• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

Messi

It was.

Curious to hear Melissa Rauch as Harely. My sore spot is Conroy, outside of Justice League Action I haven't enjoyed his Batman performance since Arkham City.

I think rauch is legitimately terrible. I'll take Tara Strong over her any day. I know people have problems with Strong but if you can't get Arleen anymore then I'll only accept her. She's put in the work and become Harley.

Conroy can sometimes phone it in but he is always going to be batman to me. Much like Hamill as much as Troy Baker tries lol.

My 10 year old cousin is trying to stir some Marvel vs DC shit with me by sayin' Marvel wouldn't have any good characters if they didn't copy DC.

Nah, breh. I like both but I'm preparing a thesis on how wrong he is right now. LOL

Is he wrong though...

uWUhOuK.gif

Wanderer5

I think rauch is legitimately terrible. I'll take Tara Strong over her any day. I know people have problems with Strong but if you can't get Arleen anymore then I'll only accept her. She's put in the work and become Harley.

Conroy can sometimes phone it in but he is always going to be batman to me. Much like Hamill as much as Troy Baker tries lol.

Yeeeeah, Melissa Rauch is pretty damn bad as her going by the trailer. At least Tara Strong has pulled her off at times, she is just kind of mixed bag I feel.

Creature of the Night lives!
Every Batman fan has dreamed of becoming the Dark Knight—putting on the cowl, firing up the Batmobile and heading out to take on the Joker. However, we'd imagine that very few of them have dreamed about being Bruce Wayne as a child. While having your own Batcave and hanging with the Justice League would be fun, the important tragedy it took for Bruce Wayne to get there is often overlooked.

That's not the case in this fall's new Batman miniseries, BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT, in which a young Batman fan faces a childhood that suddenly becomes unbearably similar to his hero's. Written by Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY), drawn by John Paul Leon (MOTHER PANIC) and set outside of regular continuity, Creature of the Night is a four-issue, prestige format limited series set in Boston in 1968. Bruce Wainwright is a comic book-reading kid whose obsession with the Caped Crusader leads him to some very dark places which he must ultimately confront when his parents are murdered after walking in on a robbery. It's a story about loss and confronting your inner demons in the face of that loss that takes a turn towards the unusual when a familiar-looking crimefighter begins to appear on the city streets.

If this is sounding at all similar to Busiek's classic Superman tale, SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY, that's no coincidence. Billed as a spiritual companion to that 2004 limited series, it also offers a real-world analog to a well-known comic book legend. But the similarities stop there and fans can expect plenty of surprises when Batman: Creature of the Night emerges in November.

Messi

Whens the last time you sat down and read a trade cover to cover. I just can't do it anymore. Too many digital distractions.

dan2026

Whens the last time you sat down and read a trade cover to cover. I just can't do it anymore. Too many digital distractions.

I can't remember its been a while.
I tend to kind of marathon things digitally these days.
Like Deadly Class and Black Science.

But then you hit the wall of 'now I have to wait for the next issue to come out...bugger'

Vic_Viper

halfway through the Tokyo Ghost OHC and man its soo good. Dont know how it ends yet, has there been word if Remender is going to continue?

Only 2 more days till Defenders!

Messi

Moon Girl continuing to live makes me irrationally happy.

halfway through the Tokyo Ghost OHC and man its soo good. Dont know how it ends yet, has there been word if Remender is going to continue?

Only 2 more days till Defenders!

Vague stuff like we will get back to it in time or more stories in the future.

It's pretty telling that the OHC says the complete edition.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can see where he is going at with the argument that these firings may drive the affected even more in their right wing believe and I absolutly believe that this could radicalize these people even more, but at the same time I am completly fine with the fact that they were fired. Its the decision of the companies and when they dont want to be put in the same basket as these nazis, thats of course understandable.

But we should acknowledge that Peter David is most likely not a Nazi, before we act like that. he is jewish after all and I think he is not really on the side of the swastiska wavers.
Edit: Of course he can still have stupid ideas. But I really dont think that he is standing 100% supporting by these idiots.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
IIRC the trade/GN market has the same problem if not worse.
I read a article this afternoon, that said that instead of big Events, Marvel should make more OGN.
It would be a good idea m, because the Trade Market is on the rise.
I can look for the link if you want to.

VanWinkle

Finished Flash Deluxe. Really enjoyed it. The Godspeed arc was just too long, but overall it was good. LOVED the last issue Date Night (#13).

Hellers

I now have my dream machine. A 256gig 10.5 inch iPad Pro. The colours in Comixology are just popping and page turns are super smooth and quick.

Sandfox

I read a article this afternoon, that said that instead of big Events, Marvel should make more OGN.
It would be a good idea m, because the Trade Market is on the rise.
I can look for the link if you want to.
OGNs aren't a replacement for big events imo. I would like to see series of OGNs that targeted non-traditional audiences.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
My list:

Aquaman #27
Batman #29
Dark Knights Metal #1
Green Arrow #29
Nightwing #27
Superman #29

James Bond Kill Chain #2 (Of 6)
Invincible #139

Generations Wolverine And All-New Wolverine #1
Invincible Iron Man #10
Mighty Thor #22
Silver Surfer #13
Spider-Men II #2
Star Wars #34
Ultimates 2 #100
X-Men Blue #9

(Dark Knights Metal is a silly fucking name)

Top Bottom