• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Anyone going to be watching the Olympic opening tonight/today? It's starting at 01:00 here so I'm just going to be reading comics until then.

Of course. The ceremony gets boring mighty fast, but I'm all in when stuff kicks off tomorrow.

Wow, that's three people in this thread who have quit the issue in the middle. Did you like the pre-rebirth run?

I don't know the earlier stuff week, but this book is shit. I stopped half way through and read a non terrible book so I could finish that shit. It's awful.

Wow, that's three people in this thread who have quit the issue in the middle. Did you like the pre-rebirth run?

It's gotta be
not-Deadpool.
Fucking terrible idea and executed awfully.

I only read a couple of issues of the previous run, didn't care for it but didn't find it offensively bad. This is offensively bad.

edit: this has not been a great week so far! I think I've read eight or nine books and only one I really loved. Kingpin was pretty good too, Batman and Green Arrow were okay enough to keep going, everything else has been super mediocre or straight-up garbage.

edit2: Oh right two books I really loved. Forgot Moon Knight.

It's gotta be
not-Deadpool.
Fucking terrible idea and executed awfully.

I only read a couple of issues of the previous run, didn't care for it but didn't find it offensively bad. This is offensively bad.

I mean, the way they write her dialogue is so forced and cringe worthy. I'm not even talking about the content. The fucking slang and dialect and euphemisms...trash.

This Harley Quinn is supposed to be educated? She speaks like most Trump supporters I know.

I read the whole thing! I probably won't be back for #2, though. It's the same book it has been for some time. It's not a bad comic, but this type of comic routine runs thin rather quickly. The book doesn't really try to branch out and do anything different or exciting.

I mean, the way they write her dialogue is so forced and cringe worthy. I'm not even talking about the content. The fucking slang and dialect and euphemisms...trash.

This Harley Quinn is supposed to be educated? She speaks like most Trump supporters I know.

If it had just been that, though, I could have gotten through it. I would say...maybe 50% of the time? I can hear the cartoon voice in my head while she's talking and it's fine. The horrible opening soured me on the whole thing really fast. Not to excuse it, you're right, she's written horribly.

I just flipped through it to the end and
not-Deadpool
never goes away, so...fuck this. I'm out.

edit: this is the same team as the last book? This is a bestselling combo? I wanted to disparage DC for pooping on their meal ticket but I guess I can't.

If it had just been that, though, I could have gotten through it. I would say...maybe 50% of the time? I can hear the cartoon voice in my head while she's talking and it's fine. The horrible opening soured me on the whole thing really fast. Not to excuse it, you're right, she's written horribly.

I just flipped through it to the end and
not-Deadpool
never goes away, so...fuck this. I'm out.

edit: this is the same team as the last book? This is a bestselling combo? I wanted to disparage DC for pooping on their meal ticket but I guess I can't.

That's the crazy part. THIS is the book that sells. People like this book and this version of Harley.

Comics suck.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I could never live in a big city. I feel claustrophobic whenever I'm there because there are concrete monstrosities towering overhead everywhere you look. Thanks a lot, Trump. I'm used to going outside and seeing nothing but open sky.

i love me some outdoors to ski in the winter or hike around in the autumn but... day to day i thrive off the claustrophobia

there's a real comfort living with 8 million other people on a tiny island. everyone is so busy doing their own thing so you just sort of fly under the radar all the time.

although it is going to be scary learning how to drive again 😐

Anyone going to be watching the Olympic opening tonight/today? It's starting at 01:00 here so I'm just going to be reading comics until then.

i'll be hung over watching all morning tmrw

All that WW hate in the OT.

YsFaEJz.png

ElNarez

Banned
(marked spoilers are extremely minor, except the last one which is sorta a spoiler I guess)

Two pages of
sitting in a spa with Ivy making small talk.
Next couple pages is a
retelling of her origin.
Next couple is
an introduction to her entire cast which is like fifty people I don't care about and won't remember, indeed I've already forgotten almost all of them.
Then a SUPER obvious, groan-inducing
Deadpool spoof
shows up completely out of nowhere and my god I just want him to go away and never come back, but he won't go away. Does he ever go away? He's the comics equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.

yeah but dude

there's super-tame sex jokes and panel on panel of sideboob action

it's cool+progressive+empowering+sex-positive+fun or whatever

ElNarez

Banned
the closest thing we have to the anti-life equation is that one page from the Harley Quinn comic con special where she implies she's gonna fuck a room full of Joker cosplayers

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I like nothing about modern Harley. Didnt liked the book, hate the costume, I just hope they still have a couple of classic storys to reprint and then I will watch BTAS... That accent. My good <3
Where is the accent from?

ElNarez

Banned
See when Adam Glass does it in #3 or #4 of the New 52 Suicide Squad it's bad, but when Conner and Palmiotti and Hardin do it

it's good

it's way good

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is harley super white or is that makeup?

Top Bottom