• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started reading Batman Noel,, wow that art is a beaut!! I really like it so far, was hard to put down. A little less than half way through it.

batman_noel_pg_8_9_by_bacha08-d60irv2.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
For one order? Pish-posh. He lacks consistency!

Not even! This is like the third giant order he's posted in the past week! And have you seen his statue collection?
Give it up, Freeza. You've been beat. :p

Barring me reading this sentence wrong and you just don't like RPGs... this is just crazy to me. I've played sooooooo many JRPGs. And I still have a ton of series I want to dig into that I have yet to even touch!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who responded in regards to V for Vendetta, I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future! Now to finish off The Horrorist and with it volume 2 of Hellblazer!

Well, it's not that I don't like RPGs exactly, it's just that DA:O is the only one that's really hooked me. I have trouble finishing games in general, so when it comes to games that can be 100+ hours long, it takes something really special to get me to finish it.
Oh, you know what, I lied. I've played a ton of Pokemon. That's an RPG. So Pokemon and DA:O.

And I really gotta get caught back up to you in Hellblazer. I've been slacking.

Can anyone recommend any supernatural/paranormal Batman stories where he's like a vampire or literal half-bat/half-man monster or anything like that?

Along with GAMEPROFF's perfect suggestion, I'd also recommend checking out the non-elseworlds Batman stories that Moench and Jones did that are collected in this hardcover. It's not exactly what you want (but GAMEPROFF's suggestion is exactly what you want, just FYI), but it deals with the same horror/supernatural elements and I think it's probably the type of thing you're looking for.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Still cant believe how amazing the final arc of Alias was. Killgrave was just amazing, one of the best villains Ive read in a longer time. The 4th Wall breaking was so great, one of the best use of this element.

The panel, where Killgrave said, that people would kill you fire when you dont mind the continuity made me really chuckle, when you think of all the Guardians of the Galaxy discussion we had in the last months.

Next on is The Pulse. I know some of the series yet, mainly the Green Goblin Story in the beginning, so I know that I cant expect that it will be on the same level.

I really hope that they start with a new Volume next year, since they have an upcoming TV series and teased an return of Jessica in the 75th Anniversary Comic.

Kipp

Reminds me of Francavilla,,, talking about him....
I saw on PreviewsWorld.com Black Beetle: Necrologue #1 is now saying 09-16-2015 .. I give up

Ok cool. Thanks

Hahaha. That Necrologue date is just... wow. But hey, at least they're finally being a tiny bit realistic.

And it's a shame Morrison didn't get Bermejo to do one of the Multiversity issues. Maybe instead of Jim Lee or something.

Cade

Here comes Kipp to start a war again. I'm Team Bermejo vs basically anyone, though. Don't even challenge me brehs.

Heads up to anyone who is wanting to buy the Batman Black & White Mike Mignola statue.

DCBS has is up on their site for pre-order at $54.36 (expected in-store date is: 7/29/2015),, pretty much guarantee you won't find it cheaper.

Kipp

Heads up to anyone who is wanting to buy the Batman Black & White Mike Mignola statue.

DCBS has is up on their site for pre-order at $54.36,, pretty much guarantee you won't find it cheaper.

Omgomgomg.

I'm pretty sure that's my price point.

The only bummer is that it's the second edition with the different Batman logo which isn't as cool...

Can't believe they put it up for pre-order nearly 3/4ths of a year in advance though. Haha. Any idea what the chances are that it'll sell out during the pre-order period? Like, how much time do I have to make my decision?
Also, if I pre-ordered from DCBS, could I cancel the pre-order if I wanted?

Omgomgomg.

I'm pretty sure that's my price point.

The only bummer is that it's the second edition with the different Batman logo which isn't as cool...

Yeah I guess they changed it because peoples were asking for it. idk
But yeah that's a great price,, and you can pre-order it now and not pay till it ships next year. DCBS has the biggest discounts that I've seen on these statues.

I just put in an order for the Batman Black & White Francis Manupal Statue (Feb)
I've been hyped for this one.

Kipp

Yeah I guess they changed it because peoples were asking for it. idk
But yeah that's a great price,, and you can pre-order it now and not pay till it ships next year. DCBS has the biggest discounts that I've seen on these statues.

I just put in an order for the Batman Black & White Francis Manupal Statue (Feb)
I've been hyped for this one.

That Manupal statue is pretty sweet.

If I can cancel the pre-order any time before July I'll put my order in now, but if not I'll have to think about it a little bit first. I couldn't really tell from the FAQ on DCBS, but can you cancel pre-orders?

That Manupal statue is pretty sweet.

If I can cancel the pre-order any time before July I'll put my order in now, but if not I'll have to think about it a little bit first. I couldn't really tell from the FAQ on DCBS, but can you cancel pre-orders?

"
We do not allow order cancellations. Orders are generally not returnable. In the event an order cancellation is allowed, we will charge a 25% cancellation fee. Any items returned without proper authorization will be assessed a 25% restock fee plus the cost of shipping. We will replace items damaged during shipment. Damages must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of shipment. "

This is on their web site.
I have emailed them in the past about canceling an order for some reason,, I don't remember why, I needed to change payments or something. But they did cancel an order for me and didn't not charge me a fee.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hahaha. That Necrologue date is just... wow. But hey, at least they're finally being a tiny bit realistic.

And it's a shame Morrison didn't get Bermejo to do one of the Multiversity issues. Maybe instead of Jim Lee or something.

Let's be real here. Of the group of Multiversity artists, Lee is the one that could most easily be put through the revolving door and swapped.

Also, there's a dope Bermejo-drawn Superman in Wednesday Comics (the writing is atrocious). It's short, but definitely worth eye-balling.

Wednesday Comics Superman was soooooo trash

I swear to Kirby if I never read another comic about Superman moping and brooding about his place on Earth, it'll be too soon. "I'm an outsider here" ;_; "What on Earth made me think I could talk to you about this, Batman?" :mad: *flies off in a big huff*

FUCK did everybody forget Hitman #34

Hitman4thJulyBig.jpg

Now go wrestle a genie into submission or some shit, you're Superman for fuck's sake

E the Shaggy

Somewhat comic book related, but the Guardians blu ray came out today and I notice that Best Buy has the blu ray disc for $15, while the steelbook one is $20.

Are there any bonuses or anything aside from the steelbook having the 3d version? May just want to save $5 and forego having the cassette case.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Wednesday Comics Superman was soooooo trash

I swear to Kirby if I never read another comic about Superman moping and brooding about his place on Earth, it'll be too soon. "I'm an outsider here" ;_; "What on Earth made me think I could talk to you about this, Batman?" :mad: *flies off in a big huff*

FUCK did everybody forget Hitman #34

Now go wrestle a genie into submission or some shit, you're Superman for fuck's sake

Damn it. I gotta get Hitman. I'm going to look into the editions tonite.

And yeah, Wednesday Comics is an odd collection. It's a showcase for artists, but the writing ain't up to par. Like the Azz and Risso Batman story--predictable trash for a story, but well drawn. I think the Allred/Gaiman Metamorpho is my favorite piece in there, especially with that entire Periodic Table of Elements splash page.

Kipp

"

This is on their web site.
I have emailed them in the past about canceling an order for some reason,, I don't remember why, I needed to change payments or something. But they did cancel an order for me and didn't not charge me a fee.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info!
I'll think on it for a bit, but I think I'll probably pick it up. :D

HOLY SHIT. THREE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS IN ONE PACKAGE. Thank goodness it's supposedly going to be available online. I NEED to pick one of these up.

I also love the fact that this is Tony Moore's second time doing art for beer.

Damn it. I gotta get Hitman. I'm going to look into the editions tonite.

I'm so excited. I think my Hitman TPBs are supposed to arrive today. Can't believe I got 'em all for $50.

Kipp

I love beer,, and I love comics..
Take my Monies!! I am going to try and get one,, ill drive if I have to I don't live far from Chicago

Next time I'm in the Chicago area, I need to check out this Arcade Brewery place. It seems like the coolest ever.

Edit: Ehh. Not a big fan of dark wheat ales, but that only barely reduces my hype. Will still try my hardest to get my hands on this.

Messi

I had a dream last night that there was a Catwoman black and white statue and only I knew about it. I was very disappointed when I woke up :(

Next time I'm in the Chicago area, I need to check out this Arcade Brewery place. It seems like the coolest ever.

Edit: Ehh. Not a big fan of dark wheat ales, but that only barely reduces my hype. Will still try my hardest to get my hands on this.

Yeah I will have to check them out,, I wonder if I can find any of their product at stores closer to me. I love dark beer, wheat beers aren't my favorite they're ok tho,, don't think I've ever had a dark wheat beer.

I actually just emailed them to get the info. haha

Check out the full readable art on all the labels

Kipp

Yeah I will have to check them out,, I wonder if I can find any of their product at stores closer to me. I love dark beer, wheat beers aren't my favorite they're ok tho,, don't think I've ever had a dark wheat beer.

I actually just emailed them to get the info. haha

Dark wheat beer tastes like bananas. It's very interesting for a couple sips, but then it gets pretty old. Well, to be fair, the only dark wheat beer I've had was a really cheap one (the Trader Joe's brand Josephs Brau dunkelweizen), so that probably isn't the best way to judge a type of beer.

Be sure to relay any relevant information you receive! Did you happen to ask if there's an approximate release date?

Oh, awesome! Thank you!

Just got this Email back from Arcade Brewery:
Hey Bobby,

We will be updating with all the locations on our beer map at arcadebrewery.com/beers There will be a special Festus icon.

You can get it first at these locations on Wed

Binny's Beverage Depot - Lincoln Park - 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Bottles and Cans - 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
Kimbark Beverage Shoppe - 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
West Lakeview Liquors - 7:00 PM-9:00 PM

And we'll be expanding it from there.

Beer and comics are two of our favorite things as well! Glad you found us!

Thanks

J10

Banned
Tales of the Multiverse: Batman Vampire

includes

Batman/Dracula: Red Rain
Bloodstorm
Chrimson Mist

Along with GAMEPROFF's perfect suggestion, I'd also recommend checking out the non-elseworlds Batman stories that Moench and Jones did that are collected in this hardcover. It's not exactly what you want (but GAMEPROFF's suggestion is exactly what you want, just FYI), but it deals with the same horror/supernatural elements and I think it's probably the type of thing you're looking for.

Thanks.

Filthy Slug

Wow! Quick response!
Thanks for the info! Really hoping I'll be able to find it online like the CBR article said. Guess I'll start my online searching on Wednesday.

Me too, man. I go to the Beer Distributor every other week--wonder if there's a way to special order some.

Those two fellas wouldn't put their name on a shitty beer now, would they

Wow! Quick response!
Thanks for the info! Really hoping I'll be able to find it online like the CBR article said. Guess I'll start my online searching on Wednesday.

I asked him if it will be sold online, he replied

"Yes, wlvliquors.com should have it available online later in the week. We'll be updating on our social as we find out!"

I love email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom