• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Marvel did it.

In today's Axis,
Scarlet Witch finds out that Magneto is in fact not the father of herself and Quicksilver, making way for them to actually be Inhumans in time for Avengers 2.
Ahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahaha Im gonna go watch the latest flash and aill be back with some Axel spin in spoilers brahs.

Well, Marvel did it.

In today's Axis,
Scarlet Witch finds out that Magneto is in fact not the father of herself and Quicksilver, making way for them to actually be Inhumans in time for Avengers 2.

1191763_o.gif
1191763_o.gif
1191763_o.gif

Maybe that's why they killed Wolverine. He'll come back as an Inhuman in 2 years and Marvel can use him in Infinity War.
Shocked scientist: no...no that's not possible! Nobody could have survived that! That's...that's...!

Word balloon from some off screen voice: I know bub...

Final page reveal of bloody and angry Logqn , claws extended

Wolverine: its inhuman

MG310

Well, Marvel did it.

In today's Axis,

I haven't read it yet...but I'm surprised they went that way rather than just saying that they weren't born mutants and the High Evolutionary did his thing while they were in stasis.

The Maximoffs weren't confirmed to be inhumans. Just not Magneto's kids. Probably going with the High Evolutionary origin. This happened with Wanda casting a spell designed to target her blood and Magneto wasn't affected.

ElNarez

Banned
i thought it would never happen

I think I said it when it came out: there's stuff to unpack for MONTHS, even YEARS in this dang comic, which is not helped by the fact that it's actually still part of an event that has not concluded yet. To have managed to crack it open to that extent is just incredible.

Parch

The reason they killed Wolverine is to cut the X-franchise at the legs, and take some of the wind away from Fox's sails.
No doubt, and unfortunate. But movie money trumps comic money so Marvel is willing screw over their long running and best selling comic franchise. Damn shame that it's the comic fans who end up paying for the political nonsense.

I'm still laughing

guyz halp

axel pls
look, we had ENORMOUS potential here and it would be unfair to the fans not fulfill it. Like a note from your mom in your school lunch bag or a genuine "my pleasure," from Chick Fil A, we wanted to make our readers feel extra special. I've said this before, but this isn't corporate synergy, but CREATIVE synergy. Much like a child would use a Barbie doll to discover the female anatomy, it just fits.

I want to see this shit go to court just so I can read the transcripts where Lawyers argue continuity and old origins versus new.

"Your Honor, as you can clearly see on page 7, panel 3,
Wolverine is no longer a mutant and instead is an Inhuman
, thus our inclusion of
him
in
Avengers 4
does not violate our agreement with
Fox.
"

frye

I want to see this shit go to court just so I can read the transcripts where Lawyers argue continuity and old origins versus new.

"Your Honor, as you can clearly see on page 7, panel 3,
Wolverine is no longer a mutant and instead is an Inhuman
, thus our inclusion of
him
in
Avengers 4
does not violate our agreement with
Fox.
"

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...domina-and-tiffany-are-derivative-characters/

It'd basically be Gaiman v McFarlane part 2.

Zombine

Banned
When are we going to find out that Peter Parker is actually an Inhuman, and that his name isn't Peter and they give him a new costume and call him Tarantula Guy with his premiere being in New Avengers?

Messi

Located the last copy of Harley Quinn Annual variant at a small store today. Damn variants are a pain in my ass.

How is Bitch Planet guys?

When are we going to find out that Peter Parker is actually an Inhuman, and that his name isn't Peter and they give him a new costume and call him Tarantula Guy with his premiere being in New Avengers?

We'll find out that 616 isn't actually the main Marvel U, and then Marvel will reboot to one where everyone is an inhuman.

Owzers

Guys can we swing the conversation over to some dc books? Enough Marvel for today. OK?

read more Harley Quinn vol 1....can't decide if it's "guilty pleasure" or just "guilty". Really dumb with few redeeming qualities....

Everytime i read an issue i try my take on Harley dialog because there are seemingly no standards.

"Hold the potato, here comes the tomato" is the best i could come up with so far.

read more Harley Quinn vol 1....can't decide if it's "guilty pleasure" or just "guilty". Really dumb with few redeeming qualities....

Everytime i read an issue i try my take on Harley dialog because there are seemingly no standards.

"Hold the potato, here comes the tomato" is the best i could come up with so far.

are you jimmy palmiotti

Messi

It's not for you. That's fine, no need to struggle with it. It's my favorite book each month so I suppose I would say it has many great qualities. Maybe you should drop it?

NeonZ

I wonder if they could get away with something like that. Wolverine actually would be perfect for it.

Reveal that his "real past" is a lie, to give him a new civilian name, reveal that he's an inhuman, and give him a new code name. Bum!, you have a Wolverine, who should still be recognizable just by his fairly generic claws, who wouldn't actually break any Wolverine copyrights. Better yet, introduce this resurrected Wolverine as a "mysterious masked Warrior completely unrelated to the X-Men" in an Avengers book, and only reveal his X-Men ties later, after the "new" character is already established as not being a part of the X-Men franchise.

tim1138

Hold the potato, here comes the tomato/10?

E the Shaggy

I wonder if they could get away with something like that. Wolverine actually would be perfect for it.

Reveal that his "real past" is a lie, to give him a new civilian name, reveal that he's an inhuman, and give him a new code name. Bum!, you have a Wolverine, who should still be recognizable just by his fairly generic claws, who wouldn't actually break any Wolverine copyrights. Better yet, introduce this resurrected Wolverine as a "mysterious masked Warrior completely unrelated to the X-Men" in an Avengers book, and only reveal his X-Men ties later, after the "new" character is already established as not being a part of the X-Men franchise.

"Look out world, here comes the Honey Badger!"

Owzers

It's not for you. That's fine, no need to struggle with it. It's my favorite book each month so I suppose I would say it has many great qualities. Maybe you should drop it?

best quality is Harley girly hijinx.

technically i can't drop it since it's a trade. Reading it reminds me of All New X-Men, and as much as i protest bendis talk without a plot, i still read it on MU after dropping it monthly. I'll finish the trade and then decide if i can let it go.

worst harley line so far:

back to back panels:
"Alley-oop, you sack o' poop!" then " All right, toe-cheese...you messed with the wrong girl"

Zombine

Banned

Yeah, there are some gigantic hoops that they have to jump through to make this happen, but as long as this "new" character launches in Avengers they should be able to use it.

Messi

best quality is Harley girly hijinx.

technically i can't drop it since it's a trade. Reading it reminds me of All New X-Men, and as much as i protest bendis talk without a plot, i still read it on MU after dropping it monthly. I'll finish the trade and then decide if i can let it go.

worst harley line so far:

back to back panels:
"Alley-oop, you sack o' poop!" then " All right, toe-cheese...you messed with the wrong girl"

The poo issue was pretty Meh. I would agree that at times Jimmy and Amanda go too far with the loopy dialog. Sometimes toning it down would be much more effective. The book is immature but that is a large part of what makes the hijinks so much fun. When harley and Ivy are together in issues harley becomes incredibly childish (more so that usyal) and Ivy acts as her motherly figure. It allows for hijinks.

But at that point in the trade you should realize what you are in for and I can't see it changing. That is the Harley Jimmy and Amanda want to write. They have been open about not liking the direction of Suicide Squad harley and his they feel they are two different people.

The sack of shit hitting Didios window was pretty funny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom