• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

PsychBat!

Banned
Does Jessica not count as a Spider-Person?
Spider-Woman has the same kind of relationship to the Spider family as Batwoman has to the Bat family.

The have the name, but they seldom hang out with eachother and don't have many similarities.

Oh what the fuck top of the page? I swear I didn't mean it this time.

I know right?? :O

Speaking of cool Marvel books starring female characters that came out last week, can we talk about this cameo in last week's Mockingbird?

ca8baGg.png

It's tooootally Violet

<3

I went to see Suicide Squad. It was alright. 6.5 my scale, maybe an 8 on the IGN scale? I enjoyed it more than I thought I would anyway.

Malyse

I forgot her. But you are right. Oh man, so many books.

But PsychBat is right. Not sure why she was in Spiderverse, tbh, her powers seem to work completly different...

Why *wouldn't* you want Jessica in your book though?

----

I'm interested in seeing where Mosaic goes. Interesting power.

Malyse

Typical MU six months behind caveat, but I love Silk's book, pre and post SW. There are too many Spider people right now, and eventually I know they'll be culled, but Silk cannot be one of them. Love the writing, love the art.

Y'all are forgetting a lot of Spiders.

Plus Annie May (really marvel?) and Mary Jane are getting in Renew Your Vows.

I have an absurd amount of affection for Spider-Girl.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why *wouldn't* you want Jessica in your book though?
I am one of the few people here who dont have a big problem with Jessica, its just that she has no real reason to take part in Spider-Verse. The couple of unique Spiders of 616 like Kaine or Silk have a reason given to the plot and female Spider-Women of the other earths where they replaced Peter or are the people who got bitten.
Pretty sure she wasnt even connected to this "great web" bullshit lore that has been established over the years and never lead into anything.

This said, I dont have a real issue with her taking part in the whole. I am just nitpicking.

tim1138

Which Spider-Girl though? Anya Corazon or the vastly superior Mayday Parker?

I was thinking more of Spider-folks with their own books, but yeah, I did forget Drew and Venom. And I like both of them, too.

Both of them kind of have their niche as well. Venom is a cool Cosmic book that can cross over with the other cosmic books, but doesn't have to.

Jess is completely unique, and she completely keeps her distance from the other Spiders. Actually, as of six months ago, (AKA MU timezone) I believe the only one who has been in her book at all was Gwen for a couple of panels when they were having coffee or whatever. I think Jessica Drew is kind of the Marilyn Munster of the Spider Family. She may have the family name, but she hangs out with the cool kids.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel seems to let her team up all the time with Gwen and Cindy. Gwens Annual teased another story with all female Spiders, which I think is rather weak.

Venom is coming back to earth with Marvel Now and will be a Villain again. Cant wait.

Also, we forgot Carnage... Yet another book :D

Wasn't that supposed to be Spider-Women?

Or was that just Jess and Gwen?
I meant I would have loved this As part of Spider-Verse

Malyse

Marvel seems to let her team up all the time with Gwen and Cindy. Gwens Annual teased another story with all female Spiders, which I think is rather weak.

Venom is coming back to earth with Marvel Now and will be a Villain again. Cant wait.

Also, we forgot Carnage... Yet another book :D

I meant I would have loved this As part of Spider-Verse

I'm perfectly okay with Gwen P, Gwen S, and Kamala just cameoing all through the MU.

Also, I'm impressed that they made the most uncomfortable relationship in comics even more uncomfortable.
Jean and Logan was always weird but Teen!Jean and Old Man!Logan feels illegal.

PsychBat!

Banned
Superman #4 & #5

It was a bit jarring going from Gleason to Mahnke from 4 to 5. Gleason should've done both issues. Is the novelty of Pre-New52 Supes being in the New 52 wearing off? Nah. Superman continues to be the most interesting Superbook of this year off of that premise alone.

Ross61

Superman #4 & #5

It was a bit jarring going from Gleason to Mahnke from 4 to 5. Gleason should've done both issues. Is the novelty of Pre-New52 Supes being in the New 52 wearing off? Nah. Superman continues to be the most interesting Superbook of this year off of that premise alone.
Gleason can only due so much, and some panels in #4 already looked rushed as is.

Sandfox

Superman #4 & #5

The Rebirth trades are going to be weird with the art changing up like that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I take my critic regarding Jessicas involvement in Spider-Verse back.
She is the only Spider who is able to infiltrate Loom World because she is the only Spider who has no point in actually taking part because she is no totem.

Stupid me.

Aceun

Action Comics had a satisfying enough conclusion even though it did not need to drag on for so many issues. I'll keep reading, but this is one of the weaker books in my pull list.

LOVED Wonder Woman. I almost wish there were two Wonder Woman books instead of one book bouncing back and forth between two stories. That said, I'm enjoying the intrigue as well the supporting cast in the modern storyline.

Malyse

Action Comics had a satisfying enough conclusion even though it did not need to drag on for so many issues. I'll keep reading, but this is one of the weaker books in my pull list.

LOVED Wonder Woman. I almost wish there were two Wonder Woman books instead of one book bouncing back and forth between two stories. That said, I'm enjoying the intrigue as well the supporting cast in the modern storyline.

I think they should bring back Sensation Comics and make a Wonder Family to go with the Bat and Super families. If you plan on making WW the third part of your trinity, make her the third part of your damn trinity then.

----

Also, Anya should be a supporting character for Jessica.

Sandfox

I think they should bring back Sensation Comics and make a Wonder Family to go with the Bat and Super families. If you plan on making WW the third part of your trinity, make her the third part of your damn trinity then.
We're going to get a Harley family before all these lesser heroes get one.

Aceun

I would love this!

Zombine

Banned
Anybody else read snot girl yet besides bk?

I was legit the only person hyped for it before you were a regular. You should have seen this place. For some reason they can read the craziest shit but snot is a no go.

Book ain't even about snot. I fucking love it. It's very wholesome and it's pretty LGBT friendly. Book was definitely going in a certain direction before
her almost bae was killed.

Top Bottom