• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Kipp & GK I actually took time out of my day to read SiP and I'm basically in love with the book. I'll be able to catch up by early tomorrow morning if I keep this up.

Messi

Kipp & GK I actually took time out of my day to read SiP and I'm basically in love with the book. I'll be able to catch up by early tomorrow morning if I keep this up.

It's a really quick read once you get a feel for it. Still so much to go though which is great.

Zombine

Banned
It's a really quick read once you get a feel for it. Still so much to go though which is great.

I'm getting the Walking Dead itch with this series. I can burn through 20 issues in a day if I get on a roll. I really love all of the faces in this book.

I have no idea. The omnibus is really badly numbered. My one complaint. I'd say 2-3 days ahead.

Yeah, some pages say "to be continued..." and some pages are formatted as obvious chapter breaks, but other times it's really hard to tell.
I'm halfway through book one :O
…

I'm getting the Walking Dead itch with this series. I can burn through 20 issues in a day if I get on a roll. I really love all of the faces in this book.

Yea everytime i start to read i feel the urge to curl up and binge read it. Its actually how i read most of it when i first discovered it. The only thing that stopped me then was it was still ongoing and I ran out of trades!

But i am having fun doing the daily recaps. Pulling an AV Club style review of the events is a fun way to "chew my food" if you will with the series. Be able to pause and reflect on each set of events, etc. Otherwise i'd just go full binge reading.

Plus rereading it has reminded me that its even better than i remember. Not something that happens often

IST delivery.
wHtSBtO.jpg

IST delivery.

Good haul! Pre 52 Jonah Hex is the best Western comics i've ever read (not county Preacher which is sort of western)

Also Rachael Rising. Very good.

Edit: Also Attention all new SiP fans and Terry Moore fans in general. Make sure to snag the complete omnibus of his follow up series Echo. In that series its his take on sci-fi and super heroes. Again great characters, art, and action. 30 issues for $30 on IST

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Abstract-Studio/TERRY-MOORES-ECHO-COMPLETE-ED-SC/MAY110780

Here is the description:
Julie is in the wrong place at the wrong time when an explosion in the sky rains liquid metal that sticks to her and becomes a symbiotic armor. When Julie discovers the metal is a prototype nuclear weapon, she runs rather than give it back to the army, and the chase is on! Winner of the Harvey Award for 'Best New Series', Terry Moore's critically acclaimed sci-fi series is available at last, from high-flying beginning to earth-shattering end - all 30 issues in one complete volume!

arkon

Ordered Sunstone, Stray Bullets Uber Allies Edition, and Stray Bullets: Innocence of Nihilism as my IST order this week.

We're still doing Stray Bullets for Book Club #2, right?

How come you bought that? It's the same material as in the Uber Alles edition i.e. issues 1-7 of the series. The new stuff will be in the Killers TPB

How come you bought that? It's the same material as in the Uber Alles edition i.e. issues 1-7 of the series. The new stuff will be in the Killers TPB

Is it? I thought that was the first trade of the new series. Oh well, if not, then someone is getting a gift.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I have no idea. The omnibus is really badly numbered. My one complaint. I'd say 2-3 days ahead.

For real. No issue numbers or page numbers. My only complaint as well.

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am!

IST delivery.

Yesss. Preacher.
Also, that Sin City TPB has a great aesthetic.

Edit: Also Attention all new SiP fans and Terry Moore fans in general. Make sure to snag the complete omnibus of his follow up series Echo. In that series its his take on sci-fi and super heroes. Again great characters, art, and action. 30 issues for $30 on IST

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Abstract-Studio/TERRY-MOORES-ECHO-COMPLETE-ED-SC/MAY110780

Definitely planning to read that sometime after Strangers in Paradise.

Maybe down the line, but Bone: One Volume Edition needs to be my next buy. I think I have to buy it from Amazon since IST seems to be sold out. Also, I'm a sucker for art books... Is The Art of Bone worth picking up as well?

fauxtrot

Banned

Thanks for the heads up... I've never heard of that series, just SiP and RR. On a similar note, the next time I need to pad out an order to get free shipping at IST, I'm tossing this in:

frye

Is the Stray Bullets omnibus still readily available? I need to pick that up if we are gonna have that be the next Book Club entry. I've been wanting to read it for a long time... and maybe it'll convince a few more people to pick up the upcoming single issues.

It is for now but it's only getting the one printing so once it's gone it's gone. The trades are being rer-eleased though and technically you can hop onto Stray Bullets at any issue.

Messi

Thanks for the heads up... I've never heard of that series, just SiP and RR. On a similar note, the next time I need to pad out an order to get free shipping at IST, I'm tossing this in:

Those feet look pretty warm to me.

Oh god the original art for one of my favorite SiP pages is up for sale on the SiP website. $425 tho. (legit SiP spoiler but the book club is past it)
it's the one with Katchoo and Emma talking about the snow in the hospital :(

Cheska

Canceled my BBTS order, got it from a private seller, arrived damaged, got a refund for initial order, and re-ordered from BBTS :/

So lesson learned, aye?

I ordered my Death statue from DCBS and they shipped it in a pretty huge box compared to the size of the actual packaging. Plenty of packing peanuts, too.

Cheska

So lesson learned, aye?

I ordered my Death statue from DCBS and they shipped it in a pretty huge box compared to the size of the actual packaging. Plenty of packing peanuts, too.

The statue was well packaged, the box didn't look beat up and there was plenty of material inside to keep it secure. It's not like I didn't get a refund. Just sucks I have to wait another week to get my new one :( It did look amazing though, and it's probably one of my favorite bombshells thus far.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Had no idea that existed. I need to probably pick that up. Not a huge fan of pin-up stuff, but absolutely love Moore's art.

Oh god the original art for one of my favorite SiP pages is up for sale on the SiP website. $425 tho. (legit SiP spoiler but the book club is past it)
it's the one with Katchoo and Emma talking about the snow in the hospital :(

Buy buy buy

Finally bought some more shelving so I could get stuff off the floor and have a proper storage.

The collection slowly grows~

Goddamn I wish my collection looked this nice. Sometimes I regret buying smaller trades rather than deluxe hardcovers/omnis/absolutes and then transitioning to better collections. Im mad jelly right now

Huh, I didn't realize G Willow Wilson also wrote Air.

Air sucked.

I thought Air started pretty well but I think it fell apart around issue 11ish. I don't recall exactly it's been a while but I'm fairly certain I never finished it. Which I guess is a long winded way of saying I don't disagree with your conclusion.

Goddamn I wish my collection looked this nice. Sometimes I regret buying smaller trades rather than deluxe hardcovers/omnis/absolutes and then transitioning to better collections. Im mad jelly right now

I usually try to go for larger versions if I can but if I already have a number of tpbs I'll generally just stick to them like with Chew. I suppose after the first 3 tpbs I could have double dipped to the deluxe and stopped the trades but at the time I didn't know Image's usual release pattern. Now I generally hold out until something is gonna be d/ced or it's clear there will not be an oversized/deluxe before grabbing new series in trades. Like I don't have any of the post Ultimatum stuff (other than USM) at all really because it never released in anything but TPB (and because apparently it wasn't great is also a factor). I'll probably have to fill in the punisher volumes with tpbs because of financial restrictions (at least vol 4) which will irritate me to no end but oh well.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Personal top five comics of 2014:

1. Saga - I'll read anything Vaughan writes. I'm ready for a movie or tv series.

2. Rat Queens - regardless of the artist change, one of the most entertaining reads.

3. Ms. Marvel - great debut followed by consistency. One of my first reads any time it releases.

4. Southern Bastards - one the most surprising comics. Heartbreaking at times.

5. Shutter - started this series after finding it in the $1 bin at my local shop. One of the best finds that entered my comics rotation and highly underrated.

Others: Rocket Raccoon, Silver Surfer, Batman, Wytches, The Wake, American Vampire, Deadly Class, Black Science, Avengers/New Avengers, and Spiderman 2099. Lots of fun reads this year.

Probably dropping God Hates Astronauts, Spider-Woman, and Guardians 3000 soon.

Just caught up with Southern Bastards.

Good God, I wasn't ever expecting to feel proper... Sympathy for Coach Boss.

:(

Also Wytches continues to be creepy as balls.

Brian Wood's Moon Knight is growing on me, but the heavy political stuff was eh. Just monologuing about the UN, lol. Felt like a first year Uni student that just smoked some pot and got mad about the UN.

Spector's doc is a terrible Moon Knight. Say what you will about Marc, but he doesn't use innocent people as brainwashed assassins.

Love the art though and that everyone thinks Mark Spector is a smelly nut.

He's drawn to look smelly.

The fill in artist for Punisher 13 draws the tough as nails female soldier as looking like a 16 year old girl.

:

There's one cover (or variant? I don't remember) for Ant-Man with Janice on it! I hope she's a reoccurring character in it :'( that's not gonna happen....

Well, Lang and Janet aren't a thing, right?

r1ILSsz.png

Ms. Marvel OHC comes out Aug 2015. Collects issues #1-#11.

Also, Powers Omnibus 1, collecting #1-#37 in July. (<-- After looking at the quality of Powers Definitive vol 1 and the Alias omnibus, I won't be getting this... I think)

Ms. Marvel OHC comes out Aug 2015. Collects issues #1-#11.

Also, Powers Omnibus 1, collecting #1-#37 in July. (<-- After looking at the quality of Powers Definitive vol 1 and the Alias omnibus, I won't be getting this... I think)

link pls

Did Marvel release a list of collected editions for next year?

Or is this Amazon hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom