn't feel like it was designed by Jim Lee in the mid-90s.

Screw integrating Wonder Woman more into the DCU. The thing I like about DC heroes is they have their own cities and lands to protect so they don't have as many cameos.

No one gets married and everything ties into Justice League. THAT my friends, is the world Dan DiDio wants to live in.

Tim Sale is awesome. Long Halloween was one of my first Batman comics.

Pulido is great too, but not great enough for me to read that She-Hulk book. I've tried twice, and i can't do it. It's just so boring to me

All of them, fantastic

I'm not huge on Adam Hughes but that last one is killer

Messi

Tim Sale is awesome. Long Halloween was one of my first Batman comics.

Pulido is great too, but not great enough for me to read that She-Hulk book. I've tried twice, and i can't do it. It's just so boring to me

I'm not huge on Adam Hughes but that last one is killer

Yeah. He is doing lovely work on Fairest.

Hagi

All of them, fantastic

Oh man that Power girl will never get old, so good.

Man if Yanick Paquette can't make your costume look good, you fucked up. Go back to the drawing board. He even makes codpiece/extra lines for no reason Batman Inc look like a good idea, almost

prv7008_pg5.jpg

What's the context to this page? Are they infiltrating some sleazy sex club and Selina is trying to blend in?

Hagi

IIRC it was never in CAPY 2 tho right?

Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Nah they went with an badass version of the Steve Rodgers Super Soldier costume. Only nitpick I have is I wish they'd just do away with his helmet altogether he looks 10 times better without it in comics and film.

PsychBat!

Banned

CBR interviews Bendis on the upcoming crossover between the ANXM and the Ultimate Universe.

Bendis: One element of the story is influenced by one of my favorite X-Men stories, "The Asgardian Wars," where the New Mutants found themselves suddenly in Asgard, but they were spread out. It didn't look like there was any way they were going to find their way back to each other.

So when the X-Men come to the Ultimate Universe you can look forward to them being broken up. They'll all be in a different spot in the Ultimate U that is equally dangerous, and they'll have no idea where they are. So each character is going to have a big discovery. It takes a lot to even figure out, "Hey, this isn't my Earth."

There are people who read "All-New X-Men" and are dying for each of them to shine. In this there will be moments where Iceman shines, Angel shines, and it's going to happen all over the place.

Plus they'll get a sense of a mutant-human relations that is very different from the one going on in their world. A lot has happened to the mutants of the Ultimate Universe, and they're going to get a sense of that.

CBR: Mutants aren't even the next stage of evolution in the Ultimate Universe.

Bendis: That's right!

I have a feeling that this will be awesome.

So I was talking to a guy from CBCS (new comic book grading service) about sending in some books with witnessed signatures and how bad it would affect the overall grade.
This is what he said (after telling me it would count as "writing on the cover".)

They are starting up a "Signature Authenticating Service" in a couple of weeks.

"On books that are witnessed, it is 5 dollars per signature. If we are authenticating them without having witnessed it, the price is 15 for the first signature and 10 per additional signature after that. You get a bright gold signature series label with authenticated signatures. It pops out a lot more than the blue label does. "

tim1138

Still working my way through the Scud the Disposable Assassin omnibus (take that Fear Agent vol 2!) and I'm absolutely in love with the sheer madness of this series. I think Drywall is my new favorite character ever, and what's not to love about a walking sentient zipper bag who speaks in squiggles? Also he can store an infinite amount of stuff inside him, so I guess he's closer to a sentient version of Santa's bag with some bondage inspired zippers for good measure.
It had a very obvious influence on Ryan Browne and God Hates Astronauts, but not in a way where he ripped Scud off.
It's pretty fantastic and anyone who likes good comics should check it out (so only about half the people who post here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom