• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

So Assault on Arkham starts off kind of amazing and becomes more and more unbearable as it turns into
another Batman fighting the Joker story

Infinitely more watchable than Batman and Son, however

Bii

Three weeks of comics just came in, and a special extra.
aH1u7OFl.jpg

What's everything sandwiched in between?

What's everything sandwiched in between?

Issues.

BLACK SCIENCE #7
C.O.W.L. #3
EAST OF WEST #14
FUSE #6
LOW #1
SEX CRIMINALS #7
SHUTTER #5
ZERO #10
UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC #4
WAKE #10

ACTION COMICS #34
BATMAN #34
BATMAN ETERNAL #17
BATMAN ETERNAL #18
BATMAN ETERNAL #19
DETECTIVE COMICS #34
GRAYSON #2
GREEN ARROW #34
HARLEY QUINN #9
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #4

ALL NEW GHOST RIDER #5
ALL NEW X-MEN #30
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #5
AVENGERS #33
AVENGERS WORLD #10
AVENGERS WORLD #11
BLACK WIDOW #9
CAPTAIN AMERICA #23
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #17
HAWKEYE #19
INHUMAN #3
MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #4
MOON KNIGHT #6
NEW AVENGERS #21
NEW AVENGERS #22
ORIGINAL SIN #7
PUNISHER #9
ROCKET RACCOON #2
SECRET AVENGERS #6
SHE-HULK #7
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #2
SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #14
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #32
UNCANNY AVENGERS #22
UNCANNY X-MEN #24
WOLVERINE #11
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #7
X-FORCE #8

Messi

Robocop

Goonies

Predator

The Thing

Those movies are my homework for the uninitiated. :D

Messi moved to Japan and married his Scarlett Johansson Hot Toy.

I've never seen any of those movies.

Life is good in Japan Btw. It's not much like Lost in Translation.

So Assault on Arkham starts off kind of amazing and becomes more and more unbearable as it turns into
another Batman fighting the Joker story

Infinitely more watchable than Batman and Son, however
Real talk why was batman and son so bad tho

Damian's voice.....

Zombine

Banned
I've never seen any of those movies.

Life is good in Japan Btw. It's not much like Lost in Translation.

Make sure you comb her hair at least once a week. Please send my regards to Chris Hemsworth as well.

Edit: Please add Terminator & Terminator 2 to that list.

What about It?
i've seen It and i get what you're saying but i was thinking of something more upbeat adventurous and fun

Yooo, Attack the Block is one of my favorite movies.
Hm..i'll have to check this one out

Paging Zombine, our resident (and only) Walking Dead reader.
I read it too (just always a month behind). And its still pretty good but the book is changing tone and going to something else. I also wonder how much the newer arcs are being influenced by him thinking of creating tv show capable arcs. They don't move around near as much as before. But then again he's still mining some decent material out of the characters

Zombine

Banned
How is the comic these days? I've only read up to just past the Prison arc and it was pretty good.

Right after the Prison arc up to around issue 110 was fantastic. All Out War, the first and hopefully only event for the series suffered from the increased release schedule, but ultimately pushed the book to where it needed to go.

The current arc so far has been the best since the prison, and it seems like it's only going to get better. I'm afraid to say a lot about it, because most of the book's progression is based on spoilers.

The current arc so far has been the best since the prison, and it seems like it's only going to get better. I'm afraid to say a lot about it, because most of the book's progression is based on spoilers.

Talking zombies!

I'm looking forward to seeing where Kirkman takes it. Hopefully it's a new fact of life with the series, because I don't remember any
talking zombies
from other zombie fiction or films.

Zombine

Banned
Talking zombies!

I'm looking forward to seeing where Kirkman takes it. Hopefully it's a new fact of life with the series, because I don't remember any
talking zombies
from other zombie fiction or films.

Land of the Dead and Day of the Dead did. I have a feeling that
these zombies won't talk as much as make noises or will say things from their past or talk about being hungry.
which will lead to
debates about if killing them is moral.

Land of the Dead and Day of the Dead did. I have a feeling that
these zombies won't talk as much as make noises or will say things from their past or talk about being hungry.
which will lead to
debates about if killing them is moral.

Maybe Rick will try to
integrate them into society
. Give them
zombie jobs
and whatnot.

Sadist

Oeh, comic book store carried the Amazing X-Men TP aka the last time for now Jason Aaron works on the X-Men. The series with a new writer quickly turned to being meh right now, but Aaron knows how to write a fun X-book. It has swashbucklin' X-Men man. Plus that bro hug between Nightcrawler and Wolvie :(

Marvel knows how to get my money judging my small collection of books. I might be a bit biased here. Don't know for sure.
Started buying some comics back in 2010, I'm just a casual fan I guess.

Oeh, comic book store carried the Amazing X-Men TP aka the last time for now Jason Aaron works on the X-Men. The series with a new writer quickly turned to being meh right now, but Aaron knows how to write a fun X-book. It has swashbucklin' X-Men man. Plus that bro hug between Nightcrawler and Wolvie :(

Marvel knows how to get my money judging my small collection of books. I might be a bit biased here. Don't know for sure.
Started buying some comics back in 2010, I'm just a casual fan I guess.

Where's Hawkguy and Superior Foes?

Sadist

Where's Hawkguy and Superior Foes?
Actually wanted to buy Hawkguy, but decided to do that next time. Love Fraction's style, so it'll happen sooner or later. Haven't read Superior Foes yet. Want to collect Ultimate Spider-Man and Wolverine & the X-Men run by Aaron before starting something else :p

I absolutely adore the Six Gun Gorilla Hardcover, the only thing I wish they could have done further was make it oversized.
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/r5Mt5lvl.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/HuOhR9Il.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/5AvWiNsl.jpg[/IMG]

I'm no Bii

That looks brilliant. Mine arrived at my place of work, will get my hands on it on Monday.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody know what is up with the American Vampire Second Cycle solicitations? In my Sept DCBS order I had pre-ordered #6.

I looked on TFAW's website and it said #6 was coming out in Sept while #5 was in October. There isn't an issue for me to pre-order on DCBS for October, so I'm confused.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I own lots of movies, I just don't like what most of you folks seem to like. I watch mostly rom coms and other such chick flicks.

Messi, many of these movies are cultural cornerstones.

I get a smile out of it is all.

I own lots of movies, I just don't like what most of you folks seem to like. I watch mostly rom coms and other such chick flicks.

-only buys books starring female characters
-only watches movies starring female characters

Did you have to explain to your boys why you were watching Sex in the City when they were watching 24

Zombine

Banned
On an alternate Earth there is a Messi that hates Harley, and has seen all those movies.

I've been forced to watch a handful of romantic comedies, and I ended up at the very least finding them moderately tolerable. I like that one with the dead dude and the mail box.

Messi

Oh come on. Let's not act like this is a surprise to anyone here.

You guys don't like Pretty Woman?

-only buys books starring female characters
-only watches movies starring female characters

Did you have to explain to your boys why you were watching Sex in the City when they were watching 24

I watched both. But enjoyed Sex in the City more. That's a legitimately good show.

Zombine

Banned
Oh come on. Let's not act like this is a surprise to anyone here.

You guys don't like Pretty Woman?

I watched both. But enjoyed Sex in the City more. That's a legitimately good show.

Well, let's see. My girlfriend, as fantastic as she is, does love Romantic movies. She puts up with my hobby and let's me be me so I try to be as supportive as I can for whatever she likes. I've seen quite a few of them, and Pretty Woman is very good. I had not ever seen it prior to being with her, and she opened my mind to a few of them. Twilight can suck it though. I've fallen asleep on every single one of them and even she figured out the series is fucking awful.

Stand outs are:

Gerard Butler Is Dead

Neo Loves Mailboxes

Richard Gere In: Island House: Pretty Woman 2: Plane Explosion

Pretty Woman: Richard Gere might have VD.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Sorry to go off topic, but speaking of comics, I finally got around to watching that "What Do Artists Do All Day: Frank Quitely" mini documentary. So great.

And back on topic, I watched Robocop today since I hadn't seen it and it was on the list of four movies everyone should've seen already. That was pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom