• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I was under the impression that we were starting on the 19th. But I can't remember why we were waiting that long.

Because I asked you to push it to the 19th so I can get my copy, but I ordered it that night and it came in like a day so now I'm waiting lol.

Blame me its my fault.

you guys were waiting for zombine who LIED about when his book would come and now the comicsgaf strangers in paradise simul-read is going the way of the comicsgaf podcast

we all blamed kipp, when truly the enemy of ComicsGAF was Zombine all along

its like when they bopped Darkseid at the end of Final Crisis and the Anti-Monitor popped up as the real villain

I was under the impression that we were starting on the 19th. But I can't remember why we were waiting that long.

you guys were waiting for zombine who LIED about when his book would come and now the comicsgaf strangers in paradise simul-read is going the way of the comicsgaf podcast

It doesn't bother me either way. Though tomorrow is new comic day, so I'd like to wait until Thursday or Friday. Either is fine.

I also got my IST package yesterday and started True Story Swear To God. Really digging it. Promethea was in the box, too. And I picked up Gundam Origin Vol. VIII from the book store. Too much good comics!

Yo, this Cowboy Bebop Set makes Aniplex Blu-Ray releases look like a god damn joke.

Edit: The vehicles and equipment in that sketchbook.

Obama-sweating.jpg

God dammit I hate you so much right now.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Maybe Kipp think it costs money to start a thread, looks like he has never started one.

Sorry Kipp, couldn't resist.

:p

NotTheGuyYouKill must be a total BALLER.

Because I asked you to push it to the 19th so I can get my copy, but I ordered it that night and it came in like a day so now I'm waiting lol.

Blame me its my fault.

Aaaaah. So that was it. Haha
It's no problem. I haven't been in a comics-reading mood lately anyways, so the delay worked out well for me. :p

It doesn't bother me either way. Though tomorrow is new comic day, so I'd like to wait until Thursday or Friday. Either is fine.

I also got my IST package yesterday and started True Story Swear To God. Really digging it. Promethea was in the box, too. And I picked up Gundam Origin Vol. VIII from the book store. Too much good comics!

Yeah, I'll probably still go with the 19th since that's what I've been saying and because tomorrow is new comics day. So yeah, 19th is the official SiP starting date. The OT will go up on the 18th and I'll link it here, obviously.

And glad to hear you're digging True Story Swear to God! That's almost definitely going in my next IST order.

its like when they bopped Darkseid at the end of Final Crisis and the Anti-Monitor popped up as the real villain

I like how I'm Darkseid in this metaphor.
It gives me another excuse to post my proudest moment as a comics superstar artist:

And glad to hear you're digging True Story Swear to God! That's almost definitely going in my next IST order.

It's a very charming book. Easy to love. The two books gketter posted in his pic earlier in the month are everything that's been collected in trade… The second volume of the series did go on further in floppy form, and I managed to order issues 7-13 from Midtown Comics yesterday. I think that's all that was ever published.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It's a very charming book. Easy to love. The two books gketter posted in his pic earlier in the month are everything that's been collected in trade… The second volume of the series did go on further in floppy form, and I managed to order issues 7-13 from Midtown Comics yesterday. I think that's all that was ever published.

Cool! I'm looking forward to it.
And good to know. I'll probably just start with that 500-ish page TPB and go from there.

Owzers

I'm trying to get caught up on Aaron's Thor to the relaunch, read up to issue #23 now. So far it's a fairly good arc with two problems: the environmental stuff hurts because corporations are paying off politicians in the real world and the big future fight isn't depicted very well.

Kinda off topic but I just caught up watching Ultimate Spiderman and had me wondering.

Why is the gender reversed universe version of Spider-Man "Spider-Girl"?
Shouldn't she be the Spider-Woman because even if Spiderwoman existed in that universe she would just be Spider-Man

Glad you digged it. Maybe I'll need to track down the floppies too.

Dalek

I just read all of Young Avengers 2013 and I fucking loved it. It kills me that the book is over. So many great characters! I miss them already.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just read all of Young Avengers 2013 and I fucking loved it. It kills me that the book is over. So many great characters! I miss them already.

I am a little bit worried about the book. I should recive the Omnibus today but I didnt enjoyed the Original Sin Issues that much...

Seriously though, any news on Hawkeye 21??? It's still comin' in like January or whatever right?........................right guys...........................?

I'm sorry bro. Fraction is too busy not giving a fuck about his corporate gigs to actually work on them.

Please look forward to "I dunno, Hawkmale sits around and some guys say bro and oh I guess the girl with sunglasses drives a car in sunglasses #21" in 2016.

Looks like DCBS shipped my Death statue . :D

They've had my Batman Black & White Harley Quinn "filled" for like 2 damn weeks,, But I have a Animated Batman figure that's holing it up from shipping.

Also... I reaallyyy think and want to start ordering most of my books through DCBS.
Figured id pick up my favorites from my LCS, order the main bulk from DCBS.. just getting to be too much $ too many books. Either that or start dropping more books. "Trade wait"

tim1138

It was good? I was scared it would get burried after Pax.

It was fantastic. While iy couldn't be further away from Pax tonally if it tried, the issue is a loving homage to classic Captain Marvel stories. Stewart's art and Fairbairn's colors set the tone perfectly. I had a grin on my face the entire time I was reading it, it's just a fun comic book through and through.

I put in my first DCBS order for my monthly comics.
Kind of trying it out.. getting 15 of my 33 subscription books from DCBS.

...Plus all my impulse / #1 buys
SUICIDERS #1
NAMELESS #1
THE SURFACE #1
BITCH PLANET #3
RASPUTIN #3
RUMBLE #3
SPIDER GWEN #1 * 2 COVERS
SILK #1
STAR WARS #2
DARTH VADER #1
POWERS #3
BLACK HOOD #1 *2 COVERS
SHAFT #3
CURB STOMP #1
MULTIVERSITY #1 DIRECTOR CUT

With all the shit I order it came to $132.. With DCBS discount the subtotal is $80

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I finally got time to read the Spider-Man Vs: Wolverine Crossover, that takes place in east berlin.

Really liked the book, it had a great, dark atmosphere and I really had to think of Millers/Claremonts "Wolverine" mini. To bad that it was rather short, but it was really a very good read. It was also very interesting to see Spidey in Germany.

What I cant understand is, that comic writers are so super lazy with the german language. I have the feeling that german is the most used language in superhero comics next to english, but almost nobody seems to give more effort in it than a short Google Translator use, which fucks up the grammer almost everytime.

Its no big think since its often just some minios shouting stuff, but if you have ordinary people speaking longer sentences, it just feels very wrong :D

Batman #37 read like a fever dream. Felt like pages were missing and the staging in the issue's key scene
(the isolation ward)
was off and unclear. I was expecting
some variant of "it was all a hallucination" to be the ending.

What I did like was the whole It vibe I got. Snyder's clearly a Stephen King fan.

Batman #37 read like a fever dream. Felt like pages were missing and the staging in the issue's key scene
(the isolation ward)
was off and unclear. I was expecting
some variant of "it was all a hallucination" to be the ending.

What I did like was the whole It vibe I got. Snyder's clearly a Stephen King fan.
I take that to mean
Joker is now Pennywise?

Grrr, Still waiting for my IST order to ship from Friday... Damn, maybe I just shouldn't have ordered Y The Last Man Vol. 2

Just jokin, calm down

tim1138

Batman and Robin was solid, I really enjoy Pat Gleason's take on Darkseid and Apokolips. Nice little cliffhanger at the end as well.

Looks like the Finches Wonder Woman continues to be trash. God please let them get canned asap
But that final page brah.

Man with all these bums writing comics, I just want my shot. If anyone has Didio's or Axel's email let me know. There are people out there that need to be humbled.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Batman and Robin was solid, I really enjoy Pat Gleason's take on Darkseid and Apokolips. Nice little cliffhanger at the end as well.

Pat Gleason's is really damn good, man. He's been honing his stuff on Batman & Robin and it really shows. I'd love to see him experiment more with his style, maybe on non-cape books.

tim1138

Pat Gleason's is really damn good, man. He's been honing his stuff on Batman & Robin and it really shows. I'd love to see him experiment more with his style, maybe on non-cape books.

I always liked his GLC stuff back in the day as well, dude is just consistently solid.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
There's a 14-page claustrophobic, bloody as shit fight scene in Zero this week

just a heads-up on that front

I'm excited. The fights in Zero are usually uncomfortable and personal and ruthless and anxiety-inducing. I'm glad that the book holds nothing back.

When are y'all gonna post your year's best lists?

There's a couple books I'm eying for Christmas Eve, so probably sometime after and before the new year.

Actually making my GOTY list right now, I'll link you to that if you're a fan of lengthy self-indulgent write-ups

edit: or I might just post it early, don't quote this post pretend you didn't see it

Batman 37. This is a creepy Batman story. When Snyder says in interviews that the Joker is done playing games, he means it. The Joker is just flat out demented now. If Snyder nails the landing, this may go down as one of the best Joker stories. It really is showing a side of Joker we haven't really seen.

Filthy Slug

When are y'all gonna post your year's best lists?
Next week at some point. Got some time off so I can think about important shit, like which issue of Zero was my favorite, and which issue of Grayson presented the best Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom