• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

shingi70

Banned
Remember how the Wildstorm books were clearly building to major event alongside Superman and then it got swept.under the table when they were all cancelled.

mreddie

Honestly, 2005 Young Avengers was kinda okay post the first arc. Children's Crusade is NOT next.

And I don't miss Patriot.

Kate suggested the Mockinghawk name was eyerolling.

Wanderer5

Oh my god, there is actually another Squirrel Girl figure.:O Part of the Skottie Young figure line from Gentle Giant. Not really a fan of it honestly, but it is nice to see something beyond the Pop and Bishoujo figure lol.

SDCC-2017-Marvel-Animated-Squirrel-Girl-Statue-e1500655646629.jpg

(Her tail and torso are flocked).

Oh my god, there is actually another Squirrel Girl figure.:O Part of the Skottie Young figure line from Gentle Giant. Not really a fan of it honestly, but it is nice to see something beyond the Pop and Bishoujo figure lol.

(Her tail and torso are flocked).

The Skottie Young line is pretty small for the price. And flocked anything is just a magnet for dust if you're going to leave it out.

Wanderer5

The Skottie Young line is pretty small for the price. And flocked anything is just a magnet for dust if you're going to leave it out.

Yeah I looked into that line before, and they do look small for the prices that they have.

Some of them look a bit nice, but not sure if the transition from drawing to statue worked that well for Squirrel Girl here. And yeah, flocked is just eh.

Yeah I looked into that line before, and they do look small for the prices that they have.

Some of them look a bit nice, but not sure if the transition from drawing to statue worked that well for Squirrel Girl here. And yeah, flocked is just eh.

Gentle Giant on the whole is a bit on the pricey side, so I generally stay away from them. The exception is their upcoming Punisher statue, which looks too rad not to buy.

VanWinkle

Started Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred. First issue was very promising.

It's crazy that I used to not be into Allred's art. I really came around to it as I was reading the X-Statix omnibus and now I'm a big fan.

Sandfox

X-Plain the X-Men finally returns today.

Samnee is auctioning off a Cap sketch for The Trevor Project and it's already in the $500s after two hours lol. That thing is going to get pretty high.

caliph95

Alan Sepinwall, Uproxx / Hitfix

The version of the Inhumans pilot we've seen does such a poor job of explaining Karnak's powers that when I straw polled a bunch of critics+ about what they thought they were, nobody got it right. I said this to Jeph Loeb, who said he wished he had been there when I did the poll+ because he could have explained it. Which isn't ideal, even if he insists we've seen an unfinished product, and final version explains more.

It's remarkable how awkward that "Inhumans" panel was even though none of us mentioned that Scott Buck ran "Iron Fist" season 1. #TCA17
Just how
How do you fucking up Karnak's power, it's basically shit that's been done in Sherlock

mreddie

The ironic thing is the Inhuman push for 3 years is about to go down in flames.

Iron Fist comic got hurt in sales thanks to the show.

Messi

Yup. I'm sad to say I'm not a big Quitely fan. I think he's a good artist. I'm just not into his style.

I do occasionally really like his stuff, though. A few of the pages in Pax Americana were BRILLIANT.

I see you fixed his name. hmmm.

I don't mind him. Hes fine imo. We3 was good.

Sandfox

This past week hasn't been a good look for the comic fandom. The Milkshake stuff was bad enough and a lot of people got stirred by it on both sides.

The ironic thing is the Inhuman push for 3 years is about to go down in flames.

Iron Fist comic got hurt in sales thanks to the show.

Iron Fist is in a pretty fun place right now.

Messi

Speaking of Inhumans. The mini starting this week, Inhumans : Once and Future Kinks is By Christoper Priest and Phil Noto with Lockjaw backups by Ryan North and Gustavo Duarte. I know those are creators many of you like. I am giving it a try. Hopefully Medusa is in it a fair bit. Its about their early years.

VanWinkle

Read the first arc of Silver Surfer by Slott/Allred

THAT WAS SO GOOD! What a joyful little story. Loved the characters, there was a lot of personality and heart to it. Slott, my friend, you knocked it out of the park. And was there really any doubt that Allred would do a perfect job?

Bluebird wasn't universally recieved well.... at all. Even Snyder plainly admitted that.
I read the first volume of Batman Eternal and didn't care for her.
I kinda doubt it. The evil Batmen are probably just bit-villains DC will fumble like they did the Victim Syndicate. But I'd love a statue set of the evil Batmen.
The Victim Syndicate, I'm pretty sure, is going to get brought back. At least The First Victim will. Did she get her backstory revealed? I forget.
Yeah I like Blue a lot. I even kinda like this weird tie-in
Except for
Emma about to rape Scott
Stewart was McDuffie's idea though. Also Aquaman being a founding member is still reflected within the show. Before the League expands their ranks (leading to Unlimited), Aquaman is the only other hero with an official League number designation (8).
X-Plain the X-Men finally returns today.

Samnee is auctioning off a Cap sketch for The Trevor Project and it's already in the $500s after two hours lol. That thing is going to get pretty high.
Yeah it does. I'm gonna wait for it to build back up.
Oh cock.

I'd read a book about Medusa pegging Black Bolt any day. She does it verbally in almost every Inhumans book.
Only in the more recent shit post-Inhumanity.

Speaking of Inhumans. The mini starting this week, Inhumans : Once and Future Kinks is By Christoper Priest and Phil Noto with Lockjaw backups by Ryan North and Gustavo Duarte. I know those are creators many of you like. I am giving it a try. Hopefully Medusa is in it a fair bit. Its about their early years.
I'm really looking forward to it.
Alan Sepinwall, Uproxx / Hitfix

Just how
How do you fucking up Karnak's power, it's basically shit that's been done in Sherlock
Man.

Top Bottom