• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

:D

Man, people don't know what they're missing, but I'm done shilling.
giphy.gif

You weren't around when I asked about them! It was a while ago.

I know :(

Man, though, people here were the ones that originally turned me on to Valiant. I came in here after the picture deal, and I think gket set me on Harbinger and A&A, and Birdie maybe on Bloodshot. I come back all excited to talk about it, and suddenly nobody knows about this stuff lol

So that's my origin story.

Is there a reading order? I feel like there should be a reading order.

Sorta, but not really. You can take a lot of stuff out of order, since they write with new readers in mind constantly.

Jon bones made a really great one, but I'm on my phone. I think he posted it about 3 pages back when he posted the bundle.

You've got a brand new copy of MGS V, and you're playing Alien?

Why is everything so weird today?

Lol I'm on my ps4 playing Ground Zeroes, and I see him playing Alien. I'm like wtf man, you're breaking my balls

Ok, this XO Bronowar page in ish 7 when the vine traitor explains to the visigoth dude that he betraying his own race because he wants to eat fruit is really well done.

And i now want to try cherimoya. Good thing it is locally produced.

Ok, this XO Bronowar page in ish 7 when the vine traitor explains to the visigoth dude that he betraying his own race because he wants to eat fruit is really well done.

XO has some really strong moments. I think the early parts turn a lot of people off because, well, it's slow as molasses. It's like an 8 issue origin story. Planet Death onwards, things are insanely high-stakes and just bananas

Messi

Deadly Class fans am I an idiot for only just realizing that
Marcus is an insane self absorbed prick? This crazy talk in 15 is so idiotic. He is just a fucking asshole. It's killing any sympathy I had for him

Messi

I don't like anyone in Deadly Class, but Marcus is probably the worst.
Which is why I'm probably gonna drop it.

I liked
Willie but he seems to have some issues too. Or maybe that's just how Marcus sees him.

Holy fuck at the last page of #15. Whoosh.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't really like anyone in Deadly class at this point either.
Petra and Billy
are probably to two most likable right now. But I'm still interested to see where the story goes and if
Marcus can pull out of this tailspin.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I love you and I love comics.

Reading Invisibles and I love that too. Also reading Archie and I love Archie.

Love.

Some free advice: you want people in this business to take you seriously, don't mix jesus and aliens.

My respect for venditti's wordsmithing grows with every ish.

I actually kind of dig that whole story beat, but it probably doesn't sound great on paper. The cool bit is how the Vine and the Visigoths both treat Aric like their savior, yet they are two groups that are fundamentally at odds.

I ended up caring more about the Vine later on in the story.

Zombine

Banned
Nah. It's a brilliant mix of the TellTale style game and those Quantic Dream joints that never quite lived up to their full potential. Really enjoying it so far.

In the last chapter I played, I got to run around a scary place as Hayden in nothing but a towel.

L-LEWD!

Game is so much fun. I genuinely love it. Freaking Peter Stormare...

So glad I bought it today.

Messi

Nah. It's a brilliant mix of the TellTale style game and those Quantic Dream joints that never quite lived up to their full potential. Really enjoying it so far.

In the last chapter I played, I got to run around a scary place as Hayden in nothing but a towel.

L-LEWD!

I read Lows newest issue just now. We are not worthy of this book. Just too damn good in story and especially art. My goodness. The last few pages were so cool. Actually the whole issue was amazing. Great action.

Hex

Banned
So I re-upped my pull list at the local comic shop,
Been torn for a while because some online places give better discounts, some local but a bit more inconvenient to get to do also but I decided to take the hit and support the home team.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, she really is. I have a soft spot for Jess, even if she's a bit ditzy.

I honestly look forward to helping her meet her eventual fate lol.

Same with her doofy-ass boyfriend lol

Hmmmm still not loving it, but it is making me want to watch a horror movie on netflix.

That zombie movie that Sillymonkey suggested I watch was REALLY cool. If Candyman is still up there you should watch it.

Zombine

Banned
Ha ha, Zombeen going for that no survivors trophy?

lol I genuinely didn't look at the list. I think I'll be playing this over and over again because it combines most of the things I enjoy. I do think they all need to die though. Not a single one of them are good people.

Owzers

I honestly look forward to helping her meet her eventual fate lol.

Same with her doofy-ass boyfriend lol

That zombie movie that Sillymonkey suggested I watch was REALLY cool. If Candyman is still up there you should watch it.

argh i watched Candyman a long time ago and it creeped me out.

lol I genuinely didn't look at the list. I think I'll be playing this over and over again because it combines most of the things I enjoy. I do think they all need to die though. Not a single one of them are good people.

What about Sam? She's clearly the heroine (as well as best girl).

OK. Finished the first XO Mango Ward hardcover. Quite enjoyable. As Lunchpod said above, it picks up a lot in the second half of things. On to the start of Humdinger.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol. So remember that whole saga with my best friend getting engaged to that girl?
Anyways, he's getting married a week from tomorrow.
So, I just got a phone call from him a half hour ago:
"Hey Kipp, did anyone tell you about my bachelor party?"
"Nope. When is it?"
"Oh. It's right now."
"Oh. Sweet."
"Yeah. I'll have Ted text you the info. Right now we're going to get sushi."
"Cool."

Soooo yeah.
And then I get the text with the plan and I guess they're going an hour south to go to a karaoke bar in a well-known gay neighborhood. And they'll probably just start heading down there just when I'm usually going to bed (9:30pm-ish) since they're just now going to dinner beforehand.
And on top of that, pretty much all the other groomsmen are people who massively get on my nerves.
Soooo I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go to my best friend's bachelor party. Am I a bad person? Probably. But whatever. If you don't tell me about your bachelor party until it's already started, you can't get mad if I don't go.

OK. Finished the first XO Mango Ward hardcover. Quite enjoyable. As Lunchpod said above, it picks up a lot in the second half of things. On to the start of Humdinger.

You've been watching that Guide to The Lord of The Rings video haven't you?

Soooo I'm pretty sure I'm not going to go to my best friend's bachelor party. Am I a bad person? Probably. But whatever. If you don't tell me about your bachelor party until it's already started, you can't get mad if I don't go.

Text him that you'll definitely make it to his next bachelor party.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Text him that you'll definitely make it to his next bachelor party.

Hahaha. Perfect.

But man, it's not even like I'm good friends with him anymore. I think ever since he met that girl back in January, I've hung out with him alone once. And if I include the times I've hung out with him when his girl's there, I think I've hung out with him 4 times in those 8 months. And one of those times was when my mom invited him over for dinner, and another one of those times was when he called me and asked me to take a video of them two.

Owzers

Lol. So remember that whole saga with my best friend getting engaged to that girl?
Anyways, he's getting married a week from tomorrow.
So, I just got a phone call from him a half hour ago:
"Hey Kipp, did anyone tell you about my bachelor party?"
"Nope. When is it?"
"Oh. It's right now."
"Oh. Sweet."
"Yeah. I'll have Ted text you the info. Right now we're going to get sushi."
"Cool."

Soooo yeah.
And then I get the text with the plan and I guess they're going an hour south to go to a karaoke bar in a well-known gay neighborhood. And they'll probably just start heading down there just when I'm usually going to bed (9:30pm-ish) since they're just now going to dinner beforehand.
And on top of that, pretty much all the other groomsmen are people who massively get on my nerves.

Kipp, let's play tennis tomorrow. In Virginia.

I felt like the first major decision in Until Dawn wasn't fair and that made me think the choices are going to be kinda obnoxious, but i'm keeping an open mind despite the initial bad impression.

Zombine

Banned
Kipp, let's play tennis tomorrow. In Virginia.

I felt like the first major decision in Until Dawn wasn't fair and that made me think the choices are going to be kinda obnoxious, but i'm keeping an open mind despite the initial bad impression.

When in doubt
Kill them both because fuck these people.

Owzers

When in doubt
Kill them both because fuck these people.

Yeah....i'm currently Matt during (early spoiler situation)
the argument between your terrible girlfriend and your terrible friend Mike's terrible girlfriend Jessica so i just stepped out of the room. These people are awful.

That Brubaker/Phillips magic on Criminal ngggggh

These names... The hardcover goes through Planet Death right? I honestly think the book has just gotta better, somehow. Each arc after Planet Death is just a notch higher than the last.

Good luck with Harbinger, it's my fave

This post wins the thread.

I try to be nice to you :(

These names... The hardcover goes through Planet Death right? I honestly think the book has just gotta better, somehow. Each arc after Planet Death is just a notch higher than the last.

Good luck with Harbinger, it's my fave

Yeah. It covers what seems pretty clearly to be the entire first story line. And you know I only use silly names out of appreciation. If it wasn't interested I wouldn't waste the time!

Top Bottom