• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I wish there was a comic shop closer to where I live or work. Sadly the closest ones are 30-35 miles away. Which is too far for a lazy ass like me.

Messi

I was talking with a comic store employee today and she was giving me recommendations based on the characters we were talking about and I kinda got confused and bought what she told me to buy. I have no idea of they are good other than she told me they were great. I had no WiFi or I would have checked on Google. How badly did I fuck up. I recognized some creator names on the x-23 book.

LRDpwce.jpg

I should never listen to employees :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was talking with a comic store employee today and she was giving me recommendations based on the characters we were talking about and I kinda got confused and bought what she told me to buy. I have no idea of they are good other than she told me they were great. I had no WiFi or I would have checked on Google. How badly did I fuck up. I recognized some creator names on the x-23 book.

She was hot, right? You never stood a chance.

Can't speak for the rest but Planet Hulk is amazing! (And possibly good preparation for Thor 3, if rumours are right).

frye

not terrible, but NYX was a mistake

Yes. :(

She had a Saga shoulder tattoo of #1s cover and Lying Cat.

this is such a Messi thing to do

I like all of those, depending on how much that Punisher thing covers. I really liked Born and the first arc of Punisher MAX, but then I got into two bad arcs in a row and dropped it. I still have the remaining issues, and I'm sure I'll like other arcs, but I haven't gone back yet.

NYX isn't great, but it's worth reading if you're committed to getting into X-23, and getting into X-23 is a great idea, because she's had some really consistently good solo stuff over the years, including the current Wolverine run.

Planet Hulk is a classic Hulk run. It's like Hulk John Carter or Hulk Spartacus. A classic story done well.

What if I love digital comics but trees killed my parents?
Your parents had it coming.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does Planet Hulk's interior art look like this?

KxwFF5J.jpg

If so, I might have to check it out.

[edit]

I bet she got Messi to buy a 12 month subscription to a magazine and a rewards card, too.

Does Planet Hulk's interior art look like this?

KxwFF5J.jpg

If so, I might have to check it out.
That's from a cover. Ladronn did the covers on that run.

You read Jodorowsky, right? Ladronn is the guy who replaced Moebius and did Final Incal.

The interiors on the run are fine, but not the highlight.

Punisher and Planet Hulk runs are great. A Tragicomedy 8 or Birdie 10+, you pick.

The others...

shingi70

Banned

Happened to a friend of mind, but the employee gave her his number.

Planet Hulk and Punisher is good stuff. The X23 stuff is cool if you like the character.

I talked to a girl working at a comic shop in Columbus once, and then months later I was talking to Warren Ellis on Mark Millar's message board, and Ellis knew that girl.

Vyer

I don't even like Hulk.

this is the part where we all freeze mid laugh and the end credits and theme music start rolling.

One of us, perhaps Zombine, would have his hand on Messi's shoulder and is giving him one of those oh you looks

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't think I've been to Illinois. How do you like it?

I don't mind it but I'm a super boring person with very few interests. I'd probably live the same dull uneventful life no matter where I lived.

But every person I've ever met whose moved here from a major city has been bored out of their minds living here.

I abandoned Freeza to watch WWE? I better read a comic during this to maximize bad decision time.

I just played until I hit level 60. I think Dad 76 might be my second / best character. I can pretty regularly take out a bunch of people at once. I was even giving some asshole Widow a hell of a time just now. I got both of his related trophies in the last day. I think I should by a better skin for him, now.

I don't mind it but I'm a super boring person with very few interests. I'd probably live the same dull uneventful life no matter where I lived.

But every person I've ever met whose moved here from a major city has been bored out of their minds living here.

I was in Paris IL for a couple of days for work. I don't know if I can deal with those IL county roads and the rather sparse population.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was in Paris IL for a couple of days for work. I don't know if I can deal with those IL county roads and the rather sparse population.

It's on the other side of the state but I've been to Paris a couple times because I had college friends who live just north of there.

I prefer the sparse population. I don't really like big cities. A place like Sprigfield (pop 115k) is plenty big enough for me.

Rachel Rising so good. I'm like halfway through it now. Jesus Christ this book is heavier than I was expecting. Not quite SiP heavy in certain ways.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I don't know what I'd think of that. My whole life I've been either 10 minutes from San Jose, 10 minutes from San Diego or someone in the LA metro area.

I feel like I don't like nature enough to not be in a city. You've got room for cool ass dogs, though. The only dogs in Santa Monica are the little yappy ones.

It's on the other side of the state but I've been to Paris a couple times because I had college friends who live just north of there.

I prefer the sparse population. I don't really like big cities. A place like Sprigfield (pop 115k) is plenty big enough for me.
I like living in Ohio, but the winters are brutal. It just gets to be such a fucking pain to have to spend so much time digging yourself out of snow, and then leaving early to get to work when roads are hazardous.

I can't see myself moving, though, because I like staying close to family and life-long friends.

I'm comfortable in big cities, though. Any time I've spent time in Manhattan, I've thought "I could live like this".

I like living in Ohio, but the winters are brutal. It just gets to be such a fucking pain to have to spend so much time digging yourself out of snow, and then leaving early to get to work when roads are hazardous.

I can't see myself moving, though, because I like staying close to family and life-long friends.

I'm comfortable in big cities, though. Any time I've spent time in Manhattan, I've thought "I could live like this".

So many midwest Comicgaffers!

115k is a good sized town to live in. I live in a similarly sized town (in Michigan) but it is very compact and only 15 - 30 mins from a major urban center. Was a bit of a shock going from a city with 12 million people to a smaller town.

Top Bottom