• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a sucker for Variant covers,, Love cover art.
Sooo I got a total of 4 Multiversity #1 covers

~The Regular Ivan Reis & Joe Prado Cover~
comics-the-multiversity-1.jpg

~The Ivan Reis & Joe Prado Black & White Variant cover~

~The Chris Burnham Variant cover~

I also got the Blank Variant cover. (No pics)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is there a reason, DC does so many Gimmick Issues? I noticed that there are similar things every couple of months. Like the 0-Issue Month, Villain-Month, Futures End Month?

Does they really sell that much more than regular Issues?

These are some stats from Diamond's reported estimates.

In August 2013, DC's market share by units and dollars were 33.14% and 30.16%, respectively. In September 2013 those bumped up to 45.17% and 40.39%.

In August 2012, DC's market share by units and dollars were 37.12% and 33.32%, respectively. In September 2012 those bumped up to 41.10% and 36.41%.

So yeah, DC has seen very healthy bumps with these gimmick months each September.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oi vey. Comic books gunna comic.

Not really. That's when the series really picks up and becomes fucking great. It's my favorite Bat-title currently, and it has been since Robin's death. Really great stuff in this run.

Bii

I am a sucker for Variant covers,, Love cover art.
Sooo I got a total of 4 Multiversity #1 covers

~The Regular Ivan Reis & Joe Prado Cover~

~The Ivan Reis & Joe Prado Black & White Variant cover~

~The Chris Burnham Variant cover~

I also got the Blank Variant cover. (No pics)

I love variant covers too. They can get pricey, though. I'm tempted to splurge on some more variants for series that I'm more fond of but I've limited myself to $15 max on a single issue. That might have to change as I've been eying quite a few that are double or triple my imposed limit.

Hawkeye #19

Hawkeye's back. Obvious spoilers for those who didn't read a few issues back but Clint and Barney didn't die. Barney is wheelchair-bound and Clint has lost his hearing. Most of the book is expressed through sign language and visual clues, which I thought was done extremely well. I really do miss having a Hawkeye release every month (when it was on schedule) and am sad that it will end in a few short months.

-

Spider-Man 2099 #1

Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, is stuck here in current time by his dad who runs Alchemax. Alchemax had just begun to form and Miguel has his sights set on stopping it. I guess some robot dude was sent back to the current time to destroy Miguel (very Terminator-ish). After I had finished the book (it didn't feel like it was a long read), there was actually a lot of action and not much dialog. Then again, maybe that's for the best since there would be a lot of anomalies and inconsistencies on how timelines would work if the terminator robot guy is programmed to allow the killing of those who do not make "considerable contributions" to the future. I haven't read much of Spider-Man 2099 prior to this but I am interested to see where this goes. I'd probably trade wait, though.

Anyone want the Marvel digital code to Hawkeye #19 or Spider-Man 2099 #1, first person to reply requesting for either or both gets my PM.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love variant covers too. They can get pricey, though. I'm tempted to splurge on some more variants for series that I'm more fond of but I've limited myself to $15 max on a single issue. That might have to change as I've been eying quite a few that are double or triple my imposed limit.

Hawkeye #19

Hawkeye's back. Obvious spoilers for those who didn't read a few issues back but Clint and Barney didn't die. Barney is wheelchair-bound and Clint has lost his hearing. Most of the book is expressed through sign language and visual clues, which I thought was done extremely well. I really do miss having a Hawkeye release every month (when it was on schedule) and am sad that it will end in a few short months.

-

Spider-Man 2099 #1

Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, is stuck here in current time by his dad who runs Alchemax. Alchemax had just begun to form and Miguel has his sights set on stopping it. I guess some robot dude was sent back to the current time to destroy Miguel (very Terminator-ish). After I had finished the book (it didn't feel like it was a long read), there was actually a lot of action and not much dialog. Then again, maybe that's for the best since there would be a lot of anomalies and inconsistencies on how timelines would work if the terminator robot guy is programmed to allow the killing of those who do not make "considerable contributions" to the future. I haven't read much of Spider-Man 2099 prior to this but I am interested to see where this goes. I'd probably trade wait, though.

Anyone want the Marvel digital code to Hawkeye #19 or Spider-Man 2099 #1, first person to reply requesting for either or both gets my PM.
I would like to take them :D

My LCS. I usually get anything I want because I am always the their at opening on Wednesdays.

Sweet.
My current store I am subscribed to is super small and doesn't get incentive covers at all really
The bigger LCS usually gets a few. I am getting the Blank Variant from them,, They're getting one Black & White Variant and will probably charge $15-20.
So I orders the other 2 from MidtownComics.com (black & white and Burnham cover)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read the issue of Doom Patrol with the face-off between them and
God/Jack the Ripper
What an awesome issue. Morrison sure knows how to write.

You know, even with how crazy and intricate and deep his plotting is, I think my favorite part of Morrison's writing is his dialogue. It's just so real, natural, and meaningful. With that said, I do love his crazy and intricate plots a lot too.

Morrison's Action Comic run was such a disappointment. It started off fantastic. I was digging it like I did his Batman and Robin run. Then it just devolved into a shit show.

This is awesome, love the top Catwoman costume.

I cannot condone Selina on Selina violence.

Messi

We can hope.

But Business Casual Catwoman looks like the one from Batman Eternal.

Yeah it is actually. It's the one from the first cover/eternal preview.

Gonna go take a lie down. This is too much. DC solicits always take it out of me. It's like a roller coaster of emotions.

Gonna go take a lie down. This is too much. DC solicits always take it out of me. It's like a roller coaster of emotions.

I'm hyped for Gotham Academy... whereas the solicit for Teen Titans #4 makes me think this is a book I'm going to read for three issues and then drop. :(

Did you catch the racist tweet from Gail Simone that was being talked about yesterday? I stopped following Simone ages ago and by the time I saw that pop up it had been deleted.
I want to see this. I know someone caught it...its 2014, a semi-famous person doesn't just tweet and delete.

Messi

I'm hyped for Gotham Academy... whereas the solicit for Teen Titans #4 makes me think this is a book I'm going to read for three issues and then drop. :(

You know what. The creative teams of Batgirl and Gotham Academy are so awesome on twitter and so willing to respond to fan questions ect you can tell they are really exited for people to see their books. The hype is infectious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom