• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Messi

Yo Otto Schmidt is legit amazing. He is arting and coloring the shit out of Green Arrow. Please tell me Juan Ferreyra isn't replacing him full time. I need them to rotate.

VanWinkle

Yo Otto Schmidt is legit amazing. He is arting and coloring the shit out of Green Arrow. Please tell me Juan Ferreyra isn't replacing him full time. I need them to rotate.

Nah, Schmidt is coming back. And yeah his art is incredible. But MAN, Ferreyra's is, too!

gzbV9tA.png

hWdpxiP.png

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Rumble #3

Alright, yeah, Rumble is fucking awesome. Definitely getting Volume 2 ASAP.

I think it was you last month saying that Ferreyra was amazing and going to rock Green Arrow. His stuff is okay, but Schmidt killed the whole comic game with his Green Arrow issues. I prefer his stuff immensely over the Ferreyra look.

Neoxon

So they introduced Kamala Khan in the Avengers Assemble cartoon, & her origin is literally ripped from the comics for the little we saw of her (her walking home from the party, her fainting right next to a light post, etc.). The only thing we didn't see was the dream sequence.

Spent the night researching different tablet options for improving my comic reading experience. I'm done reading on my phone.

I came thisclose to picking up the 12.9 inch iPad Pro, but got turned off by the $900 price tag and the weight. It looks amazing, but a bit unwieldy and IT WAS JUST SEX FOR GOD'S SAKE.

I settled on an iPad Air 2, which should arrive Thursday. Super excited. I'm going to hold off on reading my Wednesday purchases so I can break it in right.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #3
So is Steve secretly working against Hydra as a whole, or just Red Skull? Because he clearly isn't on Skull's side, since he kept Selvig alive, but we've nothing to indicate that he's against Hydra as a whole. I suppose aside from leaving Jack Flag alive. We also don't know if Zemo is also alive, but I'll assume he is.

Also Taskmaster as sheriff is the best.

Venom: Space Knight #10
So am I to assume that all this is follow-up from Remender's run? Which means that the issues leading up to Marvel NOW! are going to be clean-up issues for anythinf Flash related? Because that's my conclusion.

So is Steve secretly working against Hydra as a whole, or just Red Skull? Because he clearly isn't on Skull's side, since he kept Selvig alive, but we've nothing to indicate that he's against Hydra as a whole. I suppose aside from leaving Jack Flag alive. We also don't know if Zemo is also alive, but I'll assume he is.

Steve has philosophical differences regarding what "good Hydra values" mean. Presumably because his rewritten past is based on Kobik's idea of what Hydra means, not Red Skull directly.

Sandfox

Kobik, and by extension Steve, have a fairy tale like view of Hydra where it is a force of good that will make everyone happy. The Red Skull obviously isn't doing that so now it's looking like Steve is planning to overthrow him and bring out the Hydra he believes in.

Steve has philosophical differences regarding what "good Hydra values" mean. Presumably because his rewritten past is based on Kobik's idea of what Hydra means, not Red Skull directly.
That's what the Red Skull gets for reading her Hydra bedtime stories lol

kmfdmpig

He looks fine. But how did Katana even get on this team? Is she a criminal or something?

It looks like the comic wants to mirror the film, but why she was put on the Squad for the film is a bit confusing. I suspect they wanted to have another woman on the team, but you're right she's an odd choice as she's not a criminal.

Nightwing #1: I think I'm out on this book. Raptor seems cool, but I really don't like Seeley's dialogue. His attempts at jokes are just bad. Cheese Vikings!

Happy birthday! With one more year of wisdom, you're one step closer to realizing that Umbrella Academy is good, but not that good.

Owzers

Happy Birthday Freeza!
Freezathegreat or regular Freeza?

These overwatch Olympic loot boxes where you can't get skins through gold currency...this is my thing that makes me angry even though it's not important. Justice demands retribution.

Sanjuro

I know there might be an obvious website, but is there a intuitive place to keep track of released issues for active ongoing series?

Many of the links I go to on the go have no release dates or links to issues months out.

smisk

I know there might be an obvious website, but is there a intuitive place to keep track of released issues for active ongoing series?

Many of the links I go to on the go have no release dates or links to issues months out.

I just tend to check Comixology, you can search a series and see what has already been released, and the dates etc.

Top Bottom