• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Just Mister Miracle for me this week. Been getting back into Kirby's Fourth World and the Mister Miracle stuff is my favorite parts so far, so I'm pretty excited for it. Kirby's art is sooo good. About halfway through the second trade right now.

I might get The Customer Is Always Wrong GN this week if it's at the store. Looks pretty interesting.

Are there any particularly good Punisher runs I should be looking at? I'm buying the last of the Punisher MAX collections this week, I've got the Rucka run, and I'm looking at the Ennis omnibus reprint in September. Is the Remender run worth tracking down?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How long is Kill or Be Killed gonna go for? Been waiting for it to end to get all the LPs togethers but it just keeps going on and on.

Wanderer5

Don't really listen to music while reading usually, but I know what to listen to when reading Dark Nights Metal.

Metal!

Vic_Viper

Are there any particularly good Punisher runs I should be looking at? I'm buying the last of the Punisher MAX collections this week, I've got the Rucka run, and I'm looking at the Ennis omnibus reprint in September. Is the Remender run worth tracking down?

The Remender run is not your average Punisher book lol. While I really enjoyed it, its not what you would think. It starts out pretty much like what you would expect but then in the middle of the run Frank becomes Frankencastle lol. Really cool idea and story, but not for everyone.

61YByElpKTL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Remender run is not your average Punisher book lol. While I really enjoyed it, its not what you would think. It starts out pretty much like what you would expect but then in the middle of the run Frank becomes Frankencastle lol. Really cool idea and story, but not for everyone.

Well, yeah. I knew the Frankencastle arc was part of it, I was just trying to gauge if the run as a whole was worth a read.

I just want to point out that I do love the fact that Syaf attemped to mimic Batwoman's book when she shows up in Batgirl.

Code:
[img]https://wtfdccomics.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/batgirl-batwoman-new-52.jpg[/img]

There's been nothing like this in this book until this. I love that.

Zackat

This thing where I am reading a run of a comic on MU only for it to be abruptly shoehorned in to an event is starting to drive me crazy. Whys it gotta be like this. Have comics always been like this? I am still relatively new to reading them.

Aizo

Banned
What should I sing at karaoke? Running out of ideas. One more hour.

I sang I'll Make a Man Out of You and random Japanese songs haha.

This thing where I am reading a run of a comic on MU only for it to be abruptly shoehorned in to an event is starting to drive me crazy. Whys it gotta be like this. Have comics always been like this? I am still relatively new to reading them.

That's Marvel for you. They're more event-focused than other publishers.

What should I sing at karaoke? Running out of ideas. One more hour.

I sang I'll Make a Man Out of You and random Japanese songs haha.

Too late now most likely, but it's useful to have one Tom Jones song *locked in* and ready to go in your back pocket for random karaoke. The hammier and cheesier you make the performance the better I think Delilah is *perfect* (it's so over-the-top, and it's only 3:30), but It's Not Unusual can work as well. The secret to karaoke is that getting into it and acting cheesy stands out *less* than the person who's totally scared and mumbles their way through stuff. Lean into it. Or, when in doubt, Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" can't miss.

The Greatest Karaoke Move Ever(tm) is done by my friend who lives in LA; he's the British-est Englishman to ever British a British. But he actually found two common korean ballad that all of the karaoke bars *always* have, and learned them perfectly (because apparently in LA basically all karaoke bars are Korean). So the first time he goes out for karaoke with a group of people, he acts all shy and demure until they eventually force him to go up and do a song, and he always busts out that song. Jaws, commence hitting floor. Then if he goes out with them again, he's got the second song ready to go.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Manifest Destiny Week List!

Kill or Be Killed #11
Manifest Destiny #30
Violent Love #7
The Wicked + The Divine #30
Youngblood #4

Aizo

Banned
I don't know everything I'm buying until Wednesday night at 10pm when my friend and I talk on the phone about this week's releases.
Too late now most likely, but it's useful to have one Tom Jones song *locked in* and ready to go in your back pocket for random karaoke. The hammier and cheesier you make the performance the better I think Delilah is *perfect* (it's so over-the-top, and it's only 3:30), but It's Not Unusual can work as well. The secret to karaoke is that getting into it and acting cheesy stands out *less* than the person who's totally scared and mumbles their way through stuff. Lean into it. Or, when in doubt, Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" can't miss.

The Greatest Karaoke Move Ever(tm) is done by my friend who lives in LA; he's the British-est Englishman to ever British a British. But he actually found two common korean ballad that all of the karaoke bars *always* have, and learned them perfectly (because apparently in LA basically all karaoke bars are Korean). So the first time he goes out for karaoke with a group of people, he acts all shy and demure until they eventually force him to go up and do a song, and he always busts out that song. Jaws, commence hitting floor. Then if he goes out with them again, he's got the second song ready to go.
Your friend is funny. These karaoke machines I go to obviously mostly have Japanese music, so that's typically what I sing, but it's always fun to sing a super odd song nobody is expecting.

This was the first time going with this group of people, and they were amazed when I did Death Metal because they didn't know I used to be the singer for a Death Metal band haha. They didn't know that voice could come out of me.

Unit24

Oh dear god, I have been recently introduced to a massive comic book store just 15 minutes away from where I live, and just knowing of its existence is putting me in financial danger. So far, I've picked up the Metal Gear Solid hardcover omnibus and all of the issues of Animosity that aren't in the first trade. Stuff I'm planning on going back for includes:

Black Science volumes 3-6
Spider-Man 2099, both new and classic
Y, The Last Man
Godzilla: Half Century War
Single issues of a bunch of other series that I might care about

On that note, is the more recent run of Spider-Man 2099 worth reading? I've read the first volume and I thought it was pretty good, but is it worth continuing?

Messi

Pffffft. Marvel tried that with Carol, too. I don't know where these companies got the idea that you can force fans to like the thing you want to push.

Because the push to have Carol in everything right now isn't about the fans. It's about building up a shit load of stories to sell around the movie when ste hits big.

Because the push to have Carol in everything right now isn't about the fans. It's about building up a shit load of stories to sell around the movie when ste hits big.

I understand that. But they put the cart before the horse when they decided to go all-in on a Captain Marvel movie before the fans loved her. They were all like "oh, we can make the world love her later." Turns out it's not so easy.

Messi

I understand that. But they put the cart before the horse when they decided to go all-in on a Captain Marvel movie before the fans loved her. They were all like "oh, we can make the world love her later." Turns out it's not so easy.

Sure it is. Just wait for the movie. You will see.

Top Bottom