• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the first few issues of All-New X-men, I'm really liking it right now. Bringing in the past X-men is a lot cooler of an idea than I first thought.

The only work I've read by Bendis is Ultimate Spider-man and these issues of All New X-men. I've heard that he is screwing up GotG right now, but what is the general consensus on his writing? Of what I've read, I think he's pretty enjoyable.

Good to great on solo books, bad on team books because all his characters sound like him having a conversation with himself.

fauxtrot

Banned
I have 17 comics tomorrow and only 2 the following week.

Damn, son. Did you post your list earlier? The only thing I won't want to wait to read next week is Harley. My list is:

Catwoman Annual #2
Gotham By Midnight #2
Harley Quinn #13

(Weirdly enough, all three are DC titles! That doesn't happen to me very often.)

Damn, son. Did you post your list earlier? The only thing I will honestly regret not reading til next week is Harley. My list is:

Catwoman Annual #2
Gotham By Midnight #2
Harley Quinn #13

(Weirdly enough, all three are DC titles! That doesn't happen very often.)

AQUAMAN #37 $2.99
ARKHAM MANOR #3 $2.99
BATMAN ANNUAL #3 $4.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #38 $2.99
CATWOMAN ANNUAL #2 $4.99
DEATHSTROKE #3 $2.99
GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #2 $2.99
GRAYSON ANNUAL #1 $4.99
HARLEY QUINN #13 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #34 (WEEKLY) $2.99
ROBIN RISES ALPHA #1 $4.99
SUPERMAN #37 $3.99
SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN #14 $3.99
BLACK SCIENCE #11 (MR) $3.99
OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #6 (MR) $2.99
REVIVAL #26 (MR) $2.99
MEMETIC #3 $4.99

Guys where has Bii been recently? I don't think I gave seen him posting. Hope he is OK.

He's been around. I saw him in the Funko thread last week.

Lol Messi if you don't get it you need to turn in your membership from the ComicGAF ballers club. What would Freeza or Cheska think?

Do it, Messi. I just ordered the Bombshell Black Canary statue last night for $100. And if they make statues of Batwoman and Katana Bombshells, I'll buy those too. I've got dollars to spend and no fucks to give.

I don't know if I could face going into a shop and actually buying that filth with the clerk watching and everything.

I use the internet to buy things I'm too ashamed to cop to being interested in.

bro

bro seriously

9985806893-9e178.jpg

8676971675-a648d.jpg

0102219224-1e66a.jpg

seriously bro

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yay, holidays. I don't have to report back to work till the 5th of Jan.

Now this is a list I can understand. Great choices!

I'm not going to be putting together a list I don't think. It'd essentially be my Top 10 favorite comics in general, since 99% of the comics I've ever read I read this year.

noticed Aja has an inker, Raul Allen, for the first time on this run, I guess in an failed attempt to lessen his workload(lol). He previously inked some great work he did on Ellis' Secret Avengers

also noticed the safe on the second page, shit was kinda the smoking gun they left hanging back on issue #9. What the hell is in there, and I'm hoping Red comes back with Katie in #22.

hawkeye-9-keep-safe.jpg

Also #22 is 30 pages so lmaaaaaaaaaaaao looking forward to that in December 2015

Hey comicsgaf <3, I need your educated opinion.
I'm a comics newbie, I started reading Marvel stuff this summer with MU, still reading right now and I'm having a blast. In the past the only comics I ever read were Batman Year One and TDKR. I just noticed comixology's DC sale and wanted to get one of those collections, but I'm not sure which one. For someone with a (very) limited expertise on DC characters and storyarcs (I only know some guys from the movies or the arkham games) would you suggest The Long Halloween or Final Crisis? Any other collection more worthy than those? I'm choosing between those two because they're pretty long for the price and because I'm getting to know both Loeb and Grant Morrison and I really liked what I read from them so far (the spider-man/daredevil/hulk "colors" series and new x-men, respectively) but I'm open to alternatives. I'm just afraid some collections might prove too impenetrable for someone not really at home with DC superheroes.
Thanks!

The Long Halloween, the Killing Joke and All-Star Superman are must-reads. Court of Owls is great too and as a newbie you should enjoy Hush as well.

fauxtrot

Banned
Welp, I'm glad I decided not to start reading Hawkeye again until it's all released and collected. The first trade was great, but I'm in no rush.

If I was reading issue to issue, though, I'd be pissed.

Welp, I'm glad I decided not to start reading Hawkeye again until it's all released and collected. The first trade was great, but I'm in no rush.

If I was reading issue to issue, though, I'd be pissed.

I've been meaning to pick up the first trade for ages after getting #1 for free. Guess I'll just wait until the omnibus is out now.

frye

Speaking of delayed comics, Ultimates v1 still reads pretty well today. It's still very early-2000s but I think it helps that no one is making these kinds of comics anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom