• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they basing this on talent, or how much they enjoy the books these people work on? Because Bachalo would be in my top 20 for sure.

I believe its voting based so whatever people like.

I just read Batwoman: to drown the world. Not very good. The narrative time jumps are all over the place for no real reason and the artwork here from Amy Reeder and Trevor McCarthy is kind of disappointing in comparison to JH Williams. Hopefully the next volume is better.

I give it a random sillymonkey/birdie

Oh noes. Amazon selling dragon age for $40. It's been bought.

Also does anyone have thoughts on Milligans vertigo series Enigma? I remember reading an issue or two when it came out but don't remember if I liked it

BJK

...so glad I stopped reading SIXIS.

Plus, Avengers World:
Stature is back...just in time for Ant Man's movie!

I still feel like shit with the flu so I didn't read at all today. My wife just read Bitch Planet and proclaimed it her new favorite comic book.

Also, my wife already read SiP, she went with the pocket book editions.

B4jRkwYCIAIUrn2.jpg

Cheska

Bitch Planet was everything I was hoping for and more. Seriously, at this point everything that Kelly Sue is doing is resonating with me so well.

I read that new Batgirl issue that Narez hated and while i don't think doing Evil
Crossdresser
was the intent (it's somewhat there in the pages that the villain was pretending to be Batgirl out of a pursuit for fame and that the story is all part of a bigger picture, bruh) i can see where people read it that way. Partly cuz it IS that way until a single panel says "oh yeah i was in it for the fame!" Anyway the writing remains kinda overdone but the art (layouts + finishes + colors) remains dope as fuck

Sex Crims 9 is book of the month tho

Another thread about a Marvel event comic, and another thread where non-comic readers think that's all comic books are. Sigh.

i don't blame them. after seeing the basura panels people kept posting in OT i thought most comics were shit too. i guess i learnt there's more to marvel though than just these corny crossover events.

i've been enjoying these characters singularly.

"they only lack the light to show them the way..."

Spidey and the X-Men was enjoyable. art is kinda on the bland house-style end of things but there's some good lines/gags in there. It's written like Spidey hasn't interacted with the X-Men in years, though

frye

Also does anyone have thoughts on Milligans vertigo series Enigma? I remember reading an issue or two when it came out but don't remember if I liked it

It's his best comic in his writerly mode with his second greatest collaborator. One of my favourite comics ever.

PsychBat!

Banned
Finally read all the comics I wanted to read this week. Now I can come back here without being spoiled. Feels good to be back, for what it's worth to anyone.

Top 5 Comics of the Week (Brought to you by PsychBat!)
1. Southern Bastards #6
2. Amazing Spider-Man #11
3. Thor #3
4. Avengers #39
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #41

Dalek

Spider-verse team up #2 is my book of the week. I can't believe how fun that is. Miles Morales and Ultimate Spider-Man from TV try to convince 60's Spider-man to help them. It's hillarious.

sounds like i need to check out this issue, then!

sidenote Valiant cardstock is so good. I haven't read The Valiant #1 yet but it's weird that a new Paolo Riviera comic came out and none of us are talking about it

I thought Bitch Planet #1 was perrty good. Ended strongly,, curious to see what they do with it.

FBP: FEDERAL BUREAU OF PHYSICS #16 was a really good issues. There was some closure on Adams father, they explained why everything's happening with the physics and gravity shiiiit basically, and now there's a big "problem" they show you on the last page.
Just wish Rodriquez was penciling, It'd be perfect

Hey guys, I was trying to get into comics recently and was interested in some graphic novels to start off with. I'm open to anything but I would prefer stories with female protagonists kicking ass. I'm going to the library later today so any reccomendations are appreciated.

Zombine

Banned
Hey guys, I was trying to get into comics recently and was interested in some graphic novels to start off with. I'm open to anything but I would prefer stories with female protagonists kicking ass. I'm going to the library later today so any reccomendations are appreciated.

Velvet vol 1
iZombie vol 1-4
Power Girl: Power Trip
Black Canary-Zatana
Harley Quinn HC vol 1
Gotham City Sirens
Batgirl: Year One
The Life & Times of Martha Washington
Empowered
Alias
Lazarus
Captain Marvel

You also may enjoy X-Men by Brian Wood.

Velvet vol 1
iZombie vol 1-4
Power Girl: Power Trip
Black Canary-Zatana
Harley Quinn HC vol 1
Gotham City Sirens
Batgirl: Year One
The Life & Times of Martha Washington
Empowered
Alias
Lazarus
Captain Marvel

You also may enjoy X-Men by Brian Wood.
Thanks for the reccomendations brah. I'm going to check these out. I also have a subscription to marvel unlimited so I have access to that as well.

Shots Fired

jESlO5t.jpg

Lol ok dc
I'm sure JLd will be your GotG times a million

Oh wait it's literally the polar tonal opposite? Ok great good luck dudes. Go for like a total west coast rap soundtrack because detective chimp inherits a haunted low rider if you're looking for a hiply nichey soundtrack that looks good on a cassette.

"Ok so Zattanna clears out the Magic Castle but not in time for a possessed and temporarily evil The Demon to break through the front of the building and escape as he drops a sweet rap over the beat to 'it don't matter just don't bite it' by NWA"

Blockbuster status.

Godan

So I am looking at starting to get into comics. Want to get into some Marvel stuff. Where is the best place online in the UK to buy these?

So I am looking at starting to get into comics. Want to get into some Marvel stuff. Where is the best place online in the UK to buy these?

For Marvel stuff, my suggestion would be to get one month of Marvel Unlimited ($10), their subscription service. It has quite a bit of their back catalogue included. Read a little of everything and figure out what you like.

After that, you can either continue the Marvel Unlimited service or buy books online at amazon.co.uk or bookdepository.co.uk.

Cade

Although it's a cheap shot in a comic maybe six people are still reading (probably including Rafa's hate-reading), let's not beat around the bush.

Detective Chimp is waaaaaay better than Rocket Raccoon, and I really like Rocket Raccoon.

Godan

For Marvel stuff, my suggestion would be to get one month of Marvel Unlimited ($10), their subscription service. It has quite a bit of their back catalogue included. Read a little of everything and figure out what you like.

After that, you can either continue the Marvel Unlimited service or buy books online at amazon.co.uk or bookdepository.co.uk.

Thanks was looking into getting the Marvel Unlimited service so will go with that for now then.

Zombine

Banned
Thanks for the reccomendations brah. I'm going to check these out. I also have a subscription to marvel unlimited so I have access to that as well.

No problem. read X-Men by Brian Wood for free on there. Free is a good price for his run but it falls in line with what you might be looking for. I personally find the first 10 issues to be fun, but then it kinda goes nowhere.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Lol ok dc

Oh wait it's literally the polar tonal opposite? Ok great good luck dudes. Go for like a total west coast rap soundtrack because detective chimp inherits a haunted low rider if you're looking for a hiply nichey soundtrack that looks good on a cassette.

"Ok so Zattanna clears out the Magic Castle but not in time for a possessed and temporarily evil The Demon to break through the front of the building and escape as he drops a sweet rap over the beat to 'it don't matter just don't bite it' by NWA"

Blockbuster status.

what is happening here?

Lol ok dc

Yes, a director will put an ape in a major blockbuster in 201X and have it listen to rap.

That is totally something that will happen.

Lol ok dc

Blockbuster status.

Detective Chimp isn't even a part of JLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom