• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
:D
Awesome.

I'm a slow reader (I probably average 2 issues a day), so I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with me before the end. I'm looking forward to our mini book club!

A DP session in the morning, and a little more DP at night. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Gives you time to take it all in.

:D
Awesome.

I'm a slow reader (I probably average 2 issues a day), so I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with me before the end. I'm looking forward to our mini book club!

Who else was reading the omnibus right now, by the way? I can't remember who it was.

Also, I was inspired by the weirdness of Doom Patrol to draw something weirder than I usually draw. I think it's a ghost grandma or something. I don't really know. Kinda just freestyled.
Side note: I really hope I can figure out a style of shading that works for me. My stuff ends up looking fairly 2D without proper shading.

Lol I'm really inconsistent. I go through periods where I read a ton and then periods where I just read my weeklies and that's that. I was hooked on the first trade so I'm sure I'll love the rest of the series.

Nice new art, Kipp. If Rob Liefeld can get his own official app, so can you. We need a Kipp app.

A DP session in the morning, and a little more DP at night. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Gives you time to take it all in.

Come again?

DP session ha ha.

ib0TpzjCfTXEqZ.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol.

Lol I'm really inconsistent. I go through periods where I read a ton and then periods where I just read my weeklies and that's that. I was hooked on the first trade so I'm sure I'll love the rest of the series.

Nice new art, Kipp. If Rob Liefeld can get his own official app, so can you. We need a Kipp app.

It's kind of funny. If I'm reading a series that I don't love, I'll read just a couple issues a day because I don't have much motivation to read it. If I'm reading a series that I totally love, I'll read just a couple issues a day so that I can fully appreciate it. Not really intentional, but yeah. Haha
Although, if I'm totally into a comic and I'm not losing any concentration or anything, I've got no qualms against just reading through a ton of issues. Unfortunately I rarely have the concentration for that. I did manage to read through The Black Mirror in one sitting a while back though. That's probably my record.

And thanks!
I'll look into that. "Kapp."

Multiversity stuff is on sale, meaning i fucked up and forgot about the Arkham sale. oh well.

Superman Red Son is part of that sale. $3 for an actually good Mark Millar comic. read iiiiiiit

Cade

You should be proud. That is pretty much amazing.

Cade (the guy who posted on the top of the page) likes it. He's the one who made me read it even though I initially skipped it (THANKS).
So he's probably the one person who likes it. Maybe he's the only real Morrison fan.

But really, who wants to read 20-some pages of prose in the middle of reading comics? That's like eating a bowl of ice cream, but halfway through chowing down on some broccoli dipped in garlic hummus. Nothing wrong with broccoli dipped in garlic hummus, but with the taste of ice cream on either side of it, it just doesn't work at all.
Glad to see Kipp throwing me under the bus while I sleep.

I actually skip Clown at Midnight on rereads, or just skim to the parts I like, but there's some lines of it that are just pure Morrison and I like 'em. It's like pure Morrison you snort instead of a Morrison tablet you dilute in water. Or something. I'm still pretty tired.

Also a lot of people made Dick jokes while I was gone and I feel left out

Also a lot of people made Dick jokes while I was gone and I feel left out

Don't feel left out dude, I'm still trying to find the perfect avi to commemorate the occasion.

How this one:
8JQLN8y.jpg

You would not believe how many dick pics I went through to find a good one.

shit the Multiversity sale is amazing.

Final Crisis
infinite Crisis
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Gotham by Gaslight
Red Son
Kingdom Come

52 and Gotham by Gaslight were on sale not that long ago.

Been reading Final Crisis tonight. Might be my favorite and most interesting thing I have read from Grant Morrison. I haven't had much trouble following any of it and it's soaking in on a first pass. Reminds me a lot of Futures End. Of course this is tighter and better constructed but they are similar in some ways.

fertygo

Been reading Final Crisis tonight. Might be my favorite and most interesting thing I have read from Grant Morrison. I haven't had much trouble following any of it and it's soaking in on a first pass. Reminds me a lot of Futures End. Of course this is tighter and better constructed but they are similar in some ways.

Come back later when you finishing the latter half.

PsychBat!

Banned
oh my.....
I didn't even read the rest of the description for Earth-8 but... oh wow
Not quite what you were expecting? Perhaps that’s the best way to describe this world, populated with heroes such as the patriotic power soldier known as American Crusader, the lightning-charged warrior god Wundajin, the massively-morphing, quick to anger monster known as the Behemoth and the scientifically-minded, elementally-powered foursome known as the Future Family. Alongside such figures as Machinehead, Ladybug, Stuntmaster and the “neo-human” heroes of the G-Men, they keep their world safe from threats like the destructive Lord Havok and the Extremists.

On Earth-8, a life of heroism often comes at great sacrifice to the man or woman behind the mask. Faith in heroes is in short supply and mistrust can run rampant. Perhaps the people of Earth-8 should talk to some of their alternate world counterparts, who turn out in droves for movies featuring the very heroes they’re shunning.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wow man, Uzumaki did a number on you.

Uzumaki does a number on anyone who reads it, e̺̅͌ͤ͛̃͗͝v̞͙̦̱̮̰͎ͫͦē̲̥ͭ̄n͚̱̭͚̬͑̃̽̍͞ ̛̒ͮi̿͌͋̄̄͌̎͏͕̗̗fͤ͡ ̱̠͓̠̖̏̀t̡̤͉͑̓̅̍ͅh̼̣̠̳̝̹͋e͔͇͈̯̗̟͗̓̊ͯͤͪ̚ỵ̫̣͇͐̿ͩͭ̄ͩ̇͢ ̶̈́̑̄͑̽d̡̥̭͉̼̺̰̏̄̒̀͐ͨo̰͂̅̚n̳͚̟ͬ͐ͅt̻͖̼͎̣͍̱͂ͣ̂̈́͌́ ̢͚̼̠ṛ̣̲͙̯̲͖ͦ͂̃ͮ̍ͩ̕ẽͩ͆͠a̹͙̩̲͍̺̩͂ͨ̃͐̓̿͞l͏i̦̹͕͙͍̭̣z̭͕̱ͯ́e̯͈ͫ ̬̫̫̉̎ͦͅi͔ͣ̉̔͌̆̈́̚͡t̥̮̗́

Zombine

Banned
Whatever force of nature that didn't get me to buy The Wraith or Locke & Key the other day? Thank you. Comixology is the best.

and by force of nature I mean Eric J

"I love Morrison but I just don't get it"

I thought I understood the characters of DC, but this series of stories were very confusing and the explanations made no logical sense. I can't fault the artwork and it was great value in terms of size but I can't help but feel that I've lost a great amount of time that I'll never get back.

Zombine

Banned
I thought I understood the characters of DC, but this series of stories were very confusing and the explanations made no logical sense. I can't fault the artwork and it was great value in terms of size but I can't help but feel that I've lost a great amount of time that I'll never get back.

hyde-laughing-o.gif

Mindwipe

I kinda wish Comixology and DC would just discount the trades in their sales. My Comixology library is un-navigably big as it is without some of those series hitting ten plus issues with multiple titles.

I went to look at how much the 52 Omnibus hardcover is on Amazon. £51.96. Lol.

Zombine

Banned
I'm In a weird position with Comixology #1. I am absolutely buying the Burnham cover of Multiversity, but I don't know if I should preorder it from Midtown, or hope that my shop gets an issue and nobody buys it.

When someone who works at my shop wants something they either don't stock it, hike the cover price up, or buy it when the place opens.

Messi

I'm In a weird position with Comixology #1. I am absolutely buying the Burnham cover of Multiversity, but I don't know if I should preorder it from Midtown, or hope that my shop gets an issue and nobody buys it.

When someone who works at my shop wants something they either don't stock it, hike the cover price up, or buy it when the place opens.

Go with Midtown. You are guaranteed it then. Your store sounds like mine. I love when staff take the variants before they open.

CBR: JOHNSON & PERKINS TAKE ON "SUPERGIRL" FOLLOWING BEDARD

For Johnson, it's a return to the series that he helped launch with the dawn of the New 52 in fall 2011. Johnson co-wrote "Supergirl" with Michael Green from issue #1, before becoming the book's sole writer, and later departing with issue #19.

Perkins, a playwright, is the second female writer to join a DC series starring a high-profile female character in November -- along with Meredith Finch, who's taking over "Wonder Woman" with her husband David Finch. "Supergirl" #36 is slated to be illustrated by regular series artist Emanuela Lupacchino, also a female creator.

Supergirl #36 by Emanuela Lupacchino

Tizoc

Nice art on Supergirl, but if the writing is meh it ain't worth my time.
...like most of the books ya'all read :V

Worth it? Or should I wait? I don't think it'll go lower than this (other than the last issue).
I heard great things about it, willing to go all in (buy volume 1, read it ASAP, then decide about the rest).
Verdict? Yay or nay?

Worth it? Or should I wait? I don't think it'll go lower than this (other than the last issue).
I heard great things about it, willing to go all in (buy volume 1, read it ASAP, then decide about the rest).
Verdict? Yay or nay?

There is literally no reason not to do this.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Verdict? Yay or nay?

Once you read any small amount of Locke and Key you're going to want to read every single issue, so yes, buy them all.

Gonna pick this up and hope it's a good jumping on point. Really want to read Supergirl.

That art is cool.

I am in Internet love with Emanuela
's artwork

How long til we get Hipster Supergirl joining hipster Barbara in Hipster suburb?

Wait so is she back on the book? She's a good artist, so i'd hope so

I believe so.
Nice art on Supergirl, but if the writing is meh it ain't worth my time.
...like most of the books ya'all read :V

Tizoc plz. I want to believe. I can deal with any potential reality later.

Verdict? Yay or nay?

I heard that they are really really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom