• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Nope, pretty much the same as she was before N52. Showed up in all the Conner books.

She also had her own standalone mini also done by Conner.

979879.jpg

It's out of print af, though.

Fair enough. Has Conner done many interiors lately?
I miss her art.

She hurt her hand or something to that effect, and it keeps her from drawing interiors on a regular schedule unfortunately. She did an issue of the Kamandi Challenge and she occasionally will do a few pages in Harley Quinn. Outside of that, she just does covers nowadays. I don't think she'll ever return to doing interiors on a monthly comic.

Interesting part:

Hickman’s reasoning seems to imply that Marvel did indeed drop the FF because of the Fox films – not necessarily for financial reasons, but because the most recent reboot was both critically and financially unsuccessful, and failed to reflect well on Marvel's comic books. Marvel still publishes an entire line of X-Men comic books, for example, despite Fox also controlling that franchise's film rights.

Barber spelled it out more directly, saying “Not to be blunt, but three f---ing terrible movies don’t help anything.”

The issue is less that Fox has the rights and more that Fox keeps fucking up the brand.

And because they are outdated shitty characters who were always on the brink of cancellation long before the fallout with Fox.

They're definitely a brand that requires a run with a point, rather than just publishing them to publish them.

Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, and Silver Surfer occupy the same space.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think I'd first believe that Hickman said and not that Marvel won't make any since they don't have the rights, because lets be honest, comics are so niche that not having a FF4 comic isn't gonna damper the brand and make Fox more likely to sell the rights back. The flms affect the comics way more than the other way around.

dan2026

She hurt her hand or something to that effect, and it keeps her from drawing interiors on a regular schedule unfortunately. She did an issue of the Kamandi Challenge and she occasionally will do a few pages in Harley Quinn. Outside of that, she just does covers nowadays. I don't think she'll ever return to doing interiors on a monthly comic.
No, she just does covers. Apparently it's injury related to something a few years ago which is pretty sad :/

Damn that's a huge bummer.
She is of the best artists at DC.

I think I'd first believe that Hickman said and not that Marvel won't make any since they don't have the rights, because lets be honest, comics are so niche that not having a FF4 comic isn't gonna damper the brand and make Fox more likely to sell the rights back. The flms affect the comics way more than the other way around.
Marvel's petty bullshit of cancelling merch, games and comics just because they sold the film rights to an IP years ago winds me up no end.
Although when they have a literal supervillain as chairman, I am not surprised at some of their decisions.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read Green Arrow #21 (The Rise of Star City arc part one) Great opening to the story.

But the art, my God....It's mind blowing. Most beautiful book out there from the big two, alongside Aquaman now imo

VanWinkle

Just read Green Arrow #21 (The Rise of Star City arc part one) Great opening to the story.

But the art, my God....It's mind blowing. Most beautiful book out there from the big two, alongside Aquaman now imo

Was that Schmidt? GA definitely has the best rotation of artists.

Well that sucks. We will be getting 14-27 when the book is moving past #50? :/

I'm of two minds about this. On one hand, I too think it's frustrating how long it will take between volumes.

But in the other, larger side, they are being way more proactive about getting their comics line on OHC than Marvel. Marvel definitely didn't have ~10 of their series getting a OHC within a six months span. And the vol 2s are seemingly getting released in the same order that the vol 1s are, so there is consistency there. And then, finally, they are currently releasing 1-3 Rebirth OHCs a month, and they are simply needing to pace themselves.

So overall, I think they're going about it the right way. And honestly, Marvel OHCs usually have at least that long of a gap between volumes (I know there's a difference, since most of the DC ones are twice monthy and thus outpace the OHCs to an increasing degree, but then there's the other reasons I stated above).

I own the floppies, the variants, the tps, the HCs and I have the omni on order and the OHC for the Rebirth series.

I'm going to likely get the omni. I enjoyed the first hardover volume a decent amount.

Ross61

Juan Ferreyra is the best artist on that book.

dan2026

I snagged a copy before it got scarce and impossible to find.

It doesn't seem absurdly scarce.
There are a few people selling copies on Amazon UK.

I always find it weird when stuff isn't available digitally.
Just make everything available! Its digital, it don't matter.

mreddie

Read back though Avengers Academy, man, that book was actually good and to remember what comes next...SIGH.

Fuck Veil though.

2793701-striker_avengers_academy_27_says_it_loud_and_proud.jpg

Continuing on my Marvel Young Heroes pre Ms. Marvel lookback. Next: The Initiative.

Sandfox

I like how Avengers Arena
only killed of characters created for the book and ones fans didn't like outside of Mettle who died to show that nobody was safe.

I had fun discussing that book online when it was coming out.

mreddie

I remember how much I hated Hopeless until I found out he wasn't really responsible for Arena.
I legit stopped buying it and read it through websites when Nico died only to come back a issue later.
They did fuck over a lot of characters, I'm saving it for last for my lookback with Undercover.

kswiston

I was in a used furniture store today and found the complete edition of Jeff Lemire's Essex County in almost perfect condition for 25 cents.

One of my better random finds in recent years!

mreddie

Initiative

Taskmaster is the MVP of the book.

Granted the first half isn't happy go lucky either but Dark Reign is when shit really goes down. Poor Cloud 9.

There's a lot of death in this for a Slott book but it doesn't come off as mean spirited, seems like Slott saved his seriousness for this and not Mighty Avengers or She-Hulk.

I think the book is kinda decent, it brings us a lot of new heroes as well as establishes others but then shit hits the fan in the 2nd half as they are groomed to be Osborn's army.

Love, blackmail, betrayal, heel turns, It's a superhero Dallas.

Might have to get some suggestions from you peeps about which solo I should do next involving the Young Marvel Hero Push of 2003-2013

List!

Mister Miracle #1
New Superman #14
TMNT Universe #13
Kill or Be Killed #11
Defenders #4
Ms. Marvel #21
Punisher MAX Complete Collection Vol.6

Top Bottom