• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Meeeeeehhhh

Thanks, that really adds to the conversation.

Like bombshells?

Both started as statues over 2 years ago and went from there..

Yes, where was it that I disputed that, exactly? That doesn't mean it's not going to end at some point. I was only talking about GCG. They've got a series and a statue line coming, so they obviously have plans for it.

Messi, you're the statue master: Did the Green Lantern of Earth-9 ever get any kind of statue or figure?

MebsK05.gif

Messi

Thanks, that really adds to the conversation.

Yes, where was it that I disputed that, exactly? That doesn't mean it's not going to end at some point. I was only talking about GCG. They've got a series and a statue line coming, so they obviously have plans for it.

MebsK05.gif

The statue line has existed for 2 years

I liked Mech Cadet Yu #1 a lot. It's definitely slow, but the characterization and overall groundwork are great. It has an awfully charming cast, and I can already sense the feels creeping up on me. I'm getting kind of an Iron Giant vibe from it. I'm excited to see where it goes.

This is probably one my daughter would like

Speaking of Wildstorm, from Ellis' letter:
Meanwhile, I'm pulling apart the script for THE WILD STORM 9 because I hate it and it needs something else, and staring at my notes on PROJECT OMAHA, a comics project I began last year, and trying to get my head back into it -- it's a very specific sort of mode, and I may just need to rewatch FURY ROAD on loop to get my head back there.

A thing I began in WILD STORM 7 - out September, we're taking a skip month - is that each issue now seems to have a little mini-movie in it, a big central scene. 7 has one, 8 developed one out of nowhere, and I feel like rolling with it.

The great joy of comics is that they work just fine without conventional structures. In fact, sometimes, they demand it. Regular, comfortable three-act or five-act structures sit really weirdly inside certain kinds of comic. I ended up building a really odd rolling five-act structural template for MICHAEL CRAY, which will start killing poor Bryan Hill inside six months, but it serves the notion that stories demand closure but ongoing monthly titles demand a continuous waveform.

I didn't think Voodoo in the New 52 was a bad comic.

But I was confuse with the ending that focused on Voodoo's clone becoming a major villain.

X-Men Gold #9, dropped. Terrible. This book has often been bad, but I draw the line at boring. Once again an exciting last page - I love
Omega Red
- but Gold never delivers on these teases, so I'm not going to bother. Hopefully that character turns up in a better book soon.

There are so many times that artists forget characters like Talia Al Ghul and Connor Hawke are suppose to have dark or brown skin.

Talia Al Ghul is a weird one for me. I never knew she was supposed to have dark skin for the longest time. A majority of artist that draw her copy what she looks like from her first appearance in Batman.

Wanderer5

There are so many times that artists forget characters like Talia Al Ghul and Connor Hawke are suppose to have dark or brown skin.

Talia Al Ghul is suppose to have a darker skin? Doesn't seem to be the case for a while now, least for TV and movie stuff. Different story when it comes to comics?

Top Bottom