• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat milo manara variant tho

SPIDERWOMAN001Manara-06299.jpg

Drayco21

I know that's not Greg Land but fuck him anyway, the book gonna so bad.

I think it's hilarious they stuck one of the worst writers at Marvel right now with one of the worst artists at least. Still really weird to see Spider Woman get considered part of the Spider-Verse stuff though.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Recently gotten back into comics, went on an buying spree.

So far I've gotten.

Blackhole
Blankets

Ordered Hellboy 1-11, BPRD 1 and 2, Parker: The Outfit and I'm thinking of getting the full collection of Y the Last Man. Can't wait for those to arrive.

Heart butt is a real thing, but what's with the lump?

You mean that bone at the base of the spine that everyone has?

Sorry about a Manga question, but, JoJo starts at Part 3. Is there a part 1 and 2 or is a Leonard Part 5 kind of thing...

The manga is actually 8 parts. They're all kept fairly separate, outside of the fact that each one focuses on a different character within the same family lineage. Part 3 was localized because it's the most popular, and is also the first one to feature stands.

I don't mind manga questions, really. Manga are just Japanese comics.

Recently gotten back into comics, went on an buying spree.

So far I've gotten.

Blackhole
Blankets

Ordered Hellboy 1-11, BPRD 1 and 2, Parker: The Outfit and I'm thinking of getting the full collection of Y the Last Man. Can't wait for those to arrive.

If you like Blankets, you should definitely check out Habibi by the same author. Great story.

Messi

Sometimes Ramos nails the art for me but other times you can tell he phoned it in. It's kind of annoying. But generally I like his art, totally understand why people hate it though.

He still draws the best Anna Maria.

"Batgirl’s new life is off to a rousing start when her first day of graduate school is interrupted – by twin sister assassins on motorcycles!"

That sounds like a fantasy of.......a person.......not...me.......so it should be awesome!

By the way some great answers/suggestions to the question I posed yesterday. Got caught up doing some things so I wasn't able to reply to most folks. A hearty fuck yea to ya'll!

Messi

"Batgirl’s new life is off to a rousing start when her first day of graduate school is interrupted – by twin sister assassins on motorcycles!"

That sounds like a fantasy of.......a person.......not...me.......so it should be awesome!

Rousing start, or arousing start? Amirite?

When it comes to Batgirl. I am aroused. Rawrrrr.

New Batgirl sounds like the perfect lighthearted book. Without being slapstick/Harley style.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man, just read the issue of Doom Patrol that focuses on Dorothy, Joshua, and the red shoes.
Such a sweet issue.
Doom Patrol's really firing on all cylinders now. I'm so happy that I've got another thousand pages of this to go.

Also, Batmanga wasn't really on my radar until I noticed it had a physical release coming up, but now I NEED it. Can't wait to check that out.
For those who've read it or some of it, is it a fun read? Or is it just an interesting cultural piece and kind of a novelty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom