• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Messi

Sometimes I wonder if I am Sillymonkey. If one day I wake up and I am Sillymonkey. Will I still love Sejic. Will I still be fascinated by Catwoman????

mreddie

Oh my god Elsa Charretier on art????

eeeab2f491870dffca9a7f0170fe6f69.jpg

Okay, quick rundown of the first hour of NMS. First 5 minutes, I hated it. There's a lot of stuff to get used to and pretty much all of your gizmos need to be recharged. But elements that serve as fuel is quite common. In the beginning, you need to repair your crashed ship by gathering fuel and crafting parts. It basically took me the first (and only, so far) hour to do that. But it ended up being pretty fun. Also catalogued and uploaded some animal species for a healthy amount of space-skrilla. It's not the kind of game you pick up and expect to be flying around shooting down other ships in the first 20 minutes. There's a learning curve and the game definitely requires patience and a healthy love of exploration. But this is pretty much the sci-fi game you've always wanted.

How are the trades of WW rebirth gonna work? Is DC going to wait until both The Lies and Year One are completed before releasing both as separate trades, or are they just gonna release it in the usual manner?

Foofaraw

I want to read the story of Pre-Flashpoint Clark.

Do I read Action Comics or Superman?

Before Rebirth and NuSupes dying? I believe it starts in Convergence. I don't know what title he mostly worked in before the relaunch. He is currently in both, and Superman is the better book for my money.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Before Rebirth and NuSupes dying? I believe it starts in Convergence. I don't know what title he mostly worked in before the relaunch. He is currently in both, and Superman is the better book for my money.

Rebirth would be fine^^ Then I will take Superman. Liked the first Issue^^

Just now catching up on my Marvel reading:

Doctor Strange- Thought it was a little bit of an underwhelming end to the arc and a little underwhelmed by 'The thing in the cellar' but I left the issue really excited for what's next.

Invincible Iron Man- This issue was pretty awesome all around and the ending cliff hanger seemed to come out of nowhere. Loved it. If they ever need to recast Tony in the movies I think it should be Britt from Terriers because that's all I can picture from this runs art.

Moon Knight- I love a good trippy story, I'm going to go ahead and assume
the reality at the end is not real

I'm going to need to know what you think of the 23rd five minutes and the 81st five minutes.

I played 4.5 hours last night.

It's glorious.

I've never seen a game betrayed so hard visually by streams than this one. Everything looks so flat and dull on Twitch but once you're in the world and your headphones are on, there's literally never been an experience like this. Space > Planetside is completely seamless and engrossing.

It's just you and a desolate, weird as fuck universe.

shingi70

Banned
Justice League isn't bad, it's just astonishingly average. It reminds me of how all the ANAD Avengers books were just kinda there.

DC gotta announce JSA, Legion, or JLA pronto.

Justice League isn't bad, it's just astonishingly average. It reminds me of how all the ANAD Avengers books were just kinda there.

DC gotta announce JSA, Legion, or JLA pronto.

Jim Lee said at SDCC that JLA is delayed to 2017, along with the Robin/Superboy book. The remaining issues of the Hitch maxiseries were resolicited for soon-ish as well, #9 is down for August 31st.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like this current Deadpool run.

fuck all of y'all ok?

I played 4.5 hours last night.

It's glorious.

I've never seen a game betrayed so hard visually by streams than this one. Everything looks so flat and dull on Twitch but once you're in the world and your headphones are on, there's literally never been an experience like this. Space > Planetside is completely seamless and engrossing.

It's just you and a desolate, weird as fuck universe.
The emperor has no clothes.

Do older issues drop in price? Like, say the new Batman series that's on issue 6 or whatever, are issues 1-5 (assuming the store still has some) going to be cheaper to buy now?

Do older issues drop in price? Like, say the new Batman series that's on issue 6 or whatever, are issues 1-5 (assuming the store still has some) going to be cheaper to buy now?

Not really. Sometime they go up in price even.

If the series is a couple of years old and not very popular, then you might find something on sale. But at that point, it is usually cheaper to buy the tradepaperback or on a Comixology.

In physical stores? Maybe in some cases.

On Comixology Rebirth titles will stay at starting price longer than DC usually does things(price drop after 2 months compared to Marvel's 18+).

Btw, pre-ordered a digital copy of NMS at the last second. Game unlocks in around 8 hours here in Sweden.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Started re-reading Locke and Key yesterday and have already powered through almost half the series. Such a great book. I remember the first time I read it I somehow managed to time it so that I got to the end just before the final issue was released, that was something.

Any recommendations for great comics that have a "finished" story? I've read Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Sweet Tooth, Fables, Sandman, looking for something with an arc and a conclusion I can dig into as a binge-read.

Started re-reading Locke and Key yesterday and have already powered through almost half the series. Such a great book. I remember the first time I read it I somehow managed to time it so that I got to the end just before the final issue was released, that was something.

Any recommendations for great comics that have a "finished" story? I've read Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Sweet Tooth, Fables, Sandman, looking for something with an arc and a conclusion I can dig into as a binge-read.
Since you're already on Vertigo I'd recommend Doom Patrol and Animal Man

And I'm not finished with it but Shade, the Changing Man is very good too. It's not completely collected in trades unfortunately.

The main Hellboy book is finished as well. Amazing comic. Bit of an investment though.

Do you like Brubaker? Maybe try Fatale.

Or maybe Superior Foes of Spider-Man if you want something lighter that is also a self-contained, complete story.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I do like Brubaker - I'll check out Fatale. I've read (and loved) Superior Foes, and Animal Man. I haven't read Doom Patrol though, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I've read a bit of Hellboy and have a few of the first volumes but I might wait on getting the rest, as you say it's a big investment. It's probably too big of a backlog for me to consider right now, especially if I want to try and interweave all the side books.

Ivar, Timewalker
Preacher
Umbrella Academy
Planetary
Rachel Rising

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I do like Brubaker - I'll check out Fatale. I've read (and loved) Superior Foes, and Animal Man. I haven't read Doom Patrol though, but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I've read a bit of Hellboy and have a few of the first volumes but I might wait on getting the rest, as you say it's a big investment. It's probably too big of a backlog for me to consider right now, especially if I want to try and interweave all the side books.

Good luck with that. What a miserable book.

I figured you read something I listed lol. Definitely give Doom Patrol a try, it's super good. If you don't want to go the omnibus route they are releasing it in large trades to make things easier.

Lunchbox made some good recommendations too. I can vouch for Umbrella Academy and Rachel Rising being awesome.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

With Doom Patrol, be sure you know what you're getting into. It's very much a Grant Morrison stories. The villains are often abstract philosophical concepts made flesh and that's not for everyone.

I just finished it the other day. There's still a lot of good stuff there, but it's far from my favorite kind of story to read. I love Danny the Street, though.

Owzers

does anyone here play Uncharted 4 multiplayer? I can't decide if i'd rather let my gamefly $5 reward thing expire or use the keep it feature on Uncharted 4, i have heard the mult is a microtransaction-fest.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ivar, Timewalker
Preacher
Umbrella Academy
Planetary
Rachel Rising

I've read Preacher and Planetary, but not the others. Will look into those. Thanks!

I figured you read something I listed lol. Definitely give Doom Patrol a try, it's super good. If you don't want to go the omnibus route they are releasing it in large trades to make things easier.

Lunchbox made some good recommendations too. I can vouch for Umbrella Academy and Rachel Rising being awesome.

With Doom Patrol, be sure you know what you're getting into. It's very much a Grant Morrison stories. The villains are often abstract philosophical concepts made flesh and that's not for everyone.

Oh - I'm a big fan of what I've read of Morrison's so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue, I just hadn't been able to get it in a format I wanted to pull the trigger on. I might check out the trades though.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Not even once.

Same. Not what I buy the game for. I played a little of U2 and U3 multi, and it's fine but their speacilty is and may always be the single player experience.

If you guys aren't watching steven universe you are missing out

The Lapis/Peridot comedy duo was in fine form last night.

Did y'all see the Luke Cage trailer? I'm still all tingly thinking about it.

Messi

Did Locke and Keys final issue win book of the month on here? I can't remember

Top Bottom