• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

What I want:

New creative teams on Flash and Green Lantern
Shazam
Plastic Man
Metal Men
Cyborn
Orion
Zatanna

What we'll get:
Batman League of Batman
Batman Corps
Batman/Batman
Gotham City Batman
Batman/Owl man
Infinity Batman and the Forever Batman
Batman Batman Batman

You have anyone in mind for Orion or just spitballing? just wondering cuz i can't think of anyone who i'd really want to see do any of the new gods honestly, except maaaaybe Morrison

tim1138

You have anyone in mind for Orion or just spitballing? just wondering cuz i can't think of anyone who i'd really want to see do any of the new gods honestly, except maaaaybe Morrison

Just spitballing because I know it won't happen.

Hickman

would do amazing things with the new gods

This would be amazing, and again, would never happen.

Serpentine said:
James Tynion IV

You are a terrible person and should feel ashamed for suggesting such a terrible thing.

What I want:

Shazam by Jeff Parker, Doc Shaner, and Jordie Bellaire
Plastic Man by Kyle Baker(yes, again)
Metal Men by anyone not named Dan Didio that Wednesday Comics story was woof
Cyborg by Geoff Johns and Geoff Darrow(will come out once a year, will be worth it)
Orion by Grant Morrison and Walter Simonson
Zatanna by Peter Milligan and Duncan Fegredo

What we'll get:
Batman League of Batman by Scott Snyder and some other nigga
Batman Corps by jobbers on GLC currently
Batman/Batman by Batman and Batman
Gotham City Batman by YOU THE LUCKY CITIZENS ONCE A MONTH!
Batman/Owlman by JMS and Sean Murphy(now you'll have to read this mwahaha)
Infinity Batman and the Forever Batman by Dan Didio lololol
Batman Batman Batman by Chris Sims

sounds about right

I can't name too many writers out there right now that can take on more books for DC.

Azzarello is available after Futures End.
Tom King could maybe take on another book.
Geoff Johns has a 2 book limit with Superman and Justice League so he would have to drop one of those.
Grant Morrison could do something but I doubt it.

DONIE! Welcome back, man! It's great to see you again!

I just read the Criminal series a couple months ago for the first time. It really is very compelling. I loved how Brubaker made the series more about the characters than the plot. He basically just used various criminal activities as a backdrop to play out his character dramas and flesh out some great characters.

And just talking about it, I feel really compelled to read a noir comic. Gonna have to look at my shelf and see what will fit the bill.

Haha ,cheers man, I'm digging that avatar you're rocking! Totally agreed on your thoughts about criminal. IMO, that's really crucial to any crime/noir story. I mean, I am a huge crime genre fan but honestly, there's only so many entertaining actual crime/heist/murders you can tell, it's VERY rare someone comes along and brings something new to the table in that way, most of it has been done before. So it'll always be through great character that these books succeed, and Bru totally nails it.

Did you end up digging anything off your shelf?

What I want:

Shazam
Plastic Man
Metal Men
Cyborg
Orion
Zatanna

What we'll get:
Batman League of Batman
Batman Corps
Batman/Batman
Gotham City Batman
Batman/Owlman
Batman Batman Batman
tim, won't you get in trouble for spoiling DC's plans? I'd hate for you to lose your job; might want to edit that.

Seems like a Zatanna book would be really popular here.

What about if it was drawn by Amanda Conner.

I'd squeeeee so loudly you'd hear me where you are.

I'd love to see some of these

Shazam
Booster Gold
Zatanna
Booster Gold + Blue Beetle team up book
Power Girl
Tim Drake solo book

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Haha ,cheers man, I'm digging that avatar you're rocking! Totally agreed on your thoughts about criminal. IMO, that's really crucial to any crime/noir story. I mean, I am a huge crime genre fan but honestly, there's only so many entertaining actual crime/heist/murders you can tell, it's VERY rare someone comes along and brings something new to the table in that way, most of it has been done before. So it'll always be through great character that these books succeed, and Bru totally nails it.

Did you end up digging anything off your shelf?

Thanks!
And yeah, good point. Though the crime/heist/murder stuff was also fantastic in Criminal. I always looked forward to finding out how they were going to pull off whatever crime. I should read some other Brubaker creator-owned stuff sometime.

And I did, kind of. I grabbed Dark Knight Returns off my shelf, because that seemed like it would hit the spot and I've been wanting to re-read it for a long time now. I read a few pages and then realized reading comics wasn't gonna happen. The past week my mind just hasn't been up to focusing on stuff and my comics reading has suffered massively for it.

Also, since you're a horror fan, have you read any Hellblazer?

Zombine

Banned
Honestly, with the amount of cash I waste on bullshit we need Kipp's to balance us out. If they didn't exist none of ya'll would ever get your hands on special editions, chase figures, or numbered merch.

What I want:

Shazam
Plastic Man
Metal Men
Cyborg
Orion
Zatanna

What we'll get:
Batman League of Batman
Batman Corps
Batman/Batman
Gotham City Batman
Batman/Owlman
Batman Batman Batman

You guys are all forgetting Batman vs. Batman

Zombine

Banned
Well, at least she's naked.

SS035_2.jpg

Yo, this Cowboy Bebop Set makes Aniplex Blu-Ray releases look like a god damn joke.

Edit: The vehicles and equipment in that sketchbook.

Obama-sweating.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I need Kipp to be my accountant.

I really do wish I had some sort of financial credentials so that I could get a job as some sort of financial consultant or something. Alas.

Honestly, with the amount of cash I waste on bullshit we need Kipp's to balance us out. If they didn't exist none of ya'll would ever get your hands on special editions, chase figures, or numbered merch.

Yeah. YEAH. You're welcome, guys.

ElNarez

Banned
Man I hope they didn't fucking went into my brain Inception-style to steal their take on
Donna Troy
from me, and okay it kinda looks like they didn't, BUT STILL. What I had was:

so remember when Hera had forsaken the amazons and turned them all into snakes and made Hippolyta a statue of clay and Diana was revealed as Zeus' daughter and stuff? Okay, so my idea was: knowing Hera was gosh darn pissed off, and in despair, she molded a baby out of clay while begging the gods to take pity on her, which they do, but only kind of, because they give live to the baby and let her be turned to clay and then, Athena raises the baby (and okay that was before the final reveal that Athena was alive all along, sue me) and she's named Donna Troi, with an I because it sounds cooler, and yeah in an ironic twist her new origin is Wonder Woman's classic origin IT'S WHY IT'S A HOT TAKE or is it if Meredith gosh darn Finch has also come up with it

kmfdmpig

I'd squeeeee so loudly you'd hear me where you are.

I'd love to see some of these

Shazam
Booster Gold
Zatanna
Booster Gold + Blue Beetle team up book
Power Girl
Tim Drake solo book

Other than the Tim Drake one that's the list I would have as well. One thing that's interesting is that for each to work they'd need to get the tone right (not grimdark).

Man I hope they didn't fucking went into my brain Inception-style to steal their take on
Donna Troy
from me, and okay it kinda looks like they didn't, BUT STILL. What I had was:

so remember when Hera had forsaken the amazons and turned them all into snakes and made Hippolyta a statue of clay and Diana was revealed as Zeus' daughter and stuff? Okay, so my idea was: knowing Hera was gosh darn pissed off, and in despair, she molded a baby out of clay while begging the gods to take pity on her, which they do, but only kind of, because they give live to the baby and let her be turned to clay and then, Athena raises the baby (and okay that was before the final reveal that Athena was alive all along, sue me) and she's named Donna Troi, with an I because it sounds cooler, and yeah in an ironic twist her new origin is Wonder Woman's classic origin IT'S WHY IT'S A HOT TAKE or is it if Meredith gosh darn Finch has also come up with it
Didn't
clay statue Hippolyta get broken into pieces last issue?
I remember hearing about that... So, how much you wanna bet that the spell used to
create Donna here involves using some of that broken clay?

frye

you guys were waiting for zombine who LIED about when his book would come and now the comicsgaf strangers in paradise simul-read is going the way of the comicsgaf podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom