• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Yikes that was a bad interview. When the interviewee says things like "go on, keep talking, I wouldn't want to interrupt you" and just flat-out doesn't respond to some of your questions, things aren't going well. Still it's always lovely to hear from Priest and I'm excited he has creative control of Milestone. He doesn't sound too thrilled about it but I'm sure he'll do great.
The interviewer was apparently really excited to meet one of his biggest idols to the point that he forgot to ask him some of his questions and just talked.

smisk

Just wqtched bats vs supes for the first time, ultimate edition of course
Lord this movie was bad
First 90 mins were dull, only good things about it were the fights and Luthor
And i HATE Luthor

This is my biggest problem with it. I'm amazed at how boring they were able to make a movie about the two biggest superheroes.. and adding an extra 30 minutes doesn't help.

Neoxon

Sorry if I'm late with this, but I'm really liking Star-Lord's new design.....

CpHGN-5VMAAHO7u.jpg

.....especially considering where it pulled its inspiration from.

CpHHhl1UkAA97Op.jpg

Corpsepyre

Banned
I have NO idea what's happening in the new Moon Knight. Is this normal? Am I supposed to be as confused as the main character?

Vic_Viper

Sorry if I'm late with this, but I'm really liking Star-Lord's new design.....

CpHHhl1UkAA97Op.jpg

This is awesome, what is this for? The new book?

Also just got my Darth Vader HC and Swamp Thing Deluxe Edition from Scott Snyder. The art in Swamp Thing looks awesome. Do I need to read the New 52 Animal Man along side it or does it stand alone?

Zombine

Banned
Anka sells bootlegs at his table at NYCC. Sells things like Not-Captain America and Not-Spiderman on these like 8x5 cards for like $20.

Vic_Viper

There's a 75% off sale on Steam for all the Arkham games. Most are 4.99, I picked up Arkham Knight plus all the DLC for 25$. Hope all the bugs and crap have been ironed out finally since release.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to Marvel Now after being pretty down in it after they announced it. Mainly Champions and Doom Iron Man has my interests peaked. Really hope they can pull a Rebirth comeback since lately I haven't wanted to read anything coming out of Marvel accept for the Star Wars stuff.

Are they going to bring back the Guardians or are we just going to get a bunch of separate books for each member. Something with Nova coming back would be a must buy for me.

Are they ending the Darth Vader series with issue 25?

Reading GL by Johns. This little kitty cat origin made me tear up. I will say that it was probably 100% aided by the sad music I just happened to be listening to at the time, as well as my love of my cats. If you haven't read GL you'll probably just find it silly that there's a cat being inducted into the red lantern corps.

That story was amazing. Poor Dex-Starr.

my wife's been talking me down from the 4K ledge for years

1080p is starting to look like an eye sore :/

I started shopping around since I'm in the market for a new tv for the bedroom. No point in buying a regular HD at this point so I'm looking at 4k sets.

the key to saving money is living in NYC

you have no space, so you cant buy naked comic book lady statutes or life size snorlax plushes

Well that just sounds like some kind of hell.

People love Dex-Starr, but Glomulus is the best.

Glomulus is pretty good. But Dex-Starr is still king.

i'll move to the burbs when it's time to raise little Damien Waynes but until then i have to be in the city.

i mean i can't even fall asleep without periodic ambulance sirens anymore

I could never live in a big city. I feel claustrophobic whenever I'm there because there are concrete monstrosities towering overhead everywhere you look. Thanks a lot, Trump. I'm used to going outside and seeing nothing but open sky.

Vic_Viper

Yep. They should be announcing the series that'll replace it relatively soon.

Damn, just got the Vader HC. Hope they do a second one. The new Star Wars books that I've read so far have been great. Making me really want a new Star Wars ARPG to play. Wish 1414 hadn't been canned. Hopefully Jade Raymond's game gets announced soon. Maybe the GoW game will be good.

Damn, just got the Vader HC. Hope they do a second one. The new Star Wars books that I've read so far have been great. Making me really want a new Star Wars ARPG to play. Wish 1414 hadn't been canned. Hopefully Jade Raymond's game gets announced soon.

A second OHC's already been announced.

GY8961.jpg

They'll probably do an omnibus as well at some point. Only problem is they're splitting the Vader Down issues between the Star Wars and Darth Vader OHCs instead of including it as one story.

JTripper

Watching an episode of Batman 66.

"Only a criminal would disguise himself as a licensed bonded guard, yet callously park in front of a fire hydrant!"

So fucking good.

Owzers

Suicide Squad Rebirth #1's problem was that it started off with a very generic " you may not like us but you needs us" opening that was tired after the first page yet carried on for more giving the impression that pacing isn't an issue but when you tell people future issues are going to be 11-13 pages with back-up stories i think it will be. After it got rolling i did enjoy the issue and it had a couple of fun moments. I'm skeptical but still interested. Random 6/10

Woof, I might not even finish Harley Quinn. I feel like you should unlock an achievement or something for finishing this issue.

Maybe they're trying to make a point about masochism

Anyone going to be watching the Olympic opening tonight/today? It's starting at 01:00 here so I'm just going to be reading comics until then.

Is it really that bad? I didn't read any of the previous run either, but I love Palmiotti and Conner's Starfire series.

(marked spoilers are extremely minor, except the last one which is sorta a spoiler I guess)

Two pages of
sitting in a spa with Ivy making small talk.
Next couple pages is a
retelling of her origin.
Next couple is
an introduction to her entire cast which is like fifty people I don't care about and won't remember, indeed I've already forgotten almost all of them.
Then a SUPER obvious, groan-inducing
Deadpool spoof
shows up completely out of nowhere and my god I just want him to go away and never come back, but he won't go away. Does he ever go away? He's the comics equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.

(marked spoilers are extremely minor, except the last one which is sorta a spoiler I guess)

Two pages of
sitting in a spa with Ivy making small talk.
Next couple pages is a
retelling of her origin.
Next couple is
an introduction to her entire cast which is like fifty people I don't care about and won't remember, indeed I've already forgotten almost all of them.
Then a SUPER obvious, groan-inducing
Deadpool spoof
shows up completely out of nowhere and my god I just want him to go away and never come back, but he won't go away. Does he ever go away? He's the comics equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.

You've definitely sold me on this.

Woof, I might not even finish Harley Quinn. I feel like you should unlock an achievement or something for finishing this issue.

Maybe they're trying to make a point about masochism

Wow, that's three people in this thread who have quit the issue in the middle. Did you like the pre-rebirth run?

Top Bottom