• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

tim1138

Who do you want drawing it?

Chris Burnham did a bad ass Barda commission for a friend of mine a few months ago, so that's who I'd prefer. But honestly as long as it was someone who kept the spirit of Kirby's designs and didn't sex them up, that'd be fine with me. I love Bernadeth creeping in that splash you posted, it always cracks me up. She totally coasts on being Desaad's sister.

NTyWtKo.jpg

Messi

Chris Burnham did a bad ass Barda commission for a friend of mine a few months ago, so that's who I'd prefer. But honestly as long as it was someone who kept the spirit of Kirby's designs and didn't sex them up, that'd be fine with me. I love Bernadeth creeping in that splash you posted, it always cracks me up. She totally coasts on being Desaad's sister.

Kids today. All they want are sex comics.

Messi

Ooh. New Kirby omnibus...

Hey Kipp remember that time you went to a con and only bought peanuts and took a photo of Mignolas table only to show Amanda Conner alone at her table. You monster.. You could have gotten me a sketch from my grail.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hey Kipp remember that time you went to a con and only bought peanuts and took a photo of Mignolas table only to show Amanda Conner alone at her table. You monster.. You could have gotten me a sketch from my grail.

Oh hey yeah, I do remember that time! That was awesome.

Time to practice the old omnibus reading position.

Aaaaaaabsolutely.

Unstoppable Wasp #8: Sad to see this ending, but I liked seeing all of these characters
get a happy ending (for now)
. Though the issue goes over the top with
the wish fulfillment

Now Marvel should do a Pym family book...Wasps, Ant-Man, Giant-Man. Pymtron as antagonist. Call it Pym Particles

Or call it
Fantastic Four

Kipp

Unstoppable Wasp #8: Sad to see this ending, but I liked seeing all of these characters
the wish fulfillment

Now Marvel should do a Pym family book...Wasps, Ant-Man, Giant-Man. Pymtron as antagonist. Call it Pym Particles

Or call it
Fantastic Four

I love that you still have my avatar. Some of my best work...

Kipp

So Kipp, how is that Monsterarts collection?

It's been pretty stagnant recently. Over the past year I've only added 3 more to it. GMK, Burning Godzilla, and 1954 Godzilla.
There are a ton of new releases coming up that are pretty badass though... Like that new winged Mechagodzilla. O_O

It's been pretty stagnant recently. Over the past year I've only added 3 more to it. GMK, Burning Godzilla, and 1954 Godzilla.
There are a ton of new releases coming up that are pretty badass though... Like that new winged Mechagodzilla. O_O

Glad to hear you're still in it. After collecting for a while you tend to be able to pass on things instead of buying every release in the series.

I just ordered Shin Godzilla from Amazon the other day. I finally get to see it!

Kipp

Glad to hear you're still in it. After collecting for a while you tend to be able to pass on things instead of buying every release in the series.

I just ordered Shin Godzilla from Amazon the other day. I finally get to see it!

So jealous of you. I just couldn't handle the price point of that one with its exclusive release.

I'll never forgive you Kipp

That's okay. I forgive you.

That is true

It's just timeless.

Malyse

the wish fulfillment

Or call it
Fantastic Four
I'm giving myself half credit for Ying
getting a girlfriend in the end. I thought it was going to be Nadia, but I'm okay with her as ace too.

Incidentally, Pirate Princess
also has an Asian lesbian character. Though to be fair, Everyone in that book is gay. EVERYONE.

----

I'm halfway through Season 10 of Buffy. I would really like big hardcovers that had the entire season collected. Buffy and Angel all in one book plus all the tie ins. I still like it for what it is (very nice character drama) though there are two plot contrivances I could do without:

Nostalgia trips are cool, but damn if every single living character doesn't show up. And some dead characters too.

Is Spike going to be the deus ex machina for both series every season? Really guys?

Also, not loving getting attached to doomed characters. I know they are doomed but I fall in love every time.

One thing that I find fascinating is that any new artist has to send sketches of the main characters to Fox to be approved by the actors for their likenesses.

I also want a Buffy game set in the Slayer War or with Kennedy's black ops so I can CAC.

Reading this week's MU stuff and two things:

1. First non-Gurihiru issue of Gwenpool. :( I'd seen people complaining about the fill in artist, but damn. This sucks.

2. All New X-Men #18... a subtle retcon of a retcon? Young Scott gets a quick glimpse of Magneto's memories. One of them is him re-9/11ing NYC from 2003 at the end of Morrison. Which had gotten retconned out as that clumsy "two Xorns" bullshit. But hey, if Mags remembers it...

Man, that big DC Kirby sale over on CMX is tempting. But i've got the new mega-omnibus on pre-order... hmmmm. Funny the sale doesn't have Jimmy Olsen.

How were the non-Kirby Mister Miracle series? Excluding Seven Soldiers of course.

And how's OMAC? Probably worth a buy if I like Fourth World I'm guessing?

I got Monstress Vol. 1 at Half Price for like $5. I was never interested in the book but at that price and the art it was an impulse buy. It's in really good condition to for a used copy. Almost like new.

Aizo

Banned
I got Monstress Vol. 1 at Half Price for like $5. I was never interested in the book but at that price and the art it was an impulse buy. It's in really good condition to for a used copy. Almost like new.
In Japan, used copies of many things are practically new. It's wonderful.

frye

How were the non-Kirby Mister Miracle series? Excluding Seven Soldiers of course.

OMAC ends on a cliffhanger but very worth reading. It's basically Future Captain America and it's really short too.

Ahhh so that's why they called him Baretta......

It's good, right, which is why I'm watching it again, but goddamn does it make me just so uncomfortable.

Also Roman is completely irredeemable. Even with his weird words of encouragement later on towards Kyle, he's absolutely the worst.

Wanderer5

Think I am going to dive into probably up to 10 issues of the original Mister Miracle run, cause I been intrigued of him and Big Barda recently especially.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Really digging this Black magick variant by Michael Lark......

It's good, right, which is why I'm watching it again, but goddamn does it make me just so uncomfortable.

Also Roman is completely irredeemable. Even with his weird words of encouragement later on towards Kyle, he's absolutely the worst.

I love it. I watch the Taylor Stiltskin Sweet 16 episode all the time.

Aizo

Banned
Spider-Man finally comes out in theaters here Friday. Wonder Woman is like next week. Finally. Jaysus.

Aizo

Banned
Damn, that's late. Much marketing?
Spider-Man is popular here, so yes. Big billboards and such in Shinjuku and places with large theaters. Actually, the advertising in Shibuya is cool. There's a big screen on a building that is kinda AR with Spider-Man flying around with live video of the crossing.

Also, since Sony owns it, the wait isn't as long as typical films from abroad. Movies often literally come out in Japan after every other country.

tim1138

Man, that big DC Kirby sale over on CMX is tempting. But i've got the new mega-omnibus on pre-order... hmmmm. Funny the sale doesn't have Jimmy Olsen.

Jimmy Olsen isn't on CMX

OMAC is great, definitely worth picking up.
The other Mr Miracle stuff is good but not great, the JM DeMatteis run is thebest of it.

Great series. It's how I was first introduced to Faction.

Also Tim gets a nice Kirby DC sale!

That feeling when you already own everything worth picking up in the sale.

Just a heads up for all interested parties, the 1984 New Gods series are double sized reprints of the original series, with the final issue also including a prologue to the Hunger Dogs graphic novel.

shingi70

Banned

THE SIGNAL, Batman’s trainee and Gotham’s daytime protector, is back with his own three issue miniseries!

Only one teenage hero is prepared for the challenge of safeguarding Gotham in broad daylight—THE SIGNAL. Duke Thomas juggles a new high school and teenage romance as he adjusts to his role as Gotham’s daytime protector and battles new villains. Could a daytime Gotham be even more corrupt than its nighttime counterpart?

I really like the finished Costume for Duke.

Top Bottom