• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
How good can it be if Marvel cancelled it?

The-Superior-Foes-of-Spider-Man-page.jpg

Edit: Strangers In Paradise will be here on Saturday.

Parch

Savage Dragon #200 was released this week.
A significant milestone. Not a lot of titles have had the same writer over it's entire run.

Never read it and don't know anybody that does, but I found it interesting that Savage Dragon has characters that age in real time. So him and his family have aged 30 years over the life of the comic? I'm wondering how many comics have done this. The only other one I can think of would be the "For Better or For Worse" comic strip.

A significant milestone. Not a lot of titles have had the same writer over it's entire run.

Never read it and don't know anybody that does, but I found it interesting that Savage Dragon has characters that age in real time. So him and his family have aged 30 years over the life of the comic? I'm wondering how many comics have done this. The only other one I can think of would be the "For Better or For Worse" comic strip.

That's one of the things about Judge Dredd, is that it progresses in real-time. It started in 2099, its 2136 now. Mothafucka is 70 years old now, lol

dredd-70.png

Edit: oh yeah, Hellblazer #300 ended on old ass John's birthday didn't it

frye

Dredd ages in real time and so did John Constantine (who was nearing 60? when his comic ended).

Abby from Swamp Thing used to too but now she's young and hot again.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wait. I didn't say that.

I think what happened is I had clicked the quote button on one of your posts earlier, but then forgot to actually reply to it, then when I quoted Freeza's post I deleted everything between the end of Freeza's post and the top of your quote (but I'd forgotten your quote was there, so I thought it was the top of Freeza's quote). I saw that too and I was very confused at what was happening for a second. Haha

frye

I mean, you did buy a comic you hated every month for over a year and you own some of those issues 3 times over

Savage Dragon #200 was released this week. And Eric Larsen celebrated this by having Malcom Dragon's girlfriend move in with him, fuck him silly, then when they get interrupted by his step-sister Angel at the door, his girlfriend convinces her to make it a three way. Then Malcom and Angel go off and beat the shit out of random bad guys while Malcom remarks that his step sister has "great tits."

200 issues, folks!

looks like i'm returning to the shop today!

If you had one dream creative team on a character what would it be

Ennis/Parlov on Cable

Kipp

Nothing worse than being in such a bad place mentally that I don't want to read any comics.
If I don't want to read comics, what do I do with my day?

I might re-read Batman & Son though, since I don't mind re-reading stuff when I'm not fully in it mentally (since I don't need to fully appreciate it since I've already read it once, or in this case, twice. Wait, actually, I think it'll be the fourth time reading Batman & Son.)

Ennis/Parlov on Cable

I'd so read that.

fauxtrot

Banned
Nothing worse than being in such a bad place mentally that I don't want to read any comics.
If I don't want to read comics, what do I do with my day?

What's wrong, Kipperoni? Maybe it's time to turn on a good low-key movie and let your mind rest for a while. I recommend Chef (written/directed by and starring Jon Favreau)... it's a great, light, feel good kind of film about relearning to love your passion.

Kipp

What's wrong, Kipperoni? Maybe it's time to turn on a good low-key movie and let your mind rest for a while. I recommend Chef (written/directed by and starring Jon Favreau)... it's a great, light, feel good kind of film about relearning to love your passion.

Thanks for the recommendation! And I'll send you a PM; don't want to subject the rest of the thread to my gripes.

I don't think HIckman would be a good fit for the Guardians. Comedy is not his strong suit IMO, and I think Marvel will want someone with a more light-hearted sensibility.

Bendis won't leave for awhile, but if he does, it's going to be Soule. =(

fauxtrot

Banned
The Walking Dead #135 was another great issue, and this book has my anticipation building in ways it hasn't since before All Out War.
The Whisperers
have brought the horror back to this title in a big way and
Lydia's potential interaction with Carl
has me chomping at the bit to get #136 into my hands.

I don't think it'll be long before we get to see why sometimes you just need to kill a man dead.

frye

The Deadly Class guys on Teen Titans set in the past since Young Avengers probably took a contemporary teen cape comic as far as it could go.

Ugh, looks like Korupt passed on the flu. I missed work and have been sleeping almost all day. I did get to read Marvels and 1602 though. Enjoyed Marvels but 1602 fell a bit flat for me.

Fuck, I can't remember the last time I have been hit this hard by illness. I've just layed in bed for 3 days straight. My doctor note runs out tomorrow and I'm not even close to go back to work.

Riptwo

Yo, can't you emulate Android on that bad boy? I was under the impression that someone had made Android run within Windows and it made the Surface a much more usable device as a tablet. Let me know what you find out, because that's gonna be the dealbreaker on whether I purchase one (after the inevitable upgrade in a few months).
Sorry for the late reply, but I totally forgot that this was an option. I grabbed an Android emulator (Bluestacks), and it technically works, but it's kind of glitchy and it is a destroyer of all things battery.

Maybe there's a better option out there?

I would love to talk about it but ain't gonna talk about it.

It's a problem that is known but it's kind of like Starcraft only so many resources.

Edit: Had a meeting today with some folks and tried to champion something that would make you guys happy and I failed.

Lesson learned and next time I'll be better prepared.

You're with Comixology? Thanks for going to bat for us! I've been a huge proponent of the service since the beginning, but I've gotta admit that the Win 8 app is pretty disappointing in its current state.

I'd even be happy if just the download bug was fixed, despite the rest of the app being pretty far behind the other versions. As it stands though, it's kind of killed my impulse purchases, since I'm never even sure if I'm going to be able to read a title without some degree of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom