• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How in God's name have so many of you not seen Robocop?!

Probably half to do with the fact that I wasn't born yet when it was released, and half to do with the fact that I don't watch many movies in general.

For example: The last movie I saw in theaters was The Tourist with Johnny Depp (2010) (which I only saw because a friend paid for my ticket). And before that, the last movie I saw in theaters was James Cameron's Avatar. Come to think of it, it's no surprise that that was the last movie I ever paid to see in theaters, since it cost me something like $17.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hahaha

Zombine

Banned
remember when we used to talk about comics

Lol comics are great but friendship can't be built on a hobby. What movies do you like?

Also:

fatty5.jpg

Comic books.

Messi

"For a thousand OTs, ComicGAF were the guardians of good, non-fantasy battle and power wank comic threads on the NeoGAF. Before the dark times. Before the Messi...."

The place wouldn't be the same without you, Messi, srs.

This place was NOTHING before me.

Got some good reads in there!

I think I'm gonna start rereading X-Force today. I haven't read it in years and I'm really excited to revisit it. I never finished the series though, so the wait for the second Complete Collection is gonna be long.

I just don't know what to read first. One minute I want GOTG, the next I want X-Force, then I want to bang out Thor or Batman because they are shorter, then I want to just power through the singles. It's a rough life.

They'll all have to wait, because I only have Marvel Unlimited for a few more days and want to get in some last minute stuff (currently powering through Nova and Invincible Iron Man) before going to the physical stuff.

Had to stop reading Indestructible Hulk. Not because it was bad, but because it was so damn good and I want to get the physical versions.

"For a thousand OTs, ComicGAF were the guardians of good, non-fantasy battle and power wank comic threads on the NeoGAF. Before the dark times. Before the Messi...."

The place wouldn't be the same without you, Messi, srs.
Like I've said, Messi truly is the heart and soul of ComicsGAF
Lol comics are great but friendship can't be built on a hobby. What movies do you like?
The Big Lebowski is probably my favorite!

I just don't know what to read first. One minute I want GOTG, the next I want X-Force, then I want to bang out Thor or Batman because they are shorter, then I want to just power through the singles. It's a rough life.
I feel you, I'd probably go from smallest to biggest personally.

Zombine

Banned
Like I've said, Messi truly is the heart and soul of ComicsGAF

I feel you, I'd probably go from smallest to biggest personally.

If Messi is the heart and soul can I be the digestive tract and rectum? Also, Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all time, man.

Kipp

And Kipp, the age of the movie is no excuse.

All right, fair enough. Haha. The main thing is that now I've seen it. :p

The Coen Brothers' movies are my favorites. I hadn't ever seen a Coen Brothers movie until I watched Inside Llewyn Davis about a month ago on a whim, and since then I've watched quite a few other Coen Brothers movies. I can't get enough of them. In fact, they're mainly responsible for why I've watched more movies in the past month than I have in probably the past three to five years.
With that said, I still haven't seen The Big Lebowski... Gotta do that soon.

Zombine

Banned
All right, fair enough. Haha. The main thing is that now I've seen it. :p

The Coen Brothers' movies are my favorites. I hadn't ever seen a Coen Brothers movie until I watched Inside Llewyn Davis about a month ago on a whim, and since then I've watched quite a few other Coen Brothers movies. I can't get enough of them. In fact, they're mainly responsible for why I've watched more movies in the past month than I have in probably the past three to five years.
With that said, I still haven't seen The Big Lebowski... Gotta do that soon.

My favorite is Fargo. I think it's even better than No Country For Old Men.

Kipp

My favorite is Fargo. I think it's even better than No Country For Old Men.

That's my favorite as well. That was the second Coen Brothers movie I'd seen. Pretty much the only reason I watched it was because my friend kept telling me to watch the new Fargo TV series, so I decided to watch the movie first. I was blown away. That movie is just incredible all around.
When I first started watching the TV show shortly after watching the movie, it took me the whole first episode to re-adjust my standards since they were so high after the movie. The main thing that bugged me was that the accents in the TV show weren't close to as good as they were in the movie. Haha. I ended up really loving the TV show though, so I'd definitely recommend that, but the movie is undoubtedly superior.

Owzers

That does sound like something I would enjoy

Nope... That looks terrifying.

Don't let Zombine scare you off it! It's not scary in the slightest, maybe a little creepy for children and enough to shake things up from time to time to keep things visually different, but not scary.

It's my first list with a Grant Morrison comic on it.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #34 (ROBIN RISES) $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #20 $2.99
INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #3 $2.99
MULTIVERSITY #1 $4.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #16 (WEEKLY) $2.99
TEEN TITANS #2 $2.99
WICKED & DIVINE #3 (MR) $3.50
MS MARVEL #7 $2.99

Dark Horse Presents 2014 #1
Multiversity #1
Teen Titans #2
The Fade Out #1
Wicked + Divine #3

maybe All-New Ultimates #6 because my dude Milonogiannis is on it, but it's actually the last issue of the first arc, which is a weird place for a fill-in.

LIST

Batman Eternal #20
Batwoman #34
Multiversity #1
Teen Titans #2
TMNT Annual 2014
The Fade Out #1
Trees #4
Wicked + Divine #3
Elektra #5
Ms. Marvel #7

Took until today to read all my comics. Last of Us multiplayer has me hooked.

My book of the week was Harley #9. Followed by Justice League United then Sex Criminals.

Drayco21

MY LIST:
Nova #20
New Avengers #23
Original Sins #5
Batman Eternal #20
The New 52: Future's End #16
Multiversity #1
Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Looks like a light one for me this week

So I just read GLC #34, is
Jon Stewart now going to mope around and have a pity party again for the next 6 - 8 issues. I swear they've made him one of the lamest and most useless lanterns lately.

Started working through my TMNT backlog and read through all of Krang War. Maybe I'm just used to Marvel/DC stuff but it was super refreshing to see how quickly it moved. It was a good arc all the way through!

Gonna start City Fall tomorrow, I've been looking forward to that forever.

So I just read GLC #34, is
Jon Stewart now going to mope around and have a pity party again for the next 6 - 8 issues. I swear they've made him one of the lamest and most useless lanterns lately.

Not sure I agree with this. I mean, John had an important role in the Greens winning the Durlan War. I also don't expect him to just mope around for many issues. He has a goal and a purpose.

phoenixyz

List!

Batman and Robin #34
Batman Eternal #20
Multiversity #1
Teen Titans #2

Magneto #8

Supreme Blue Rose #2
Trees #4
Wicked & Divine #3

Zombine

Banned
When you realize that Multiversity is only two bookends and like 4 or 5 original comics, the wait for #2 in 2015 will be brutal.

Took until today to read all my comics. Last of Us multiplayer has me hooked.

I think with the increased frame rate and better controller the multiplayer is much better. I go on some ridiculous sprees in the ps4 version of the game. I feel like I'm one of like 5 people that spawns with a shiv and does the smoke bomb trick. It's just too easy.

Messi

The list of knowing your limits and knowing that Morrison comics are not for you:

Batman and Robin #34
Batman Eternal #20
Batwoman #34
Teen Titans #2

Fade Out #1
Supreme Blue Rose #2
Wicked and the Divine #3

Elektra #5
Magneto #8
Ms Marvel #7
Secret Avengers #7
Storm #2

Loki TP vol 1 : Trust me

What is going on with Southern Bastards. Issue 3 was July 2nd and the next one is August 20th. Then issue #5 is out 22nd of October, so two months later. What's with the delays? Is this a mini series or an ongoing by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom