• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

7GDg0pC.gif

j22BwmX.gif
We have been blessed.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
We've got competing Who is Squirrel Girl anyway? Articles from Vulture and The Hollywood Reporter

Which remind me that my favorite thing from all comics for the last five years or so is when SG is fighting Kraven and she literally tosses him up into the air over and over again so that she has more time to think.

It sucks that some people can't look past the art (which I adore), because that is damn good comics.

We've got competing Who is Squirrel Girl anyway? Articles from Vulture and The Hollywood Reporter

Which remind me that my favorite thing from all comics for the last five years or so is when SG is fighting Kraven and she literally tosses him up into the air over and over again so that she has more time to think.

It sucks that some people can't look past the art (which I adore), because that is damn good comics.

The best thing they've done with Squirrel girl was the issue of New Avengers where she auditioned to be the nanny of Jessica and Luke's baby.

This SG as a babysitter thing reminds me that Hellcat's central premise of a temp agency for powered people is brilliant. Shame it turned out like it did. It should just have been a procedural for the first few issues with guest appearances like in SG. Would have given it time to build up the supporting cast.

That video was awful. Skrillex trying to look hard.

Still more menacing than Leto.

Messi

There's no way he tried on those variants. I mean, they were pretty much ALL TERRIBLE. I've noticed that on stuff like ASB here and even something like Eternals, he can do a really nice looking job when he tries. ASB is the best stuff I've seen him do since he switched to that style he does nowadays.

Yeah those two sentences really ruined that preview. *rolls eyes* Bet you hated Flash Facts, too.

I didn't read the preview. I know Snyder can't help himself info dumping after doing it multiple times in his batman run. If you enjoy it more power to you. But this run will be no different. It's what makes Snyder Snyder.

Messi

Sure. The difference is one person is worse than the other in the public eye.

And Rucka used that perception against Cho.

It makes Rucka look like a bully imo and I like Rucka. Cho did nothing wrong on the project (this wasn't about the skirt as I'm sure Rucka claims it is) but Rucka clearly has a problem with him due to the outrage stuff. Cho shouldn't have said the stuff as he was leaving tho.

Saw your edit.

Cho did nothing wrong on the project (this wasn't about the skirt as I'm sure Rucka claims it is) but Rucka clearly has a problem with him due to the outrage stuff. Cho shouldn't have said the stuff as he was leaving tho.

Has Rucka made a statement about this that I am unaware of?

Messi

One person threw a public tantrum about what happened. Painted themselves as a victim.

The other maintained a professional silence.

Sure professional silence while trying to bury him behind the scenes. Both were wrong.

I don't believe Rucka has said anything but part of what Cho claimed was Rucka was complaining about the skirt so he made it a bit longer.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Cho could has to blame himself, he could have started to be professional and not draw those super idiotic Spider-Gwen covers. Its his fault, I wouldnt not let this guy near my female lead books to begin with.

Edit: There is a Squirrel Girl movie coming?!?

Messi

Cho could has to blame himself, he could have started to be professional and not draw those super idiotic Spider-Gwen covers. Its his fault, I wouldnt not let this guy near my female lead books to begin with.

Edit: There is a Squirrel Girl movie coming?!?

So every artist who makes stupid decisions should get punished on other work going forward? Lots of artists have a lot of punishment coming up then.

Cho didn't do anything to upset people on this project and Rucka took his grudge and tried to make things difficult.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So every artist who makes stupid decisions should get punished on other work going forward? Lots of artists have a lot of punishment coming up then.
He doent seemed to have gotten over that Anti-SJW-Bullshit.
Pretty sure Diana will join Gwen now on his variants.

He already did Wonder Woman on those covers. DC still hired him.

But DC were always going to bend for Rucka and he knew that.

From Rucka's perspective, he asked for creative control because he felt done over by DC during previous runs. He got creative control. And he fired an artist that he doesn't want representing the front page of his book. I see nothing wrong with that.

Messi

From Rucka's perspective, he asked for creative control because he felt done over by DC during previous runs. He got creative control. And he fired an artist that he doesn't want representing the front page of his book. I see nothing wrong with that.

I do

Top Bottom