• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

mreddie

latest

How's Mark Waid's Black Widow? Thinking of getting the first arc with the CMX coupon

Given how much I enjoyed Velvet and most of Hawkeye, I imagine it's a no-brainer?

How's Mark Waid's Black Widow? Thinking of getting the first arc with the CMX coupon

Given how much I enjoyed Velvet and most of Hawkeye, I imagine it's a no-brainer?
I haven't read that but this is my favorite Black Widow story.

https://www.comixology.com/Black-Widow-The-Name-of-the-Rose/digital-comic/24376?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L3RhYmxldC9zbGlkZXJMaXN0L2l0ZW1TbGlkZXI

I don't know why Marvel hasn't just taken that story and adapted it to a Black widow movie years ago

It's good yeah. First issue was amazing and Samnee's art with Wilson's coloring is gorgeous. One of the best looking comics each month.

Sandfox

The preview for All-New Wolverine Annual just came out and I want it.

Also, the Mosaic preview Marvel gave out a while back is free on Comixology now.

Bane

So for a while I've been meaning to ask on here about a good comic site. I've been less and less thrilled with CBR over the last few months and now... yeah. I thought about going back to Newsarama but it looked possibly worse. Any good alternatives to those out there? How's Comic Vine nowadays?

Snotgirl #2 was v good. Hung's art is so pretty and it's a really fun comic if you're into social media sites. Definitely feels more sincere about its approach to them compared to stuff like Batgirl.

frye

Snotgirl #2 was v good. Hung's art is so pretty and it's a really fun comic if you're into social media sites. Definitely feels more sincere about its approach to them compared to stuff like Batgirl.

yeah, I couldn't help but think about that Batgirl run while reading it. There's stuff that *sounds* right in the writing here that doesn't in the Burnside Batgirl stuff even though they're kinda working in the same milieu

Oh god the ick is through the roof with those two. Marvel pls
It should have been Rachel Summers. STOP IGNORING THE GIRL, MARVEL!
Death of X takes place before the start of ANAD Marvel. IvX is a present-day event.
DoX also takes place during present ANAD. IvX takes place after the CW2 mini and CW2 as a whole
Anybody else read snot girl yet besides bk?
I have not
Havent seen BK lately, is he banned or something?

I know. It's been a while!

Hmm, hope he's okay. :(
giphy.gif

Steve, though a certain group of people get pissed at Sam's book too lol.

Steve's book is one of my most anticipated books if only because I have no idea what the fuck is gonna happen next.

Sandfox

It should have been Rachel Summers. STOP IGNORING THE GIRL, MARVEL!

DoX also takes place during present ANAD. IvX takes place after the CW2 mini and CW2 as a whole

I have not

giphy.gif

Steve's book is one of my most anticipated books if only because I have no idea what the fuck is gonna happen next.

Rachel came back in the latest issue of the X-Men Civil War 2 tie-in book.

It's amazing. Definitely one of the best books Marvel has out right now.

--

Just finished up Multiversity. That was pretty damn great, will have to do a couple of rereads to fully digest everything.

Pax Americana and Ultra Comics were exceptional!

Im in the process of getting Hickmans Fantastic Four/FF complete run, but im loving the Fantastic Four at the moment. Whats worth getting more, the Mark Waid run or Matt Fractions? IST has Fractions Omnibus for $55, or I can get Waid's run in separate Ultimate Collection trades.

Man, I really gotta rewatch Buffy one of these days.

Also, Echo, Managed to top some friends into playing D&D with me. We're going to start with pre-made stuff from the starter kit to see if they're down to get more into it, but I'm already crazy excited.

I rewatched S5 not long ago to remind myself how godlike it was. Then I decided to start watching all of Angel from the beginning to remind myself about how it's just a better show.

I wanted to rewatch Buffy and Angel this summer but the kid was not into it. Freaked her the fuck out. Which is weird, she loved it years ago.

Also, Echo, Managed to top some friends into playing D&D with me. We're going to start with pre-made stuff from the starter kit to see if they're down to get more into it, but I'm already crazy excited.

That's so RAD man! Crazy happy for you.

MMivXKE.gif

edit: Story time! In our game this past Sunday I trapped my players in a cage of fire with a swarm of armor-eating oozes. My best friend immediately leaps up and cries, "WHAT THE SHIT, ECHO??? WHAT THE FUCK" then one of my other friends says "Okay I'm going to check if that fire cage is an illusion."

It was :mad:

Everybody congratulated him on seeing through the trap so quickly. "Oh yeah, if _____ called Echo out I knew there really was some bullshit going on..."

>:p
NEXT TIME THEY WILL PAY

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I rewatched S5 not long ago to remind myself how godlike it was. Then I decided to start watching all of Angel from the beginning to remind myself about how it's just a better show.

I remember seeing the character art for Angel before I started it and thinking that I was going to hate it but good god did Lorne win me over.

MMivXKE.gif

Nl6RL.gif

I wanted to rewatch Buffy and Angel this summer but the kid was not into it. Freaked her the fuck out. Which is weird, she loved it years ago.

MMivXKE.gif
tumblr_inline_nvvc30cJ0d1rijrbi_500.gif

I remember seeing the character art for Angel before I started it and thinking that I was going to hate it but good god did Lorne win me over.

Nl6RL.gif

Lorne is amazing. All the characters are fantastic. Wesley Wyndam-Price and Cordelia Chase have the two greatest character arcs ever.

A new Youngblood book is announced.. CBR appears to purge all records and shit itself out in spectacular fashion. Coincidence? Someone didn't want to live in that world.

Top Bottom