• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

Is anyone else having issues with Comixology? Not sure if it's from just updating to Lollipop but every time I change pages, whole screen goes back unless I slightly scroll left or right. Nexus 7 2013.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Boom. Finished Preacher.
What a series. Such an incredible book. Really satisfying ending, too.

So yeah, I'm down for starting Strangers in Paradise now if you all are!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
e: here have another one

Not to be like,"yo, the comics I read are the best ever", but to have a list of the best comics of the year and include Pretty Deadly and Trillium and Prophet and not have Zero is kind of just...bleh.

But definitely loving the Sex Criminals love.

Bii

Heads up to anyone who is wanting to buy the Batman Black & White Mike Mignola statue.

DCBS has is up on their site for pre-order at $54.36 (expected in-store date is: 7/29/2015),, pretty much guarantee you won't find it cheaper.

Preordered, thanks!

Is Kipp gonna be a stripper?

Of cour... D:

No love for Batman or Daredevil. :(
Trillium was boring as fcuk.

I picked up the Guardians of the Galaxy Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook today. The line must've been 50+ deep. Luckily I was near the front and was able to grab two. I had planned on buying one but made a split-second decision as it was flying off the display to grab another. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the second one now.

4kjO3V4.jpg

tim1138

Not to be like,"yo, the comics I read are the best ever", but to have a list of the best comics of the year and include Pretty Deadly and Trillium and Prophet and not have Zero is kind of just...bleh.

When we're talking about Zero it is absolutely appropriate to reference it in a "yo the comics I read are the best ever" manner. It's gonna be hard to only pick one issue for my year's end top 10.

When we're talking about Zero it is absolutely appropriate to reference it in a "yo the comics I read are the best ever" manner. It's gonna be hard to only pick one issue for my year's end top 10.

are you doing by issues? Because I'm just doing a general post of my favorite comics, "Zero", "Stray Bullets", "Deadly Class", "Daredevil", "TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE", that kind of thing.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

are you doing by issues? Because I'm just doing a general post of my favorite comics, "Zero", "Stray Bullets", "Deadly Class", "Daredevil", "TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE", that kind of thing.

I'm gonna try for issues since I never really did that Desert Island list. I'm also going to maybe limit the amount of issues per series that I throw on there, just to keep any single book from dominating that shit too much.

Owzers

Guardians of the Galaxy...steelbox....

i've been waiting for redbox to get it instock today but my local place hasn't got it yet, then i was going to get the steelbox blu ray instead of renting but it sold out at my local best buy.

still haven't seen this movie yet O___________O

frye

These kinds of things are mostly interesting to me just to find things I've missed.
I actually really love Prophet, though. It takes this idea of the jam comic which has never produced any good comics ever (Bendis does it in Daredevil, New Avengers, and All New X-Men and they're always pieces of unreadable shit) and makes it work by having a cavalcade of really great cartoonists all be a part of it. Like Graham's solo comics, Prophet is so much about the suggestion of a world without outright exploring every detail, there's just amazing ideas for whole other comics that're just glossed over.

I was gonna do two separate lists for ongoings and single issues/OGNs/webcomics but was like naah this is too much work.

Messi

Was #3 this year? If so that is one of the best issues this year.

Parch

Okay, so as it turns out, I just blew through like 6 or 7 issues in one sitting
That's why I really, REALLY, have a problem paying 3.99 for comic. I can't justify the cost. Sales, bargain bins, bulk lots, Marvel Unlimited, and having a few comic friends that I can trade with and borrow from is the plan of attack for us poor buggers who can't afford those $300 figurines.

tim1138

I'm going to try and do issues. I don't think I'm actually going to do a 1-10 ranking though, just my 10 favorite issues from the year. Of course this will probably prove impossible and I'll just do it by series.

Filthy Slug said:
I'm gonna try for issues since I never really did that Desert Island list. I'm also going to maybe limit the amount of issues per series that I throw on there, just to keep any single book from dominating that shit too much.

Right on. It's gonna be hard as hell though, but I'm glad you're gonna give it a shot.

Owzers

when you guys buy blu rays, do you get the digital hd including version or save the $5 and get the regular blu ray? Cant' decide on guardians and want to buy soon. I have an ipad so digital copies is a nice bonus, but on the downside i nevvvvvvvvvvvver watch them because if i'm not driving in the car i am typically helping with directions/etc.

Bii

when you guys buy blu rays, do you get the digital hd including version or save the $5 and get the regular blu ray? Cant' decide on guardians and want to buy soon. I have an ipad so digital copies is a nice bonus, but on the downside i nevvvvvvvvvvvver watch them because if i'm not driving in the car i am typically helping with directions/etc.

Whichever is cheaper. The digital copies do not sway my decision. I, too, do not watch the digital copies I've redeemed.

Riptwo

UGH!

Having gone from a Nexus 7 to an iPad mini, I kind of miss the Android app.

It's a lot easier to download new releases and navigate your library, especially when you own as many books as I do.
After moving from an iPad to a Surface Pro 3, the magic of digital comics is dead to me thanks to a terrible, terrible app.

I mostly bought an SP3 for a giant screen to read comics on, but I'm lucky if I can even get comixology to actually download a title. Using the web interface in tablet mode works, but it's still kind of a crap option compared to the iOS app. What have I done?!

Mindwipe

Is anyone else having issues with Comixology? Not sure if it's from just updating to Lollipop but every time I change pages, whole screen goes back unless I slightly scroll left or right. Nexus 7 2013.

That was a problem with the app when Lollipop first launched, but there have been two updates since then and it was fixed in the first one.

Are you sure you're running the most recent version of the app?

Spike's consistent shipping of Briana, the one true OTP pairing, is my motivation to succeed in life.

Funny to see this post, I just read this page.

Any word on the 2nd FF omni paper quality?

I don't have high hopes for it. The pages in the first omnibus definitely have bleed through, though it seems slightly better than the Alias Omnibus. The second FF omni has more pages but seems as thin as the first omnibus.

Here, in Exhibit 1, I have used my superior MS Paint skills to highlight the books in question.

I don't think I will be buying any more Marvel omnibuses, unless it is the only way to find something.

Parch

Just catching up with Black Science. What a wild ride and a visual treat. Each issue is quite unique and this title leaves the possibilities wide open with potential. What a cool comic.

Zombine

Banned
Just catching up with Black Science. What a wild ride and a visual treat. Each issue is quite unique and this title leaves the possibilities wide open with potential. What a cool comic.

That's one of my top pics of 2014. The hardcover will be gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom