• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a little nuts digging into this Beer/Comic thing.

I just talked to a guy from the website who will be selling it.

He said they will be putting a few cases online tomorrow around 7pm (central) depending on how much they sell at the release event. Also said he isn't sure but thinks it'll be like $19.99 ! :(
I just looked at their site and its like $18 bucks for shipping.

He also said that from what he heard this is like the first of around 10 different 6 pack beer/comic to come out. Arcade Brewery has already been working with different artists and writers.

OK im done now with the beer/comic shit.. hopefully

Yeah I guess they changed it because peoples were asking for it. idk
But yeah that's a great price,, and you can pre-order it now and not pay till it ships next year. DCBS has the biggest discounts that I've seen on these statues.

I just put in an order for the Batman Black & White Francis Manupal Statue (Feb)
I've been hyped for this one.

I bought the Jai Lee one and it's gorgeous

then my bookend broke and they fell and knocked it down and destroyed all the small points on his cape

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
After seeing that Tony Moore beer label, I needed more Moore, so I re-read the first two issues of Fear Agent. So great. I gotta do a full re-read sometime in the near future.

I asked him if it will be sold online, he replied

"Yes, wlvliquors.com should have it available online later in the week. We'll be updating on our social as we find out!"

I love email

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Strangers in paradise arrived. Holy shit. What have I gotten myself into. I could kill somone with this.

Awesome. :D
I'll try to read a ton of Preacher today so that I can finish that up and start SiP. I'm on the last TPB but still have like 10 issues to go...

I feel a little nuts digging into this Beer/Comic thing.

I just talked to a guy from the website who will be selling it.

He said they will be putting a few cases online tomorrow around 7pm (central) depending on how much they sell at the release event. Also said he isn't sure but thinks it'll be like $19.99 ! :(
I just looked at their site and its like $18 bucks for shipping.

He also said that from what he heard this is like the first of around 10 different 6 pack beer/comic to come out. Arcade Brewery has already been working with different artists and writers.

OK im done now with the beer/comic shit.. hopefully

You're the best for getting all this info.
That's pretty rough... I'm not sure I have it in me to pay $40 for a six-pack of beer, even if it does have a label by Aaron and Moore. If I'm gonna blow that kind of money on comics-related paraphernalia, I'd much sooner place my order for that Mignola Batman B&W statue.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what other comics people do something for beer labels though! Arcade Brewery seems absolutely awesome.

You're the best for getting all this info.
That's pretty rough... I'm not sure I have it in me to pay $40 for a six-pack of beer, even if it does have a label by Aaron and Moore. If I'm gonna blow that kind of money on comics-related paraphernalia, I'd much sooner place my order for that Mignola Batman B&W statue.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what other comics people do something for beer labels though! Arcade Brewery seems absolutely awesome.

Yeah its pretty damn expensive. And yeah I have gotten really good and finding the right people to talk to.. my wife thinks its crazy how many bills or merchandise I get discounted because I contact people and whatnot.
-
I bought the Jai Lee one and it's gorgeous

then my bookend broke and they fell and knocked it down and destroyed all the small points on his cape

Nooooo!!
Damn man that's horrible,, that's the first statue I got it is my favorite. I do worry that cape would break so easily.
You try gluing them on or anything?

Bitch planet tomorrow!!

Here is my prediction: Everyone is going to be super excited for issue number one. They'll say it's great/amazing/top tier/book of the month. Maybe we hear a smattering of talk about issue two. But by issue three no one is going to care as it'll probably be, in reality, a very average book.

/realtalk

Messi

Here is my prediction: Everyone is going to be super excited for issue number one. They'll say it's great/amazing/top tier/book of the month. Maybe we hear a smattering of talk about issue two. But by issue three no one is going to care as it'll probably be, in reality, a very average book.

/realtalk

Can we save this and use it whenever a big indie book is about to start?

/realtalk

What.. That's crazy talk... This never happens!

Zombine

Banned
Bitch Planet will get the top spot of the month and we'll never talk about it again. It's Kelly Sue bros. It'll have some decent ideas that will have been better executed by someone else.

This is the one time I say shit like that hoping I have to eat crow or line up some cocks, but...it's KCD. I think my mouth and stomach will be fine.

What.. That's crazy talk... This never happens!

Women in prison, bro. That's like, a perfect recipe for everything except tiger boobs.

I'm half joking of course. But I understand the hype behind something like a big name writer. That has some weight to it. But Kelly Sue? Really?

Also, this is a space Prison. There could be alien tiger boobs.

In fact, I'm calling it. There will be alien (animal) boobs at some point.

Cade

I'm half joking of course. But I understand the hype behind something like a big name writer. That has some weight to it. But Kelly Sue? Really?

Also, this is a space Prison. There could be alien tiger boobs.

In fact, I'm calling it. There will be alien (animal) boobs at some point.

Looks like GrandHarrier is doubling down on foobies. Bitch Planet line in the sand: foobies or no foobies.

I had a dream last night that there was a Catwoman black and white statue and only I knew about it. I was very disappointed when I woke up :(

There is one, it's super rare.

DCC11039.jpg

They look kinda shit too. I was looking at them over the weekend and they didn't do a whole lot for me.

I got Kotobukiya's 1/6 Batman in the mail over the weekend. He's gigantic. #1 husbando right there. Can't wait to get the 1/6 Wonder Woman as well. They'll look rad together.

They look kinda shit too. I was looking at them over the weekend and they didn't do a whole lot for me.

Looks kinda shit??? :(
So fair I have the Jae Lee and Capullo statues (Harley Quinn on the way),,,
imo they are FAR from shit, Amazing detail and both are freaking gorgeous. I couldn't be happier with the quality. Maybe they just look better in person,, check out a YouTube review? idk,, I'm just trying my best to defend them,, The Black and White statues seem to be the only ones I'm really interested in maybe I'm just bias. .

I want to get a Shazam Statue,, just thinking how awesome a Black and White Batman style Shazam would be... *wipes drool*
Yes I know,, that is not possible...
-
Tomorrow I finally get my damn Rick Grimes statue.
Do post a pic,, looks badass

Zombine

Banned

It's the truth! They looked sad. All of the displayed statues did.

Looks kinda shit??? :(
So fair I have the Jae Lee and Capullo statues (Harley Quinn on the way),,,
imo they are FAR from shit, Amazing detail and both are freaking gorgeous. I couldn't be happier with the quality. Maybe they just look better in person,, check out a YouTube review? idk,, I'm just trying my best to defend them,, The Black and White statues seem to be the only ones I'm really interested in maybe I'm just bias. .

I want to get a Shazam Statue,, just thinking how awesome a Black and White Batman style Shazam would be... *wipes drool*
Yes I know,, that is not possible...
-

Do post a pic,, looks badass

The Jai Lee one looked the best. I was honestly disappointed with Zombie Bats which was my initial favorite of the bunch.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
10 issues? That's nothing. Pls.

Okay, so as it turns out, I just blew through like 6 or 7 issues in one sitting and after I write this post I'm gonna read the last few and finish up Preacher. I can't remember the last time I was able to focus on comics so well and read so quickly. Feels good, man.
I might even be able to start SiP today! :D

Yeah its pretty damn expensive. And yeah I have gotten really good and finding the right people to talk to.. my wife thinks its crazy how many bills or merchandise I get discounted because I contact people and whatnot.

That's a fantastic skill to have. I'm pretty awful at that kind of thing. Haha
But anyways, I hope you do have the chance to pick up one of the six-packs so that I can live vicariously through you!

Looks like 4. There were reprints, but the IST description of Vol. 4 notes it as the final volume. It looks like the series might have been broken up differently in the reprints.

Yep. Four TPBs.
These ones: One Two Three Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom