• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Who's the guy in the t-shirt behind Frank Miller?

Actually who is everyone besides the Frank Miller, Jim Lee, Tim CIA King, Scott Snyder quadrangle?

I know Capullo.

Who's the guy in the t-shirt behind Frank Miller?

Actually who is everyone besides the Frank Miller, Jim Lee, Tim CIA King, Scott Snyder quadrangle?

I know Capullo.

You know who this is.

EURo8cW.png

I don't recognize everyone in the photo.

From left to right, I know...

Jimmy Palmiotti
Amanda Conner
Paul Dini
Tom King
Jim Lee
Scott Snyder
Frank Miller
Brian Azzarello
Dan Didio
Greg Capullo
Paul Levitz

Who am I missing?

Dusknoir

I really hope that in this new arc of Star Wars that Luke, Han or Leia don't show up. Some of my favorite parts of the Clone War TV Show only featured clones in them. Issue 21 of Stars Wars has me looking forward into liking this squad.

Only negative is that the art looks to dark sometimes.

I really hope that in this new arc of Star Wars that Luke, Han or Leia don't show up. Some of my favorite parts of the Clone War TV Show only featured clones in them. Issue 21 of Stars Wars has me looking forward into liking this squad.

Only negative is that the art looks to dark sometimes.
They will be. #21 was a one off.

so it becomes another batman vs joker story in the second half after an assault of r-rated sex, blood and language

honestly, the TV censors was probably the best thing to happen to the Batman animated series. Maybe TAS Joker never straight up murdering anybody neuters him a bit, but if they stops them from adapting the Killing Joke so Batman can FUCK Babs before she's shot and possibly raped, well the pros outweigh the cons here

There is something to be said for the idea that restrictions are the mother of creativity; without something in place to hold in Bruce Timm's dirty old man tendencies, what we got would probably be a lot worse.

bout to photoshop Paul Ryan into that pic

Bro Jim Lee is like RIGHT THERE you really think Paul Ryan would by caught dead with an Asian dude in his crowd?

Owzers

i ran into someone called Freezathegreat on overwatch, i knew it wasn't our freeza because they are playing overwatch ( and the whole other name thing).

...who wrote that dialogue?
Jim Starlin
Watchmen - Adapting the unadaptable: https://youtu.be/5oltd-Jsi2I

Very great thinkpiece on the Watchmen movie and a comparison to the book.
Will watch later. I've always enjoyed that movie. Never thought it was as bad as people make it out to be.
Nah it doesn't mean anything. So many great genre shows had awful first seasons. See Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek: TNG, Farscape, The Walking Dead.
BtVS S1 is fun to go back to. It's so campy B-movie. Even if it does have some garbage episodes.
Must read

Boogiepop

...Welp, the wait for the second Deadly Class hardcover is going to be a difficult one. But thus are the trials of my current plan of "nice fancy edition"-waiting (with some digital on the side, but I'm not gonna go digital on something where I already decided I'm in for the nice fancy editions).

Also, I finished the crappy Sonic comics and hit the point where Ian Flynn comes in, and yeah, he just immediately improves everything massively. Oh, and I realized when you throw together the main comic and Universe (plus a little Boom I guess), he should be at a giant run of over 200 issues in that universe by now, I think, which is actually pretty damn impressive.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Rumble #1

James Harren and Dave Stewart should always work together, those guys are a perfect match.

First chapter was pretty interesting, the swords and fantasy stuff is right up my alley, so I'm sure I'll like the rest.

Get you a man who looks at you the way Grant Morrison looks at Gerard Way.

"Look deep into my eyes you little shit. You will never surpass me. I am Grant Fucking Morrison. I wrote masterpieces while you were twiddling with eye liner and singing about not being ok. Remember your place."

"Mr. Morrison!"

"Ahhh, yes to answer your question I am looking forward to Gerard's work at DC!"

Messi

...Welp, the wait for the second Deadly Class hardcover is going to be a difficult one. But thus are the trials of my current plan of "nice fancy edition"-waiting (with some digital on the side, but I'm not gonna go digital on something where I already decided I'm in for the nice fancy editions).

Also, I finished the crappy Sonic comics and hit the point where Ian Flynn comes in, and yeah, he just immediately improves everything massively. Oh, and I realized when you throw together the main comic and Universe (plus a little Boom I guess), he should be at a giant run of over 200 issues in that universe by now, I think, which is actually pretty damn impressive.

See you in 2 years for the next fancy edition m8

Rumble #1

James Harren and Dave Stewart should always work together, those guys are a perfect match.

First chapter was pretty interesting, the swords and fantasy stuff is right up my alley, so I'm sure I'll like the rest.

Rumble is fucking fantastic

Health insurance rip off lying
FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
better than silk they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson,
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson

God damn, a New Radicals reference? Psych riding in the way-back machine.

Health insurance rip off lying
FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
better than silk they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson,
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson

I know y'all think I'm just a hyperbole machine or whatever but this is honestly the best post in ComicGAF history.

PsychBat!

Banned
Reason will not lead to solution
I will end up lost in confusion
I don't care if you really care
As long as you don't go

so i cry i pray and i beg

love love me
say that you love me

frye

tfw playground allegiances to multibillion dollar comic book corporations has become subsumed into the culture at large

Sou Da

tfw playground allegiances to multibillion dollar comic book corporations has become subsumed into the culture at large
Which culture?

I felt that comics had a good "they both suck" thing going in the '10s until the movies got huge.

Given the way the Clinton and Trump campaigns conduct themselves on Twitter, I can see this shit making it into the presidential debates.

Top Bottom