• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

All of this avatar mess is so annoying. Have to individually open each user profile to see what's happening, since the superior browsing choice obviously involves having avatars turned off.

Anyway, baking a chocolate mousse cake. pix inc

Boogiepop

Hooray! Cynthia Nendoroid has shipped, Lucina Figma is finally released and on its way, and I managed to secure both the Dr Mario and Ganondorf amiibo this morning (just barely failing on the others, but I still remain hopeful with the dream of not having to wake up and wait in line for darn amiibo this time around...)

Now to finish off the Fraction FFs!

Hey, I love summer in Ireland. It's my favourite day of the year.

Going by wikipedia, Dublin's average temperature during the apex of summer is colder than the average temperature during the apex of winter where i live.

Also at least 9 days of rain every single month? Freaking hell.

Sounds like a lovely place.

Hagi

Man this is so on point.

Meanwhile in Scotland

VgXCk.gif

Messi

Going by wikipedia, Dublin's average temperature during the apex of summer is colder than the average temperature during the apex of winter where i live.

Also at least 9 days of rain every single month? Freaking hell.

Sounds like a lovely place.

It's always shitty and overcast

Yeah, just about ready for Summer to be over. Birthday's come and gone, so clearly there's nothing of value left in this miserable excuse of a season. Bring on Autumn!

lolautumn, lolclimatechange

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Owzers

All I'm doing is biding time until MGS V comes out. It feels like Christmas!

Until Dawn arrived from Gamefly today :)

Also read Howard the Duck #5, it was okay and will give me another ipad wallpaper. It still feels a little haphazard in a bad way.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That thread on job hoppers should interest you. Some headhunters defending 15 months to two years.

Yeah, I'm probably just going to stay at this new job for a year or year and a half. If I didn't want to move pretty badly I'd probably stay at it longer since I'm enjoying it, but I've been wanting to move pretty desperately for like 4 years now.
Plus, to be honest, my current job doesn't really pay me enough for the work I do, mostly because I'm effectively on-call 24/7 (which is also a lot of added stress), so it's probably for the best that I'm only planning to stay at it for a year to a year and a half.

I get to enjoy the relatively cooler nights by the coast, but I'm basically driving to the desert for work.

You know what, it actually snowed up here one day, in January. I forgot about that.

Oof. That's rough. Hopefully your job has AC at least.
And these nights by the coast sure haven't been cool the past few weeks. I've been way too hot even with a fan blasting straight into my face.

And yeah, that day it snowed was nuts. Haha

Squire

Banned
It's crazy to think every time Medusa kisses Black Bolt she's basically putting her mouth up to the barrel of a loaded gun.

I am so behind on Ninjak. Just read #3. So awesome. I love how into Ninjak's skills and tricks and tech this book gets. They show these little ninja hand moves he does to activate everything, how he's preprogrammed his gloves to type out certain hacks. It's just so fuckin cool.

Grayson #1 - #4: Started off a with the writing feeling a bit cliched and reading like a spin-off book. Something that would appeal to people a lot more familiar with Grayson than me. But issues 3 and 4 were a step up with the mystery getting interesting in itself. The art is great too. Will continue reading.

Very surprised that the first HC only collected 4 issues.

Grayson Futures End #1: This was a very interesting issue, really liked the Irreversible style storytelling structure. Is it a part of some event? Was surprised to see a 5 year jump.

Batman & Robin #0, #9 - #14: I am really enjoying this, a lot more than I did the main Batman run. A lot of the issues seem to connect up to the main Batman arcs though. I don't know how this would have read with no prior knowledge. Art continues to be great and Damian continues to be a little prick.

Thor #354: Damn, Thor got Hela pissed.

Thor #355: That was a beautiful issue.
But I would expect no less from... my Great Grandson. May he walk in honor
!

Fandral and Volstagg seem to be having fun. Loki continues to be a little prick.

That thread on job hoppers should interest you. Some headhunters defending 15 months to two years.

I've been with the same company for 9 years now...

(even moved 8000 miles to keep my job).

Darth Vader #7 was cool, but one little detail bothered the hell out of me, don't wookie fingers also have hair? Larocca was drawing him like a Bigfoot with humanoid hairless hands. Really distracting.

EDIT Never mind! Just did a little digging looks like chewie just grows his hair long over his hands. Interesting.

It's okay I just got the free trial and added a bunch of Valiant to my library. Noticed they had Rocketeer though so that takes precedence.

:D

Man, people don't know what they're missing, but I'm done shilling. I'll post some cool stuff for the few bros here, but that's it. I've done what I could, I think.

Top Bottom