• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Sweet, you guys are fans of shadowrun too?

613N6mioLoL.jpg

Good news: CBR is back up. Bad news: Nothing changed.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #4
If there was ever an issue that said, "here's all of the everything," it's this one. It also says something about the character of Steve Rogers and the theme of the book that I'd like to go into more detail about, but I'm super sleepy. Great issut though.

The Ultimates #10
OTIlp67.gif

Extraordinary X-Men #13
Interesting, if a bit of a catch-all solution. Better be a good reason for this, as it feels anti-climactic. Also, I like the individual pairings that they have. Fuck Forge, though. Also,
the dimensional travelling sequence with Storm and Magik looked an awful lot like Eva Bell's time travel in the All-New/Uncanny X-Men annuals. Solid issue

Looks a lot better than the previous design but what's happened to the Comics Should Be Good and Robot 6 blogs? They're the only reason I visited the site.

EDIT: oh just seen on Twitter the've just been folded into the site's main content :/

lmao at all the the headlines that are too long for the redesign

Mindwipe

The only thing funnier than the utter shitshow that is the CBR redesign is Bleeding Cool talking about it. Kettle, thou art black. BC has been literally broken for the better part of a year.

Mafro

The only thing funnier than the utter shitshow that is the CBR redesign is Bleeding Cool talking about it. Kettle, thou art black. BC has been literally broken for the better part of a year.
There was a period after their last redesign where I literally couldn't visit BC because whatever new adware they installed was instantly crashing my browser.

Mafro

Well, it looks like the various Comics Should Be Good articles were merged into the main list of "Comic News", but can still be accessed. The URLs have changed so that is a pain.

http://www.cbr.com/author/brian_cronin/

http://www.cbr.com/author/greg_burgas/
Yeah none of the old links work now which is annoying because I had a lot of their old 100 Greatest list stuff bookmarked. The CSBG twitter will still be posting articles that would've appeared on the blog https://twitter.com/csbg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I don't know if she's in anything besides the second Teen Titans run. Not really a comic worth going out of your way to read.

fair enough, back to Uncanny Avengers!

glad i powered through volume 1 because volume 2 (just read issue #8 this AM) is so, so good. love the call backs to UXF, love Thor doin cosmic shit. does this story wrap up nicely before AXIS shits all over everything?

Mafro

fair enough, back to Uncanny Avengers!

glad i powered through volume 1 because volume 2 (just read issue #8 this AM) is so, so good. love the call backs to UXF, love Thor doin cosmic shit. does this story wrap up nicely before AXIS shits all over everything?
The UXF plot threads and cosmic stuff in that series were great. Unfortunately everything from the Red Skull stuff isn't wrapped up and it basically ends with "What happens next? Find out in AXIS #1!" I've said this before but it's so obvious AXIS was just meant to be the final arc in Uncanny Avengers but editorial decisions changed it onto a crossover event with its own book (Remender hinted at this in an AMA). It was a real shame because it kinda soured me on the last arc of that run.

I didn't get one of those Comixology codes either. Probably a good thing but seeing you didn't have to have an Amazon account linked. I'm surprised I didn't.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The UXF plot threads and cosmic stuff in that series were great. Unfortunately everything from the Red Skull stuff isn't wrapped up and it basically ends with "What happens next? Find out in AXIS #1!" I've said this before but it's so obvious AXIS was just meant to be the final arc in Uncanny Avengers but editorial decisions changed it onto a crossover event with its own book (Remender hinted at this in an AMA). It was a real shame because it kinda soured me on the last arc of that run.

yeah thats fine, i'm gonna stop before the last arc anyway

i'm in this for the cosmic shit, don't really care about red skull

So if I want to start collecting physical trades for comics, what's the best place to buy em for cheap? Amazon?

I'm not really looking to switch away from digital (way too convenient, especially when travelling out of the country) but I'd like to start a small collection to compliment my book stuff.

So if I want to start collecting physical trades for comics, what's the best place to buy em for cheap? Amazon?

I'm not really looking to switch away from digital (way too convenient, especially when travelling out of the country) but I'd like to start a small collection to compliment my book stuff.

Are you in the US?

instocktrades.com

amazon.com

eBay/HPB.com/cheapgraphicnovels and other websites.

(In that order).

I mainly use instocktrades for new releases or easy to find stuff. Their prices are usually better than Amazon and they do free shipping for orders over $50. Their packaging is great too, and your books won't be damaged.

I go with Amazon if I want things fast though. They have a habit of packaging things poorly so you need to be careful about that. It's common to get trades that get damaged during shipping. They're usually fine for hardcovers however.

For out of print stuff I just use eBay. My comic shop runs sales a lot too so I'll pick up stuff through them as well.

Not when they're three weeks old.

Most stupid scene and weakest ass thing to have a reason to bring the Ultimate Universe back at some point

Hahaha. Ohhh. So Good. I thought it was kind of hilarious. Burger was dope btw, blue cheese & onion rings on top. Blue cheese kind tastes like it's three weeks old, but in a good way.

I'd like to start a small collection to compliment my book stuff.

I'm UK so these guys have you covered, I can't recommend anywhere really, but I like what I'm hearing here man, having a nice physical collection on a bookcase or a shelf is really satisfying. Keep us updated on whatever you kick things off with :)

No-one took my shadowrun bait haha, disappointing, thought I might incense someone with that classic. I really like those shadowrun games that HBS do though, in all seriousness, the last two especially.

I thought Blue Beetle Rebirth was pretty ok. It made me think of what a Blue Beetle cartoon's first episode would be. Some comedic family interaction followed by some cringey teen comedic interaction leading to comedic action. This sounds like I think it was bad, but it wasn't. It was just ok.

Malyse

Captain America: Steve Rogers #4
If there was ever an issue that said, "here's all of the everything," it's this one. It also says something about the character of Steve Rogers and the theme of the book that I'd like to go into more detail about, but I'm super sleepy. Great issut though.

The Ultimates #10
OTIlp67.gif

Extraordinary X-Men #13
Interesting, if a bit of a catch-all solution. Better be a good reason for this, as it feels anti-climactic. Also, I like the individual pairings that they have. Fuck Forge, though. Also,
the dimensional travelling sequence with Storm and Rogue looked an awful lot like Eva Bell's time travel in the All-New/Uncanny X-Men annuals. Solid issue

you missed yoir end tag. Also, that would be Magik not Rogue.

Mindwipe

There was a period after their last redesign where I literally couldn't visit BC because whatever new adware they installed was instantly crashing my browser.

That happened for lots of us.

It still makes my laptop's processor catch fire. Bleeding Cool is the site on the internet that most tests me on not doing any ad-blocking.

It's weird how insulting not getting the 30% CMX code feels. Humans are funny creatures, and giving something to one group seemingly randomly and not another just... rankles more than if there had not been a code.

I need some kind of run in with Tom King at some point. I'm seriously considering getting Omega Men 8 and Grayson 16 signed and framed. Two favorite comic issues I've probably ever read. One is heart crushing and one is hilarious and fun. It'd be a cool contrast to have them both signed and framed.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's national burger day! What's up?

Found a lump and have been referred to an oncologist for the 7th

It'll just be a cyst, but it has my family worried. Even the doctor didn't seem too worried. Hasn't been a great year, lost my Grandma and my great Auntie to cancer.

It'll just be a cyst, but it has my family worried. Even the doctor didn't seem too worried. Hasn't been a great year, lost my Grandma and my great Auntie to cancer.

That sucks man! Don't be too worried man. Peopel don't talk aobut these things but cysts etc. are super common, especially as you get older. I've got no shame, I'll share.
I had a small cyst on my spermatic cord, so not the testicle, but a ways up what they hang by
back around February time. I got so stressed during the wait to be referred and seen etc. I gave myself TMJ (locked up my jaw joint from gritting my teeth in my sleep haha). And it was literally nothing. Even on the off chance it is anything, you've done the extremely sensible thing of going, getting checked, and starting a process to check it out. Sorry to hear about the family, even better the reason to get checked though. Comics will definitely cheer you up, try not think about it too much :)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Ah, man. Hope it all turns out like you expect it to.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That sucks man! Don't be too worried man. Peopel don't talk aobut these things but cysts etc. are super common, especially as you get older. I've got no shame, I'll share.
I had a small cyst on my spermatic cord, so not the testicle, but a ways up what they hang by
back around February time. I got so stressed during the wait to be referred and seen etc. I gave myself TMJ (locked up my jaw joint from gritting my teeth in my sleep haha). And it was literally nothing. Even on the off chance it is anything, you've done the extremely sensible thing of going, getting checked, and starting a process to check it out. Sorry to hear about the family, even better the reason to get checked though. Comics will definitely cheer you up, try not think about it too much :)

Ah, man. Hope it all turns out like you expect it to.

Yeah, I'm not worried. It's a lump thats mainly on my "tubes" but there it does go onto the body of the testicle so the doctor was slightly concerned.

only 4% of lumps are cancerous though, so I'm not worried yet.

Tbh the worst thing was probably the fact that, due to nerves, it totally shrivelled ahaha :(

giphy.gif

Top Bottom