• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Hagi

Bunker to the Detective Comics team!

It's why I'm so bummed about Super Sons getting delayed. Dickhead Damien and Optimistic fun Jon is such a great paring.

I'm so bummed about that getting pushed back to next year. Every since it was announced it's been the one book I've been looking forward to the most even more so now I'm way into Superman.

You and me both

This is what Damian does. Taking everything Tim does and doing it better in a dick way.

He really is the best Robin. I'm absolutely buying that Batman and Robin omnibus that's coming out soon. Hopefully they do one for post Morrison as well.

I'm disappointed Babs barely did interiors for Batgirl after the first story arc. She didn't even draw the last couple is issues. Bengal's art is nice. Sorry Messi.

Appreciate the good luck though, thanks a lot :D

No bother man!

There was a mix of concern that Way hasn't really proven himself as most did not like the Killjoys (I haven't read it), some argued that Umbrella Academy was overrated, etc...
I imagine that the fear of messing up the Doom Patrol is part of that as well. Personally, I'm excited about Young Animals as it feels like a return to what made Vertigo so great 20-25 years ago.

Yea, totally agree, the young animal stuff is exciting, the actual properties, the tone, the auteur type idea.

I figured killjoys might come up, but I'm pretty sure he did not script that book, which again, you can criticise him for that, going off and doing other thing, and you could draw a parallel then here with the other young animal books but I dunt know.

I honestly think umbrella academy stands on it's own merits. Thematically, artistically, the characters, the scripting, and sure the style. Anything with style will inevitably have people that can't get behind it becaus eits just not them but it's better than something bland that doesn't try, and like i say, it has the chops behind it to hit you in the feels and say something, amongst the amazing wacky things that pop up in the book.

I don't know doom patrol, but if umbrella academy was a love letter to it, then I honestly believe the book is in good hands. The other books will live or die by the other creators involved. Whether people place that k Way's head if they fail, I don't know, maybe he put his neck out there so he'll deserve that maybe not. You said it though, it's exciting, it's something to get behind.

I'm disappointed Babs barely did interiors for Batgirl after the first story arc. She didn't even draw the last couple is issues. Bengal's art is nice. Sorry Messi.

Motorcrush though, have you saw the stuff she's been posting for that? Looks so good. Who does the majority of the rest of the series then? Bengal?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Danny Glover may not be a Schwarzenegger, but he really helped to made the Sequel it own thing.

And that scene where he gets honored by the Yautja king. Man.

Hagi

Danny Glover may not be a Schwarzenegger, but he really helped to made the Sequel it own thing.

And that scene where he gets honored by the Yautja king. Man.

I don't know why but I really do like Predator 2 even though it pales in comparison to the original. There's some weird stuff in it but it's fun. Hyped for Shane Blacks Predator reboot/sequel/noideawhatitis coming out next year. Would be awesome if he had Russel Crowe as the main character.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't know why but I really do like Predator 2 even though it pales in comparison to the original. There's some weird stuff in it but it's fun. Hyped for Shane Blacks Predator reboot/sequel/noideawhatitis coming out next year. Would be awesome if he had Russel Crowe as the main character.
I take everything I just hope its just not the Rock.

And man, I was not aware that Shane Black was in the first movie. The dude with the really bad Vagina jokes.

Hagi

And man, I was not aware that Shane Black was in the first movie. The dude with the really bad Vagina jokes.

Yeah I'd pass on the Rock as well. Wonder if that gargantuan meat monster is still set to play Black Adam and if they are even going to make Shazam. He definitely has the physical presence to play an intimidating villain.

Yeah I'd pass on the Rock as well. Wonder if that gargantuan meat monster is still set to play Black Adam and if they are even going to make Shazam. He definitely has the physical presence to play an intimidating villain.

It's too bad we can't have gif avatars. You could just make yours cycle through the dozen or so you regularly switch between.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cqz6gj8WcAAwCHW.jpg

MU?

Quite liked the look of the champions preview. Find Ramos to be allll over the place e over n the yeats, sometimes I've really liked him, sometimes horrible but that was a good preview. Good reaction off ms marvel too. I haven't really read anything of the character, but this is the angle that should come up more often after disasters in the marvel universe.

PsychBat!

Banned

I'd take the Rock over any generic white guy they had in Expendables III. Or any generic white guy in general.

Jai Courtney and Sam Worthington. God, what if they were in the movie?

Hagi

Looks like a new X-Book that will tie into IvX to me. It could be something more than that though for all I know.

what a...specific guess, mr "im not a industry insider I sware"

futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

Fallout from IvX leads to Mutants United! After dealing with the Terrigenesis threat and war against the Inhumans mutants stand together again revitalized from brink of extinction. Mutants rally round their new home, characters thought lost return and Beast is exiled to the Negative Zone! Find out more in 2017!

Sandfox

Fallout from IvX lead to Mutants United! After dealing with the Terrigenesis threat and war against the Inhumans mutants stand together again revitalized from brink of extinction. Mutants rally round their new home. Characters thought lost return and Beast is exiled to the Negative Zone! Find out more in 2017!

This book drops during the second month of IvX though so it could either be a new ongoing that eventually gets into that or a tie-in. I even see some people hoping MU stands for "mutant universe" and it's a world where the mutants can exist without the other groups lol. Remender's version of the ANAD book was rumored to be them leaving the planet rather than going to Limbo.

Hagi

This book drops during the second month of IvX though so it could either be a new ongoing that eventually gets into that or a tie-in. I even see some people hoping MU stands for "mutant universe" and it's a world where the mutants can exist without the other groups lol. Remender's version of the ANAD book was rumored to be them leaving the planet rather than going to Limbo.

Really? abandon hope all ye who enter here.

I just want something that rights the ship and puts them in a better position than they are right now both in-universe and with better creative teams.

While I think she's writing that due to previous tweets, You're probably reaching with this one lol.
Hey, not many books have a two word title these days. :p

Btw, someone pointed out the Champions #1 preview is pretty much that train scene from the Incredibles and now I can't stop laughting.

I just read Devilers 1-7 from a Groupees bundle.
It was kind of meh.

Hopefully the humble dynamite bundle will have stuff more up my alley.

I keep buying these bundles though ever since I read Locke & Key vols 1-3 from a cheaper tier of a bundle, loved it, and remembered I could have gotten the rest of them for not much more. Bought the rest on CMX so now I've got volumes in different places.

Btw, did someone say Omega Men was only $10 somewhere? Is that still around? Looks like $15 on amazon.

Top Bottom