• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The list of knowing your limits and knowing that Morrison comics are not for you:

Batman and Robin #34
Batman Eternal #20
Batwoman #34
Teen Titans #2

Fade Out #1
Supreme Blue Rose #2
Wicked and the Divine #3

Elektra #5
Magneto #8
Ms Marvel #7
Secret Avengers #7
Storm #2

Loki TP vol 1 : Trust me

What is going on with Southern Bastards. Issue 3 was July 2nd and the next one is August 20th. Then issue #5 is out 22nd of October, so two months later. What's with the delays? Is this a mini series or an ongoing by the way.

Imagic doesn't always force creators to release an issue each month. Usually they also don't have an issue come out the same month as a TPB for the series (such as Sept for Southern Bastards).

Southern bastards #1-4 is one story, so its a break in between like Saga and Deadly Class. Just not as long as a break

Maybe Latour should drop that struggle ass wolverine and the xmen book and focus on what he's good at

Messi

waiting for Messi to say he's never tried pizza.

Pizza? I dunno what that is *shrug*

I love pizza. But I am one of those people who believes that Cold Pizza > Warm Pizza.

I grew up listening to Rap and Hip Hop mostly with large swathes of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera along the way. Not much else. It might explain my ignorance to most music.

Zombine

Banned
Fantastic Song, was introduced through Alan Wake to the song.

As fucked up as my family is, I was raised on good music and late 70s-80s comics.
90s kid.

After reading trough Moon Knight 1-6 i wish marvel would get the whole The Raid Crew to make a movie and let Warren write the script.

I would accept nothing other than a hard R rating. I'm not sure Disney has the balls to release it under anything other than the Mirimax label.

Not sure I agree with this. I mean, John had an important role in the Greens winning the Durlan War. I also don't expect him to just mope around for many issues. He has a goal and a purpose.

I'll give you he did have a role to play in the Durlan War. Before that though was Jon taking some major decision, and then moping and having a pity party about it for months.

It's been a lathe, rinse, repeat cycle for them with him for awhile now. At least it seems that way to me.

It's like they let him play a major role in each big crossover event, then they don't know what to do with the character. Like when they had him kill Mogo, or that Lantern that was about to give up some secrets.

List-o-rama

Batman And Robin
Batman Eternal
Batwoman
Green Lantern New Guardians
Infinity Man And The Forever People
Multiversity
New 52 Futures End
Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Teen Titans
Trinity Of Sin Pandora

Samurai Jack
Super Secret Crisis War The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy

Wicked + The Divine

I drew what I imagine to be our collective expression every time we learn of some other cultural cornerstone Messi has completely disregarded:

http://i4.minus.com/i5oFzHuF8NuK0.png

Reminds me of:
1237917779613a.jpg

List-o-rama

Batman And Robin
Batman Eternal
Batwoman
Green Lantern New Guardians
Infinity Man And The Forever People
Multiversity
New 52 Futures End
Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Teen Titans
Trinity Of Sin Pandora

Samurai Jack
Super Secret Crisis War The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy

Wicked + The Divine
Has Super Secret Crisis War lived up to its enormous potential? Trade waiting it and one shots......

Messi

Let's say hypothetically someone offered me the ability to buy a new one of these for €350 when last year it was sold on Sideshow for €250 (shipping ect). It is now sold out there obviously. Would it be such a bad deal. I think it's incredible as sculpts go.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Let's say hypothetically someone offered me the ability to buy a new one of these for €350 when last year it was sold on Sideshow for €250 (shipping ect). It is now sold out there obviously. Would it be such a bad deal. I think it's incredible as sculpts go.

Messi. Messi, please.

Why do I get the feeling you've started looking into home equity loans using your Florida house.

Kipp

Would they give me more money if I did that? Maybe I should get a credit card.

I should not have brought that up. Disregard "home equity loan."
And no, no you shouldn't get a credit card.

Hey Messi, maybe I should be your financial advisor. I'll only charge you $200/month.

So is anyone else crazy like me where if there's a book you've been really excited to read you'll only read it when the conditions are just right? For example, I've been really excited to start Doom Patrol the last couple days, but I was finishing up other books so couldn't start it quite yet. So I was planning to start it today and I was really excited about that, but then I ended up working a few more hours than I was expecting to and I got home a little more tired than I'd usually be and I don't feel the excitement to read Doom Patrol that I was feeling the last couple days, so I decided to read (already read it once a while back) Black Mirror which I picked up at the library yesterday instead. But I feel like I shouldn't "waste" a book I've been so excited about by reading it when the conditions aren't perfect.
I'm probably just sort of crazy. I wish I could be a little more carefree about what is, after all, a hobby that exists solely for my entertainment and pleasure. Haha
I really hope I actually do start it tomorrow though. Supposedly I have a short day at work tomorrow and most of the day off, so it should be the perfect day to dive right into it.

Nope, I do this too. Lazy Sunday with rain outside my window today, I just started reading the Doom Patrol omnibus. The scissor men are freaking me out.

The omnibus is awesome. Great paper quality.

Kipp

MESSI! [OT] September 2014. What were we talking about again?

Perfect.

Nope, I do this too. Lazy Sunday with rain outside my window today, I just started reading the Doom Patrol omnibus. The scissor men are freaking me out.

The omnibus is awesome. Great paper quality.

Nice! I finished that first arc yesterday. Great stuff.
And yeah, I'm really pleased with the paper quality too. The binding isn't ideal, but it's what I was expecting from a DC omnibus, so I'm not disappointed at all by that.
It's nice to be reading it at the same time as someone else!

Cheska

Buying Comics Cheaper List

Batwoman #34
Multiversity #1
Teen Titans #2

Wicker & the Divine #3

Daredevil #7
Elektra #5
Ms. Marvel #7
Secret Avengers #7
Storm #2

we interrupt this latest Messi off-topic digression to bring you this week's Moment of Miller

ju30mQdM0twM.jpg

jp9UwRJJkJzZn.jpg

jbqYsWmObuzjHX.jpg

and as a special bonus to make up for last week's Millar surprise, a Moment of Moore

jEGmYw16auBqk.jpg

I read the Last of Us prequel comic yesterday - it was short but sweet. I heard that quite a few people weren't too fond of the artwork but I really liked it, it was almost like seeing it all through a pair of innocent eyes. I loved the bit where
Ellie looks into the arcade and imagines it as it was before the outbreak. Nice to see her horse lesson that was mentioned in the game too
Highly recommended if you want more of a Last of Us fix.

Zombine

Banned
I read the Last of Us prequel comic yesterday - it was short but sweet. I heard that quite a few people weren't too fond of the artwork but I really liked it, it was almost like seeing it all through a pair of innocent eyes. I loved the bit where
Ellie looks into the arcade and imagines it as it was before the outbreak. Nice to see her horse lesson that was mentioned in the game too
Highly recommended if you want more of a Last of Us fix.

It was perfect except for the fact that the DLC fucks with where it lies in the cannon. There was some awful communication there.

Vibranium

Banned
Southern bastards #1-4 is one story, so its a break in between like Saga and Deadly Class. Just not as long as a break

Maybe Latour should drop that struggle ass wolverine and the xmen book and focus on what he's good at

Wish Latour would return to Winter Soldier, at least for an arc with Ales Kot. He is very good at espionage/sci-fi besides his other stuff. I wouldn't mind it if he took over Black Widow from Edmondson, it would be up his alley more than Wolverine.

Here's a trivia question I've been kicking around in my head this weekend. Of the long running super hero characters/teams, which are the ones that's had the longest amount of quality?

I've boiled it down to 3 but I'm sure I'm missing some:
- Spider-man. It had a dark era in the 90s but everything up to that always seemed to be good or great. The character started out with a bang so little ramp up time was needed
- Batman. I can't peak for the early early stuff but the batman books seemed to have great suff 60s+ fairly regularly. Especially when you consider the off shoot minis, one shots, etc. The character never hit any real long lows since I've been reading in the early 90s
- x-men. Started slow but basically since Claremont was in the book for so long made me think it'd be a top 3 book.

I'd be interested to see if I've missed some. I considered hulk due to PAD but there seems to be too many other gaps. Maybe daredevil or cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom