• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

VanWinkle

DC trade times are so shit too. I'm still waiting on Batman Endgame to hit paperback (all my other batmans are paperback...consistency y'all)

Gordon is the new Batman and he's in a mech suit you say? I'll find out about that in 2 years.

Hell when grayson went back to gotham city I was so confused.

Yup. Can't stand how long DC takes.

DC trade times are so shit too. I'm still waiting on Batman Endgame to hit paperback (all my other batmans are paperback...consistency y'all)

Gordon is the new Batman and he's in a mech suit you say? I'll find out about that in 2 years.

Hell when grayson went back to gotham city I was so confused.

Yep it sucks. It's a large part of why I don't own many New 52 trades. Got some Batman, some Batwoman, and the Shazam trade and that's it.

Tizoc

I'm surprised no one's used Simon Dark in the Bat books yet
944751.jpg

He's like the modern era's Brother Power the Geek except Gotham City-fied.

Sometimes yeah. It's a character flaw, but the good he's done far outweighs the bad. Calling him self-righteous when he served under Xavier? Please. He finally kicked Xavier's ass out so the X-Men and their students could actually survive for once.

My entire knowledge of Cyclops is based off the VERY early X-Men comics I'm currently reading, mixed with the 90s Cartoon and the Singer movie... oh wait...

Cyclops is an amazing character that Marvel loves to throw to the dogs to play off of that 90's cartoon/Singer movie fanbase hate bashing he gets

enjoyed the morrison run of xmen. did not like the whedon one nearly as much.

i need to read the claremont stuff for sure once i get a marvel subscription again, since it seems to have set the foundation. i love the singer movies so much and the cartoon is cheesy but endearing imo.

Mindwipe

To the surprise of LITERALLY NOBODY, I loved the hell out of the trailer. Editing was a little awkward, but I'm chalking that up to them cutting up and splicing together scenes to avoid giving anything in its entirety.

The stuff towards the beginning, with Clark and Bruce sniping at each other? GOLD.

Yeah, I liked that a lot. Affleck actually looks like he's going to be great at what they're going for.

I enjoyed the trailer a lot.

were is that list of PSN usernames?
Found it, I don't know how updated it is.
Im going to print this list out and actually add some people....
I think,, one of these days

ThyMusicMan = TruKill420
KoruptData = KoruptData
Messi = RemyWilde
Freezasaurus = Freezasaurus
Cheska = Cheska19
GrandHarrier = GrandHarrier
Tyrant Rave = PR1M3R1B
Bii = Socheata
Gketter = DarkKnight77
Slightconfuse = THESLIGHTCONFUSE
Espi = SirRobes
Sca2511 = sca2511
Gipsy Danger = fenix1989uk
Shin Johnpv = ShinJohnpv or Shin Johnpv
CorporateClown = CorporateClown
Supermanisdead = Supermanizdead
Sillymonkey321 = Owzers
WadiumArcadium = WadiumArcadium
Tizoc = tizoc789
Jedeye Sniv = JedeyeSniv
MG310 = MG310
Voror = MrDresden
Face It Tiger.. = Biggz124
ViktVaughn = VikVaughn
Tim1138 = tim1138
Kikarian = Kikarian
Indigo_cyclops = Indigo_cyclops
Serpentine = SerpentineZero

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I realize that my comment in there came off as sarcasm but man... people complaining about the editing of the trailer but still say that they'll see it is not negativity.

That isn't who I'm on about though, it's the people hating on the tiniest thing and stating that beyond all doubt the movie will be shit

Plastic Man has really grown on me and I am really enjoying it. A few issues in, the more satirical and absurdist side of it has been pushed forward with the Jim Carrey slapstick getting toned down a bit. The monks were hilarious, and so was the resolution to the whole arc.

Started on the second arc too. I am ready for Baker's Batman to become the canonical version.

Also, does anyone know what is going on with the collections?

TPB 1 contains #1-#6.
TPB 2 contains #8-#11 and #13-#14

As for BvS trailer, was rather uninteresting. (
Till the last few seconds. That got me super hyped
).

Sadist

You don't deserve things because you don't like mutants and Carol Danvers

Also on the above post, the young Cyclops ongoing was shockingly fun.

Edir: takes a guy with a DC avatar to apreciate mah mutants, fuck my life
Young Cyclops run was great fun, sad it ended. Made me give a shit again about Cykes. Plus I liked his dynamic with Corsair.

As for Morrison Cyclops, he has some awesome stuff going on. Still like the part where he gets drunk on champaign (lol) and tries to best Wolverine through drinking. Loved it.

As for the Batman v Superman trailer, well, it's Snyder allright. I've never been a fan of his movies in general. I only really enjoyed Dawn of the Dead remake and while it's nice, I still prefer the original.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So...Is Cyclops dead?

Say it ain't so :(

FUCK the X-Men in that case. He saved them, he saved all mutants.

Spent the last few days reading all of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers.

God damn.

Cap why you so wrong? Tony why you such a dick? T'Challa and Namor why you so weak

Great story, serious planning must have gone into this.

Doom to the rescue is amazing, fuck you Reed.

First 2 issues of Secret Wars up on MU too, gunna read them and every tie in I can get my hands on.

Loved the reference to the Council of Reeds lobotimising a bunch of Doom's

Slizz

Bond #2 was much better than #1, the art is real nice in it... Hopefully it really picks up from here since its only a 6 issue arc.

Gonna go pick up Sheriff of Babylon, premise seems solid and it could be pretty good with King and Gerads.

Plastic Man has really grown on me and I am really enjoying it. A few issues in, the more satirical and absurdist side of it has been pushed forward with the Jim Carrey slapstick getting toned down a bit. The monks were hilarious, and so was the resolution to the whole arc.

Started on the second arc too. I am ready for Baker's Batman to become the canonical version.

Also, does anyone know what is going on with the collections?

TPB 1 contains #1-#6.
TPB 2 contains #8-#11 and #13-#14

As for BvS trailer, was rather uninteresting. (
Till the last few seconds. That got me super hyped
).
7 and 12 were filler issues done by Scott Morse, so they probably just excluded them. The series goes up to 20 issues in total but I don't think there was a third trade.

Spent the last few days reading all of Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers.

God damn.

Cap why you so wrong? Tony why you such a dick? T'Challa and Namor why you so weak

Great story, serious planning must have gone into this.

Doom to the rescue is amazing, fuck you Reed.

First 2 issues of Secret Wars up on MU too, gunna read them and every tie in I can get my hands on.

Loved the reference to the Council of Reeds lobotimising a bunch of Doom's
The beginning is slow, but when it starts rolling the train never stops.

Is Shazam: Monster Society of Evil good? What can I expect from that book?

It's pretty good but I'm a huge fan of the character. Kind of a light hearted traditional story but not specifically tailored for kids (think there was an innuendo or two), one of the few great Shazam stories that doesn't involve Black Adam.

I dunno why DC takes so long to release trades, I was hoping they'd be quicker with the DCYou ones, I was under the impression that DC does very well with trade sales, but maybe that's because of stuff like Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns that carries a lot of weight with more casual readers.

Messi

Batwoman is still picked and not shipped for the 4th time in 3 weeks. Why do you keep teasing me dcbs. Pls.

I don't think anyone has liked Cyclops. Ever. He's just a natural self righteous arsehole.

Says absolutely no one that actually reads comic books.

So is marvel actually going to say why everyone hates Cyclops? Or are that going to get dancing around it long enough for people to forget that Cyclops didn't actually do anything wrong? The sheer amount of Character assassination that happens to Cyk is actually pretty wierd.

ZimbAdam

I bought my first ever variant cover today. It was the hip-hop variant of The Ultimates #1. My gut tells me I should feel a measure of shame over this frivolous purchase, especially considering I now have two copies of the same issue.

Does this mean I'm comics? Am I comics now?

Messi

I bought my first ever variant cover today. It was the hip-hop variant of The Ultimates #1. My gut tells me I should feel a measure of shame over this frivolous purchase, especially considering I now have two copies of the same issue.

Does this mean I'm comics? Am I comics now?

It's all downhill from here. Next thing that happens is you ask your store to pull every cover that has Harley Quinn on it.

And it will cost you so much money.

:(

frye

It's pretty good but I'm a huge fan of the character. Kind of a light hearted traditional story but not specifically tailored for kids (think there was an innuendo or two), one of the few great Shazam stories that doesn't involve Black Adam.

I dunno why DC takes so long to release trades, I was hoping they'd be quicker with the DCYou ones, I was under the impression that DC does very well with trade sales, but maybe that's because of stuff like Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns that carries a lot of weight with more casual readers.

DC does better with trades than Marvel in the bookstore market (Marvel, if you'll recall, has been historically awful at bookstore sales in comparison) because of what you say: they've just been better at the kinds of superhero comics that sell in bookstores. But besides that, they've also been better at keeping them in print. Think about how they've treated Year One in comparison to how Marvel have treated Born Again -- they're the same creative team, from the same 2 year period, and fairly comparable in quality but Born Again hasn't even been constantly in print the way Year One has. Year One would still be bigger of course, but Born Again should be much more widely read than it is.

Their trade schedule for the last several years is actually due to retailer complaints that their collections (Vertigo trades in particular) were coming out too fast and eating into sales of their backissues.

Messi

True. Have they announced their Q1 and Q2 OHC shedule yet? Any chanche for Bitch Planet?

Bitch Planet is coming but not until at least the next arc is done. They have only done 5 issues.

The Bombshell? Man, I got mine weeks ago. What are they doing over there?

Not sure. I read comics all the time but would never say I collect them. If I like a variant cover, I usually just save a hi-res jpg of it.

Their stock got damage and they are trying to get replacements.

Top Bottom