• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Does harley get any better after the grandmother/relative's issue, or is this the same quality throughout the run?

edit: rereading above it sounds like the quality doesn't jump later on....so i'll most likely not pre-order the second trade at the very least if vol 1 doesn't finish strong. I was thinking of adding Avengers Rage of Ultron OHC in it's place at dcbs but i get the feeling like it is going to be terrible and exists only to placate movie hype.

SRG01

Just read ASM today and lol
who didn't see Cosmic Spidey's death coming?

Also, I didn't really like this week's Avengers
The exposition/narrative by Reed was pretty interesting, but the overall fight scenes didn't do much for me.

And this week's Thor
I wonder if it's inverted or regular Thor going after the hammer.

tim1138

Does harley get any better after the grandmother/relative's issue, or is this the same quality throughout the run?

edit: rereading above it sounds like the quality doesn't jump later on....so i'll most likely not pre-order the second trade at the very least if vol 1 doesn't finish strong. I was thinking of adding Avengers Rage of Ultron OHC in it's place at dcbs but i get the feeling like it is going to be terrible and exists only to placate movie hype.

I dunno how many issues are in the hardcover, but my wife read the first six or so issues and got bored with it because she said it was the same three jokes every issue.

Well, Marvel did it.

In today's Axis,
Scarlet Witch finds out that Magneto is in fact not the father of herself and Quicksilver, making way for them to actually be Inhumans in time for Avengers 2.

smfh

I know Quicksilver once went through Terrigenesis after he lost his mutant powers, but he still isn't a inhuman.

and Wanda is a regular ass mutant, never been to Attilan or been through Terrigenesis.

They always seemed more like power-bottoms to me.

1ouCjdr.png

And this week's Thor
I wonder if it's inverted or regular Thor going after the hammer.
In my understanding of this weird timeline,
AXIS happens between Thor becoming unworthy and his arm getting cut off. I think. It's the only way I see it possible considering he still has his arms in AXIS, though it might be an art error there.

fauxtrot

Banned
I was accidentally looking at 12/17's releases and got really excited to pick up Multiversity's Captain Marvel issue tonight... sigh.

At least it looks like I'll be able to pick up my floppies before we get hit with NorCal's "storm of the decade". Better put all my comics in the attic before tomorrow just in case!

fauxtrot

Banned
Dem spoilers, brahs.

Anyone pick up Eternal #1? I was kinda interested in checking it out, but not enough to spend actual money on it unless it's well received.

frye

You dont get it, am I right? ;)

Wanda and Pietro are since today no longer mutants, they are now officially Inhumans. And Magneto isnt their father anymore.

This isn't actually true yet from what I can tell?
At least, not the Inhuman part.

Also Quicksilver technically doesn't have mutant powers but I don't think that plot point will ever get picked up again

You dont get it, am I right? ;)

Wanda and Pietro are since today no longer mutants, they are now officially Inhumans. And Magneto isnt their father anymore.

That's a big F-U to Fox. But I wonder if it'll hold up in court. Wouldn't it matter what the nature of the characters were when the deal was signed?

J10

Banned
That's a big F-U to Fox. But I wonder if it'll hold up in court. Wouldn't it matter what the nature of the characters were when the deal was signed?

I don't think that's the point. I think the idea is to excise anything that doesn't currently line up with the MCU - at least as much as they can reasonably get away with.

ElNarez

Banned

"who the fuck would be stupid enough to go to court over a retcon", he asks, knowing that this industry is fucking crazy enough for the answer to be yes.

And then, he would transition into telling the story of how he started a twitter beef with Cameron Stewart over how the new Batgirl issue, which kinda bills itself as this big progressive comic of the now, blazing its trail and blending influences beyond DC's house style, but still did a goddamn Crazy Evil Crossdresser story in twenty-goddamn-fourteen, as if the world hadn't learned to know better by now. "Fuck that shit, he muttered", he typed.

dan2026

I don't think that's the point. I think the idea is to excise anything that doesn't currently line up with the MCU - at least as much as they can reasonably get away with.
But why?

I thought they proved ages ago that most of the people who flock to the movies will never pick up a comic book anyway.

fauxtrot

Banned
"who the fuck would be stupid enough to go to court over a retcon", he asks, knowing that this industry is fucking crazy enough for the answer to be yes.

And then, he would transition into telling the story of how he started a twitter beef with Cameron Stewart over how the new Batgirl issue, which kinda bills itself as this big progressive comic of the now, blazing its trail and blending influences beyond DC's house style, but still did a goddamn Crazy Evil Crossdresser story in twenty-goddamn-fourteen, as if the world hadn't learned to know better by now. "Fuck that shit, he muttered", he typed.

Who are you talking about? Did someone really start something on Twitter regarding Batgirl?

E the Shaggy

Axis is the worst event I have ever read.

The movie retcon in the 7th issue sealed it for me.

I thought the idea of having heroes as villains and vice versa COULD have worked but yeah, it's been really shoddy.

Not worse than Fear Itself though. NOTHING is worse than Fear Itself.

tim1138

At this point Babs Tarr's finishes are the only thing keeping me interested in Batgirl. Stewart and Fletcher's writing has been a bit lackluster in my opinion.

ElNarez

Banned
narez got a reply from Stewart but nothing really went down

it was a disappointing beef much like Batgirl #37 was disappointing.

if you wanna read a good comic with empathy and jokes about Shcock, who is like Shrek except purple and with dicks for ears, Sex Criminals #9 is exactly that comic, and seriously, I love that comic exactly one heck of a whole lot and it's the best depiction of sex work I've seen in fiction ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom