• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It's also very 90s ad hard to read these days. Claremont has a tenancy to have his heroes spell out what they are doing which is really distracting these days

"I shall dispose of this villain with a thunderbolt I summoned with my mutant powers" we can see the drawing Storm, we don't need you to tell us

Yeah he really did talk to his readers like they were all 8.

shingi70

Banned
Yeah he really did talk to his readers like they were all 8.

It's also very 90s and hard to read these days. Claremont has a tenancy to have his heroes spell out what they are doing which is really distracting compared to modern comics

"I shall dispose of this villain with a thunderbolt I summoned with my mutant powers" we can see the drawing Storm, we don't need you to tell us

Edit: wtf that famous Iron Fist run is from 2006? :eek: why did I think it was a recent thing, it's almost 10 years old!

It's been a while since I read Astonishing, so that should be were I start.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Inhuman #12 - Medusa to Blackbolt

5fpkwq.jpg

giphy.gif

I continue to be shocked how much I have come to love this book (maybe 12 issues in I should stop being surprised), probably the most underrated book of this year in my opinion. I actually care about Inhumans now, go figure. Amazing last page (which I can't find online and it's bumming me out) too, really liking the artist, especially his Medusa.

shingi70

Banned
Inhuman #12 - Medusa to Blackbolt

giphy.gif

I continue to be shocked how much I have come to love this book (maybe 12 issues in I should stop being surprised), probably the most underrated book of this year in my opinion. I actually care about Inhumans now, go figure. Amazing last page (which I can't find online and it's bumming me out) too, really liking the artist, especially his Medusa.

Soule did to the Inhumans what he did for the Red Lanterns. Crafting a whole semi new side of the MU. It helps that all the Inhuman related books have been great as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Soule did to the Inhumans what he did for the Red Lanterns. Crafting a whole semi new side of the MU. It helps that all the Inhuman related books have been great as well.

Huh you're right it IS a Soule book just noticed. Why were we all sitting on whatever ANAD book he's doing just because it's a Charles Soule book again?

I think he also writes something I read recently and enjoyed.

Edit: oh it was Inhumans Attilan Rising duh lol. No wonder :p

Finished the first arc of Morrison's New X-Men. That's certainly a way to start a series lol

Once Amazon finally processes my Fallout 4 trade-in I'll be getting:

All-Star Superman
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: The Black Mirror or something else around $10, not quite sure yet.

Rhaknar

Stegman did Inhuman Annual, which is fairly recent, and the art is actually really good...man what the flying fuck happened with Uncanny Avengers then?

Owzers

I'm now at the part in Fallout 4 where I no longer have hope that the story isn't terrible. I knew going in it's Bethesda, but when you're given a choice over who to support and you think every side is poorly handled in the game....i'm glad i did a lot of exploring in between advancing the story.

Also, Archie vs Predator is still iffy.

Rhaknar

Uncanny Inhumans...#1? #0? Whatever it is, was really cool, and if it's a preview of what the ANAD book is, I can't wait. Kang The Conqueror son! You gotta love Kang

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Uncanny Inhumans...#1? #0? Whatever it is, was really cool, and if it's a preview of what the ANAD book is, I can't wait. Kang The Conqueror son! You gotta love Kang

Kang was pretty awesome in Siege. They should make a new Exiles book staring Kang and Blink and whoever else.

Put Blink in any book really and I'll buy it.

She'd actually be great for the UXM roster with her AoA ties to Mags and Sabertooth.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

It's a fantastic book, you'll enjoy it. Made me actually like the Inhumans so far.

Rhaknar

Do I, though, Rhaknar?

Do I?

I refuse to accept there is someone who doesn't like Kang.

Also, it's a travesty that Spider & The X-Men was only 6 issues. Last one was really cute, really wish it was coming back (but it wouldn't fit with the new Spieer-Man I know I know)

Megatron

It's also very 90s and hard to read these days. Claremont has a tenancy to have his heroes spell out what they are doing which is really distracting compared to modern comics

Don't listen to this. He sometimes does this about things like psylocke's psychic blade, but it doesn't take away from how awesome he is. Specifically in the 70's and 80's. The 90's stuff, sure, by then he isn't as good.

You should sign her up for marvel unlimited. By far the cheapest way to read these.

Messi

Kang was pretty awesome in Siege. They should make a new Exiles book staring Kang and Blink and whoever else.

Put Blink in any book really and I'll buy it.

She'd actually be great for the UXM roster with her AoA ties to Mags and Sabertooth.

Loved Kang in Siege.

I haven't read Marvel in a while. Catching up on Secret wars and the spin offs. Really like A-Force.

IMO it was one of the best tie ins. Ends beautifully. Can't wait for the Relaunch.

Vyer

Vision #2 was good, continues the vibe of the first book. Somehow
seeing the son lose his shit (in a very Vision way) really added to the creepiness levels

Robin War #1 was also excellent, like that we got a couple different timely themes in there that were well handled (
the entire first confrontation of the book, despite involving a kid dressed as Robin and all that, felt like that's really how something like that would go down
) and the handling of the whole 'Robins' phenomena felt very grounded.

King is King.

Vision #2 was good, continues the vibe of the first book. Somehow
seeing the son lose his shit (in a very Vision way) really added to the creepiness levels

Robin War #1 was also excellent, like that we got a couple different timely themes in there that were well handled (
the entire first confrontation of the book, despite involving a kid dressed as Robin and all that, felt like that's really how something like that would go down
) and the handling of the whole 'Robins' phenomena felt very grounded.

King is King.

Most of my favorite moments in Robin War were the silly ones (Duke in the police car, Damian vs. Fucking Everybody), but I can't deny that it handled the similarities with current events.

I think the opening page was of Vision was just about perfect, with Vin
sinking into the floor.
Struck a real chord with me.

shingi70

Banned
Could the Spidey book be our first look at what the MCU Spider-Man films could be like?

That's what I was thinking, this doesn't feel like the inbetween the Lee/ditko issues that marvel said they were. This feels like something new and I quite like it. Gwen seems a mix of ultimate and movie Gwen.

Sandfox

Aren't all of the All New, All Different Marvel books all-ages book? Which if they were movies would be either rated PG or PG-13.

All-ages books are something you can give young kids and that doesn't fit with too many of the books Marvel and DC are putting out for various reasons.

VanWinkle

I started reading 52. What is the huge event they are referencing in the early issues? I keep thinking maybe I should read it first.

Invincible Iron Man had great art but man was the dialogue insufferable. I'll just keep reading Slott's Spider-Man for my techno-joker, action comic fix.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anybody like that new Phonogram series?

Top Bottom