• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some nice work there! Be sure to post the one for your father-in-law once you finish it.
Thanks! Will do.

this is DOPE ima have to commission somethin from you after the holidays
Thanks! Ill draw anything for money. Even understated tiger tits

That Thor piece is bad ass. Good work, my name is ed. I often think about getting some decent comic book art for my walls. Will have to see what I can find. Maybe I'll paint myself up some Pizza Dog prints. Anyway, list time.
Thanks for the compliments! Maybe I'll do a pizza dog piece down the road. I just read the first hardcover of Hawkeye. You think with 11 issues, I'd be satisfied for a while but nooo I want that vol 2 now. Why Aja why are you slow

Unite with me please brah.
But Rafa, don't you know we are already working on a book?

shyamalantwist.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm a slow reader, so 2 issues per day would probably be easier on me, but 3 issues per day means we'll finish in just over 30 days, so that's probably a better plan. I think it'd be cool to have the new thread be something like "ComicsGAF Book Club | (#1 or a date range?) | Strangers in Paradise" so maybe towards the end we'll pick another book and those that didn't participate that time might see the thread and want to do so in the future... just a thought.

Either way, I'm ready!

Yeah, I feel the same way about 2 issues vs. 3 issues. 2 would be much easier on me as well, but like you said, it'd take us forever to get through it at that rate.

And good ideas! I'll start putting the thread together so that I can have it ready for when we start reading tomorrow!

3 issues per day should be fine..... except on Wednesdays. I have like, $40 worth of books to buy tomorrow, it's going to be nutso.

What about 2 issues on weekdays and 3 issues on weekends? Or would that complicate things too much?

Isak_Borg

thanks to Amazon fucking up a good thing

Got some bad advice, apparently. :p

What about the standalone DC, Marvel and Image apps? Are those available on the SP3? If so that might be an option.
Sir , when you blame Amazon you do not know what you are talking about.

What about 2 issues on weekdays and 3 issues on weekends? Or would that complicate things too much?

I don't have a preference. Whatever's better for you. But Wednesdays need to be a day off due to new comic day.

Also, OMG Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale...... HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Kipp

I don't have a preference. Whatever's better for you. But Wednesdays need to be a day off due to new comic day.

Also, OMG Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale...... HHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

All right, that sounds like a good plan. Three issues a day with Wednesday off. And we can always call an audible if people start falling behind and either change it to two issues a day or give a couple days off to let people catch up.

Kipp

Sorry, took me a second to put two and two together there. Haha

Anyways, the thread is all ready to go! I'll post it tomorrow so that we can all get situated and warm the thread up a bit, and then we'll all start reading and discussing on Thursday!
This is gonna be a good time.

Also, I SWEAR I already wrote and submitted this reply about ten minutes ago, but I didn't. Bizarre.

Assuming my copy of SiP arrives, I'll join in on the 19th. Though I'll prob power through it all in 10 days so I don't need to bring it with me on a plane back to school. =(

JEKKI

ahh whaaaat is this where the comics thread went to??
Does anybody here read Joshua dysart's stuff? I thought his unknown soldier was pretty damn good. Timing was crazy too since it was prior to that stupid #KONY movement

I hear he's got a new series coming up on valiant soon
his new series is just a continuation of Harbinger,

which I'm perfectly fine with coz I love Harbinger!!!

I really needa read his Unknown Soldier stuff,

and his Avril Laveen stuff too lol

fauxtrot

Banned
do you think i could jump into that series if i haven't read harbinger though? we'll see in february. want to read another dysart book.

If they've thought this out properly, you shouldn't need more than a Wikipedia summary to get into it, but we won't know for sure until it launches. I'm in the same boat as you, sir.

JEKKI

do you think i could jump into that series if i haven't read harbinger though? we'll see in february. want to read another dysart book.
yah their renumberings are all based on new jumping on points, it's their business strategy I guess...

and the new series turns the focus on Harada instead of the Renegades.

like Archer and Armstrong is continuing as Ivar the Timewalker, focusing on another character in the series.

thanks. btw is Mrs. Marvel's writer muslim and/or pakistani? The writing for this series is shockingly accurate. You could literally transplant my sister into this comic, lmao dat double standard.

thanks. btw is Mrs. Marvel's writer muslim and/or pakistani? The writing for this series is shockingly accurate. You could literally transplant my sister into this comic, lmao dat double standard.

G. Willow Wilson is Muslim.
image5-232x350.jpg

Ms Marvel is awesome. A close friend of mine is Pakistani and muslim although not very religious. Well not religious at all but she still wont eat pork or drink alcohol. I couldn't help but think of her as Ms Marvel when I was reading it which made the comic funnier to me. She got super excited when I told her about the comic so I'm pretty sure Ill be able to get her to actually read it.

Shows how important it is to have a diverse group of creators. Not to say that someone from a different background can't write that same character with the same quality, but you know...

I'm a slow reader, so 2 issues per day would probably be easier on me, but 3 issues per day means we'll finish in just over 30 days, so that's probably a better plan. I think it'd be cool to have the new thread be something like "ComicsGAF Book Club | (#1 or a date range?) | Strangers in Paradise" so maybe towards the end we'll pick another book and those that didn't participate that time might see the thread and want to do so in the future... just a thought.

Either way, I'm ready!
If we create a new thread we can sneak back to the regular OT. Show them there's more to comics than capes!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Funny to see this post, I just read this page.

I don't have high hopes for it. The pages in the first omnibus definitely have bleed through, though it seems slightly better than the Alias Omnibus. The second FF omni has more pages but seems as thin as the first omnibus.

Here, in Exhibit 1, I have used my superior MS Paint skills to highlight the books in question.

I don't think I will be buying any more Marvel omnibuses, unless it is the only way to find something.

Young Avengers continues this trend... Are there yet any pics of the Trial of Captain America Omnibus in the wild?

Hey, what do you guys think of the new Shaft?

I was surprised how much I liked it. I was just thumbing through it at the LCS and picked it up mainly because of the great looking art.
And my LCS guy was suggesting it to me. I don't think I've ever seen Shaft, don't know anything about it really but I really enjoyed it.

It gave a little bit of back story, felt like it did a really good job of introducing us to the Characters. Excited to see how the series goes.

Is this a mini series?
I'll be pulling the next couple issues at least.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ZombiU has compromised my comic reading. Haven't touched a game in months, but ZombiU's pulling me back in. It's so damn good. One of the best WiiU games, very underrated

Zombine

Banned
Sir , when you blame Amazon you do not know what you are talking about.

I didn't sleep well last night. Thanks Amazon.

Edit: Can we start this Strangers In Paridise storytime closer to the 19th? I have to order my books. I don't expect you guys to wait up for me, but I had no idea about this thing.

Why do you think I spend so much time reading comics in the official omnibus reading position? It's all for practice, baby.
You can be my omnibus ;)

Time to load up on some 20s.

I slept the whole day except for a few hours. I advise you all not to get the flu.

Yeah that shit sucks. Though being on the other end, having only gotten 3 hours of sleep on Monday night, sleeping all day sounds heavenly.

Fell better soon dude!

Kipp

Assuming my copy of SiP arrives, I'll join in on the 19th. Though I'll prob power through it all in 10 days so I don't need to bring it with me on a plane back to school. =(

Over 2000 pages in 10 days? You're crazy, man! Good luck though! :p

Edit: Can we start this Strangers In Paridise storytime closer to the 19th? I have to order my books. I don't expect you guys to wait up for me, but I had no idea about this thing.

I'm fine with that. I've got plenty of other stuff to read, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. Haha
Is starting the 19th good for everyone else?

sounds like you've been up late tonight and need some sleep

It was like 7:45pm, man! How could I not be tired!?

Messi

I didn't sleep well last night. Thanks Amazon.

I don't mind waiting

Messi

Is there an ideal way to read this? There is an omnibus on Amazon that looks absolutely ridiculous, and a few trades.

The omnibus is the cheapest way. Otherwise it's like 20 trades. Most are reading the omnibus.

Freeza today is the first one of the two Eva Bell Annuals. Art looks amazing.

Zombine

Banned
The omnibus is the cheapest way. Otherwise it's like 20 trades. Most are reading the omnibus.

Freeza today is the first one of the two Eva Bell Annuals. Art looks amazing.

I guess I'll get that, but how much page loss is there? The pic on Amazon makes it look like a brick.

Messi

I guess I'll get that, but how much page loss is there? The pic on Amazon makes it look like a brick.

It's a brick.

There is little to no problems with page loss.

It's awesome.

It's a brick.

Not my picture but here is the size. It's two compendium sized books.

IMG_1585-500x373.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's a brick.

There is little to no problems with page loss.

It's awesome.

It's a brick.

Not my picture but here is the size. It's two compendium sized books.

IMG_1585-500x373.jpg

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. Those are huge. Can someone draw a diagram of how you'd have to sit to read those?

E the Shaggy

Well, Marvel did it.

In today's Axis,
Scarlet Witch finds out that Magneto is in fact not the father of herself and Quicksilver, making way for them to actually be Inhumans in time for Avengers 2.

Well, Marvel did it.

In today's Axis,
Scarlet Witch finds out that Magneto is in fact not the father of herself and Quicksilver, making way for them to actually be Inhumans in time for Avengers 2.

holy shit
i didn't even get the implications of that until reading this

wow marvel

uh

wow

E the Shaggy

Maybe that's why they killed Wolverine. He'll come back as an Inhuman in 2 years and Marvel can use him in Infinity War.

The reason they killed Wolverine is to cut the X-franchise at the legs, and take some of the wind away from Fox's sails.

Marvel's president, Isaac Perlmuter, is apparently a vindictive bastard (according to Marvel insiders) and is doing everything in his power to prop up Avengers over everything, including cancelling Fantastic Four's book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom