• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Owzers

I just really hate kickers.

latest

right after i read Gwenpool last night too.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i don't follow cosmic DC very much. who wants to point me to a summary to read before I can appreciate The Omega Men?

also - 4 people shy of a real league who else wants in?

1) jon bones
2) Tragicomedy
3) TheFlow
4) KoruptData
5) Bii
6) RepairmanJack
7) Zombine
8) Brian Fellows

That's a nice looking WW. Jenny Frison always puts in work though. It was definitely her covers that originally drew me to Revival.

Absolutely, her stuff is striking and those revival covers were awesome. I ended up dropping off the book after the first three trades, but I loved all of her contributions.

That's an awesome looking book VW. I'm hoping you don't need any familiarity with dc's cosmic stuff to enjoy it haha

OOOOOH can't wait to see what Reed and Sue have been up to!!!!!!!

Hahah he wrote another one today saying it'll probably be wolverine back from the death now haha

VanWinkle

That's an aweosme looking book VW. I'm hoping you don't need any familiarity with dc's cosmic stuff to enjoy it haha

From what I've heard, you don't really need to have much DC cosmic knowledge. It's pretty standalone. I've read all of Johns GL stuff though so I'm pretty familiar with this stuff.

i don't follow cosmic DC very much. who wants to point me to a summary to read before I can appreciate The Omega Men?

also - 4 people shy of a real league who else wants in?

It's really not needed. I knew absolutely nothing and just picked it up because it started with DC YOU and I absolutely loved it as just an indicidual story. Kyle Rayner as a Lantern barely even matters to the story.

Everyone on this book is attached to the X-men and to a lesser extent the Inhumans so I doubt we'll see that lol.

The real interesting thing about this is the multiple artists attached to it.

Sorry, this is a follow up to yesterday.

Has AV Club stopped doing ComicGAF thread recaps??

:D

tim1138

He had that one drive/game saving diving catch early in the season last year and that bought him the rest of the season. I'm bummed for anyone to lose a chance at what they do but the guy was there way longer than he should have.

Next up Nugent.

Heh, I was at that game last year.
Honestly I had no problems with Tate as a WR, he was so far down the depth chart that any contribution was a pleasant surprise. But his return man 1-2 punch of trying to run back any punt inside the 5 whether he had blocking or not and running every kick off out of the back of the end zone is a whole different story...

Nugent should have been let go 3 years ago as well.

3 of us. Come on Tim.

Also going by Twitter. Not a good day to be a Vikes fan.

Hah, just seeing if you're paying attention

VanWinkle

Just read the little prologue or whatever it was in the Omega Men trade, and wooooo boy I am giddy already. This is some great writing and storytelling.

Just read the little prologue or whatever it was in the Omega Men trade, and wooooo boy I am giddy already. This is some great writing and storytelling.

I'm honestly contemplating getting it as an early Christmas gift for a lot of people I know that read comics here and there but would never hear of this any other way.

Can't say it enough, favorite thing I've read in a long while.

It's really nice!

Just going to throw it out there guys. Took myself over to MangaGAF. Threw out a little teasing about them taking our quiz. NOT ONE REPLY. MangaGAF running scared. Comicgaf wins in a dirty prison shiv fight.

I like some manga, though there's so much out there that I think the truly noteworthy titles are few and far between. Kaoru Mori books are my shit, tho.

What Manga do you like?

Yotsuba&!
Berserk
Emma
A Bride's Story
Pluto
Prison School
Monster Musume
My Hero Academia
Tokyo Ghoul
One Punch Man
Flowers of Evil

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It's really nice!

Just going to throw it out there guys. Took myself over to MangaGAF. Threw out a little teasing about them taking our quiz. NOT ONE REPLY. MangaGAF running scared. Comicgaf wins in a dirty prison shiv fight.

I own some Manga to my shame. I've never read it though because why would I?

I reaaally would like to get a bit more manga in me. Always really wanted to read Pluto, but just money, comics, games. No money for magic. Or manga.

I own some Manga to my shame. I've never read it though because why would I?

Don't worry man. I fucked MangaGAF up. That shit is done. Once we finish assimilating MangaGAF OT, we can
not
read all the manga we want.

Zombine

Banned
What Manga do you like?

Junji Ito horror books
Prison School
Berserk
My Hero Academia
I Am A Hero
One Punch Man
Platinum End
Wolfsmund
Vinland Saga
Vagabond
Akira
Gangsta
Monster

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, would you say I can watch the movie and then read the book (since there is no good release as it seems)? Or do I spoil me the experience?

If you are planning on reading the manga, do that first! The film cuts out quite a bit and has a different ending as the film was made before the series was complete.

Just you wait haha just remember to stay optimistic!

Ugh... gotcha. And yeah, I got pretty early on that optimism is a major theme.

Top Bottom