• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

This is me.

But I'm not sure Saya is terrible. Just ruthless.
Give it time, Messi. She'll reveal her terribleness soon enough

(wink)
Hahaha. Perfect.

But man, it's not even like I'm good friends with him anymore. I think ever since he met that girl back in January, I've hung out with him alone once. And if I include the times I've hung out with him when his girl's there, I think I've hung out with him 4 times in those 8 months. And one of those times was when my mom invited him over for dinner, and another one of those times was when he called me and asked me to take a video of them two.
You are definitely his best friend

(wink)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You are definitely his best friend

(wink)

Lol. Yeah, totally.
In fairness, it was some other guy who was in charge of telling everyone the plans.
But with that said, we've really drifted apart. We're totally different people and aren't very close anymore. So that's still true.

Yeah. It covers what seems pretty clearly to be the entire first story line. And you know I only use silly names out of appreciation. If it wasn't interested I wouldn't waste the time!

we talking about the deluxe edition right? That should cover 3 arcs, though it certainly feels like one storyline (for better or worse)

Criminal is fantastic. I liked Fatale, too. It was basically Criminal with a supernatural twist.

I've got the first Fatal OHC. Waiting for the second to be a little closer before starting it.

frye

Lol. So remember that whole saga with my best friend getting engaged to that girl?
Anyways, he's getting married a week from tomorrow.
So, I just got a phone call from him a half hour ago:
"Hey Kipp, did anyone tell you about my bachelor party?"
"Nope. When is it?"
"Oh. It's right now."
"Oh. Sweet."
"Yeah. I'll have Ted text you the info. Right now we're going to get sushi."
"Cool."

Soooo yeah.
And then I get the text with the plan and I guess they're going an hour south to go to a karaoke bar in a well-known gay neighborhood. And they'll probably just start heading down there just when I'm usually going to bed (9:30pm-ish) since they're just now going to dinner beforehand.
And on top of that, pretty much all the other groomsmen are people who massively get on my nerves.
Soooo I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go to my best friend's bachelor party. Am I a bad person? Probably. But whatever. If you don't tell me about your bachelor party until it's already started, you can't get mad if I don't go.

This is extremely off-topic but we as a people need a reminder that this is the most ridiculous story ever told on comics gaf

Wowza. Fully off topic, but crazy story. I have to tell somebody.

So anyways, I was about to post in here all excited saying I just got an email telling me I got pre-approved for a loan to buy a house.
If you remember, I was planning to move out there with my best friend.
But before I posted here I called him all excited telling him "It's actually happening!" and whatnot.

So after I get all the excitement out of my system he's like "Uuuhhh. This is awkward. So I've actually been dreading calling you..."

So he's been dating this girl for two weeks.
He goes on to tell me that today he was looking at engagement rings and he's 100% certain she's "the one." And like, he wants to ask her to marry him in the next couple weeks and they want to get married in March.

With that said, anyone want to move to Colorado? About $400/month rent?

Oh, and here's something that makes the story even a little bit better. Not even like he met her through a friend or something.
He works at Starbucks. She's sitting in the Starbucks when he's about to leave since his shift is over. She has a shirt on with some logo he recognizes or something. They talk briefly. She gives him her number and he calls her a little later and they meet up and the rest is history.
So yeah, she was just some completely random girl. Not even a mutual friend or something.

Hahahaha. This is unbelievable.
Okay, so I'm sure you all remember my friend who plans to get engaged to this girl after knowing her for two weeks. So my mom was having dinner with a couple of her friends and she was telling them about what had happened (since they asked if I'd gone to Colorado yet or something) and, long story short, one of my mom's friend's nephews also dated this girl AND THEY GOT ENGAGED. THIS GIRL IS ONLY 21 YEARS OLD. SHE'S ALREADY BEEN ENGAGED.
I thought it couldn't get any better.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Loooool. Sillymonkey, you've seen this, right? #TrumpBible

This is extremely off-topic but we as a people need a reminder that this is the most ridiculous story ever told on comics gaf

Hahaha. When it's all together like that, you do wonder how this is real life. Life truly is stranger than fiction. Either that or I just have kind of shitty friends.
Also, massive props to you for hunting down all the significant posts from that story. :p

Owzers

Ooooh. Is that what happened to FigureGAF?

I think we are FigureGAF at heart.

I didn't see the TrumpBible twitter thing before, pretty good stuff. I saw more of Trump today talking at a fundraiser, guy is still going to be our next president.

Squire

Banned
I've started down the path of Batman comics by reading Year One. Is this an alright reading order? http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/User:MrBlonde267/Batman_Trade_Reading_Order Though I think I'd rather read in publication order.

I can't advise you re: Batman, but I don't think I'd follow a reading order unless I was trying to get through a collection of work by one author, that I know I reasonably enjoy.

It's Batman though. I imagine you can skip around and these guys can tell you some good arcs.

Nudull

Banned
I've started down the path of Batman comics by reading Year One. Is this an alright reading order? http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/User:MrBlonde267/Batman_Trade_Reading_Order Though I think I'd rather read in publication order.

Year One itself is (IMO) one of the least problem-filled of Miller's works, but it's still Frank Miller. I'm curious to see that you end up thinking of it.

I can at least say that the New 52 reading order seems accurate, I'm still trying to work my way through most of DC's pre-reboot stuff.

Year One is my favorite thing Frank Miller ever did. Part of it is because of the Mazzuchelli art.

A quick sketch, this one goes out to Messi, four time Fifa world player of the year.

tumblr_ntty1pi9xv1rroituo1_1280.jpg

Its late so it stays a bit sketchy, sorry Messi, should have won the super copa all by yourself

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Year One is my favorite thing Frank Miller ever did. Part of it is because of the Mazzuchelli art.

A quick sketch, this one goes out to Messi, four time Fifa world player of the year.

Its late so it stays a bit sketchy, sorry Messi, should have won the super copa all by yourself

I love those readheads.

Year One itself is (IMO) one of the least problem-filled of Miller's works, but it's still Frank Miller. I'm curious to see that you end up thinking of it.

I can at least say that the New 52 reading order seems accurate, I'm still trying to work my way through most of DC's pre-reboot stuff.
I meant that I had already read Year One, last night in fact. I thought it was okay but more of Gordon's story than Batman's. Some really nice art.

frye

So I got that Valiant bundle and they added some stuff for those of you who were miffed they left out a bunch of XO Manowar volumes

Until Dawn arrived from Gamefly today :)

Also read Howard the Duck #5, it was okay and will give me another ipad wallpaper. It still feels a little haphazard in a bad way.
heyyy i checked that out from Redbox earlier today. excited to try it
Why buy the Valiant bundle when you can just sub to Scribd and get more
Why even buy it at all when /co/ has all the scans
It's a blast. Definitely going to play it again after MGS. I love how many ways events can vary. And the graphics and facial animations are insane.

JH12gc8.gif
I saw a clip that had Stormare acting and it looked ridiculous but that looks pretty good
Lol. So remember that whole saga with my best friend getting engaged to that girl?
Anyways, he's getting married a week from tomorrow.
So, I just got a phone call from him a half hour ago:
"Hey Kipp, did anyone tell you about my bachelor party?"
"Nope. When is it?"
"Oh. It's right now."
"Oh. Sweet."
"Yeah. I'll have Ted text you the info. Right now we're going to get sushi."
"Cool."

Soooo yeah.
And then I get the text with the plan and I guess they're going an hour south to go to a karaoke bar in a well-known gay neighborhood. And they'll probably just start heading down there just when I'm usually going to bed (9:30pm-ish) since they're just now going to dinner beforehand.
And on top of that, pretty much all the other groomsmen are people who massively get on my nerves.
Soooo I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go to my best friend's bachelor party. Am I a bad person? Probably. But whatever. If you don't tell me about your bachelor party until it's already started, you can't get mad if I don't go.

....ayyy lmao

hey Kipp, I feel like i'm going to want some Froyo tomorrow. But i work later in the day, so you're gonna have to drive it up here. thank you in advance

Tizoc

Don't follow a reading order. Just read the most recommended Batman stories.
For example Year One is good, Dark Knight Returns is fine.
From there you can move on to reading any Batman mini or story arc, etc.
Morrison's Batman run from a few years ago is pretty good.

Messi

Thank you ed. It's really cool :)

gabbo

So not only is C.O.W.L. being hung up, but Howard the Duck is on hiatus for a bit?
Jeez. I'll only have Captain Canuck to tide me over until the next Sex Criminals/W&D trades..... yikes

Messi

So not only is C.O.W.L. being hung up, but Howard the Duck is on hiatus for a bit?
Jeez. I'll only have Captain Canuck to tide me over until the next Sex Criminals/W&D trades..... yikes

Howard is Relaunching in October with the post Secret Wars books. Plus a new hat.

Zombine

Banned

Please keep coloring like this.

Bee Arr Pee Dee: The Universal Machine

God damn you, Arcunolla, stop writing so gud. Both the conversation between johann, liz and brojamin, and the showmanship between historian lady and creepy collector dude going on at the same time, with not a single panel wasted, gawd damn you guyze,for reals.

So I got that Valiant bundle and they added some stuff for those of you who were miffed they left out a bunch of XO Manowar volumes

I don't think they were many people, but I mentioned it earlier. I'm not sure why they goofed that up in the first place, but it was decent of them to add it in.

God damn you, Arcunolla, stop writing so gud. Both the conversation between johann, liz and brojamin, and the showmanship between historian lady and creepy collector dude going on at the same time, with not a single panel wasted, gawd damn you guyze,for reals.

Question, I'm dying to jump into BPRD. I'm missin the second Hellboy library edition though, yet I have the third. Can I jump into the third LE? I think I recall hearing LE 2 was just short stories.

Back home. Sadly, didn't get a chance to read many comics while I was gone.

I did read the final few issues of Loki: Agent of Asgard, and it might be my favourite comic of the year. Up there with Gillen's Journey Into Mystery for me, great run. Hopefully we get a Complete Collection or omnibus at some point.

The part at the recap page
where they plug Silver Surfer
was great.

Question, I'm dying to jump into BPRD. I'm missin the second Hellboy library edition though, yet I have the third. Can I jump into the third LE? I think I recall hearing LE 2 was just short stories.

BDPRPDPDP starts after The Conqueror Worm, and there's a lot of stuff in Hellbro Library Vol 2 and 3 that is expanded upon, so yeah, you're better off reading them before jumping in. Off of the top of my head, there's quite a bit involving Rasputin, the frogs, Hellboy (or his absence) and Roger that is developed in BRPD but started in vols 2 and 3.

Messi

Back home. Sadly, didn't get a chance to read many comics while I was gone.

I did read the final few issues of Loki: Agent of Asgard, and it might be my favourite comic of the year. Up there with Gillen's Journey Into Mystery for me, great run. Hopefully we get a Complete Collection or omnibus at some point.

The part at the recap page
where they plug Silver Surfer
was great.

Oh you are a real comicgaffer alright.

BDPRPDPDP starts after The Conqueror Worm, and there's a lot of stuff in Hellbro Library Vol 2 and 3 that is expanded upon, so yeah, you're better off reading them before jumping in. Off of the top of my head, there's quite a bit involving Rasputin, the frogs, Hellboy (or his absence) and Roger that is developed in BRPD but started in vols 2 and 3.

Crud.

I meant that I had already read Year One, last night in fact. I thought it was okay but more of Gordon's story than Batman's. Some really nice art.

If you're looking for a reading order I suppose that seems fairly reasonable. if you wanted to go in publication order then you'd skip everything before Batman: Tales of the Demon, then skip Nightwing: Year One, and from there pretty much everything is in publication order until you hit the mid-90s and have to start going back.

Ugh. What a bad shopping experience. The guy working just seemed super annoyed that I had the gall to be in his shop. And I only asked him like two or three questions the whole time I was there and he seemed so annoyed that I would ask him questions that I felt like I needed to apologize to him for bothering him each time I asked something.
Almost everything was in the back rather than on the floor, so since I didn't know what I wanted and the guy had no interest in helping me find something cool even though I made it clear that I just wanted to buy something, I just ended up getting this Manute (from Sin City) figure for $3 because why not.

That's shitty.

Cool figure I bought this Marv one a long ass time ago.

-------------------
I thought Batman Eternal was pretty bland from what I read but I think I'll give Batman & Robin Eternal a chance since Dick is featured prominently.

I was really on the fence if I wanted to jump on this.. I liked Batman Eternal.. but need to start cutting back...
So I just ordered #1 and ill probably trade wait the rest. Plus I love me some Tony Daniels art

-----------------
Deadly Class fans am I an idiot for only just realizing that
Marcus is an insane self absorbed prick? This crazy talk in 15 is so idiotic. He is just a fucking asshole. It's killing any sympathy I had for him
I don't like anyone in Deadly Class, but
Marcus
is probably the worst.
Which is why I'm probably gonna drop it.

Lol,, yeah
he's
fucked. It doesn't make me like the book any less at all.. Remender mentioned to me at C2E2 that basically everyone is going to be dragged through hell and tortured.

I'm in it till the end!

I love those readheads.
I think Marvel's emphasis on redheads is the true reason I got into Marvel.

Thank you ed. It's really cool :)
Thanks, glad you like it.

Please keep coloring like this.
First time trying that brush out. Liked it and Ill use it again in the future. A while back I bought a lot of custom PS brushes that I still have to try out. There was something like 100 in the pack so theres a lot to try out.

Your ascension to Birdie alt account has been interesting to say the least.

Dude stay with that sketchy vibe. I love it. Cliff Chiangin it!!

Top Bottom