• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Digital comics is really not my thing, but this bundle has some really good stuff like my personal fave Megg & Mogg in Amsterdam and I have been thinking about getting some Jason books so Werewolves of Montpellier can serve as a good start

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-of-fantagraphics-comics

Just finishing One More Year myself, then maybe going to re-read Ulli Lust's Today Is the Last Day of the Rest of Your Life or maybe my all time favorite Black Hole.

Loki: JIM Omni and Marvel Monsterbus 2 Omni showed up today from IST.

Monsterbus 2 is pretty much the same quality as Monsterbus 1, which is a good thing. Nice binding, decent (but thin) paper, nice colors. And the imagery below the dust jacket is a riot, just like the first one. The same sort of stuff in the back; alternate covers, some original art pages, etc.

JIM Omni is... hmm. That is some shiny, *shiny* paper, and the binding is pretty tight but feels like it'll loosen up over time. It's got some variant covers, and a decent prose section in the back (a few interviews, a few letter columns), some sketch work, etc.

Owzers

I can't imagine how much I would have spent on loot boxes this year IF I STILL PLAYED OVERWATCH HA HA HA HA

19k coins, I'm ready for this...but I'll probably try to only buy a couple then see what I get from playing.

Hearthstone expansion Thursday too, using up,all my gold instead of buying packs like usual, unless I don't get good cards then I might cave a bit. I save up 4000ish gold between expansions and never buy packs before them.

tim1138

Jesus Christ Messi. How much is that in Harley statues?

Man, I need to get back to that game. Does she feel like a good character to main? Is she easy to use?

I can't say if she'd be a good main for you because I dunno your play style. She's super easy to use though and is a solid zoner. I'm still working out combos for her but she has good specials and a great trait.

I bought a bunch of Summer Games boxes, mainly because I was broke last year when they came around so I missed all the skins I wanted last time. Got all the ones from last year and a few others, including the Widow skin everyone seems to love. Kinda sad I didn't get BumbleReaper though.

Not buying any Frozen Throne packs, kinda done with Hearthstone and have been for awhile. I like the Death Knight cards but I guess I wish they were more like Planeswalkers. Cool that Arthas finally got made into a card as well. But I realised awhile back I get 95% of my HS enjoyment from watching it and I don't need that 5% enough to blow a ton of money on it.

I can't say if she'd be a good main for you because I dunno your play style. She's super easy to use though and is a solid zoner. I'm still working out combos for her but she has good specials and a great trait.

Are they going to do another season of DLC after this one? I know NRS tends to get a lot of mileage out of adding more characters.

Thanks for all the recommendations the other day. Finished the Vision, and man, what a ride. I’ve ordered Omega Men and got a subscription for Mister Miracle. In the meantime I’m going through the unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and I’ve yet to finish The Killing Joke. Super excited to finally get into comics. I’ll be following these threads a lot.

Are they going to do another season of DLC after this one? I know NRS tends to get a lot of mileage out of adding more characters.

Most likely. The first 3 characters/first pack has sold really well so the next 2 will probably do so as well and there probably won't be a MK11 next year~

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a bunch of Summer Games boxes, mainly because I was broke last year when they came around so I missed all the skins I wanted last time. Got all the ones from last year and a few others, including the Widow skin everyone seems to love. Kinda sad I didn't get BumbleReaper though.

Not buying any Frozen Throne packs, kinda done with Hearthstone and have been for awhile. I like the Death Knight cards but I guess I wish they were more like Planeswalkers. Cool that Arthas finally got made into a card as well. But I realised awhile back I get 95% of my HS enjoyment from watching it and I don't need that 5% enough to blow a ton of money on it.

I got into Hearthstone for a couple months, and blew a ton of money on it. Now I just play for a couple hours to get back up to level 20 at the start of each month.

Who needs all the cards when you've got Murlocs?

Yeah I'm the same way. Much more fun to get to say "wow lol I can't believe that RNG" instead of pulling your hair out when nonsense happens. Cheaper too :p

Most likely. The first 3 characters/first pack has sold really well so the next 2 will probably do so as well and there probably won't be a MK11 next year~

There was never going to be MKXI released next year. They've been on a two-year cycle since becoming NRS.

MK9 - 2011
Injustice 1 - 2013
MKX - 2015
Injustice 2 - 2017

All of them were unveiled the year before release. I guarantee we'll see an MKXI trailer at E3 2018.

Wasn't there a dlc reveal image for Injustice 2 that hinted there would be 2 more packs?

I think they mean a "Year 2" for Injustice, like how MKX got Mortal Kombat XL. There were only four DLC characters announced for X (technically five but Goro was a pre-order bonus) but they added four more later on. There's precedent for it in Injustice as well since J'onn and Zatanna were added to the roster after the season pass content was over.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My problem with Sex Criminals is that I forget who everyone outside of the main characters is from issue to issue. It makes it real hard to track the story.

I feel like my parents do while watching Game of Thrones. They've watched since season 2 (refusing to go back to watch season 1) and I think they only character name they've got down is Jon Snow.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
say wut now

I've had this fight for 5 years now. I can't explain it. They just haven't really taken to watching shows on streaming services. They've liked the ones that I've made them watch, but won't access them on their own.

Actually after Sunday's episode, I talked to them, and they said that they might go back and watch it again from the beginning before the final season starts, but I don't know if I believe them.

Aizo

Banned
Messi, the amount of money you've spent on Overwatch loot boxes scares me. Are you a banker or something?

Messi

Messi, the amount of money you've spent on Overwatch loot boxes scares me. Are you a banker or something?

Ha ha, no. He's just financially irresponsible. :3

olivia2.gif

Top Bottom