• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Slizz

Sheriff of Babylon was good shit.

Looking forward to the rest of it, great art, good writing, good story.

Messi

IST ORDER YO

American Vampire TP VOL 7
Birds of Prey Vol 1
Chew omnivore Vol 5
Love Hurts complete TP
East of West year one IST exclusive cover
Giant days TP vol 1
IZombie omnibus
Kitchen TP
Nextwave complete TP
Prison school Vol 1
Private eye deluxe HC
Rat Queens deluxe HC
Sons of the devil Vol 1 TP
Wayward Vol 1 Hardcover
Witchblade rebirth 4 volume set
Wolf TP

How did I do?

Mudcrab

East of West, Paper Girls, and Vision were the books of the week.

The paneling and action is East/West was out of this world.

VanWinkle

Dang. I've never ordered single issues online before, so when I got the DC The New Frontier issues in that I bought off eBay, with four boards between every issue and the whole pack bagged up and boxed, I was very very pleasantly surprised. The issues are in perfect condition, and I'm very happy for the $5 I got them for. Been wanting to read this story for awhile now.

Messi

Quick, somebody work him up a more fitting avatar.

Image3.jpg

VanWinkle

My goodness, the Runaways Vol. 1 OHC has the tightest binding ever. Crazy. I open it up to the middle and it barely even stays open. Kinda stinks since it's a ~500 page book. Oh well.

I had a little break from Marvel to read The Walking Dead and OH BOY do the comics move at a hell of a pace. I've only read the first five, but compared to the TV show they're burning along quickly. If I'm honest, I had forgotten Glenn had been around since the start.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I had a little break from Marvel to read The Walking Dead and OH BOY do the comics move at a hell of a pace. I've only read the first five, but compared to the TV show they're burning along quickly. If I'm honest, I had forgotten Glenn had been around since the start.

Yeah the show definitely likes to hear itself speak.

shingi70

Banned
More seriously: What makes you say that? Why do you think that was a good thing?

Dan DiDio, what are you doing on Gaf?

"Unpopular opinion" is one hell of an understatement. Dan, is that you?

Edit: For the record: I'm teasing. But you're also certainly very much in the minority here on that view.

Disagree completely

Heh, anywho it made sense for Kate to jump and propose to Maggie as its in her nature as she's a thrillseaker who was kinda aimless after leaving the armed forces. However Maggie is a much more balanced individual and it didn't make sense for her to say yes after Maggie not only spent much of their relation lying to her but physically assaulted her in her Batwoman Persona. Not only that but Maggie has a child to think of not just becuase her husband is an ass but having a parent whos a cop is a risk enough but a superhero especially one who's so cloaked in darkness isn't something she can take lightly. Kate had just had a falling out with her father and Bette and was really only promising imo to feel a whole, and she starkly refused Maggie's pleas to get thearpy.

I wholeheartedly love them as a couple but the marriage wouldn't have been earned. It's a shame as I typically care for Kate moreso than Batwoman if that makes sense.

Heh, anywho it made sense for Kate to jump and propose to Maggie as its in her nature as she's a thrillseaker who was kinda aimless after leaving the armed forces. However Maggie is a much more balanced individual and it didn't make sense for her to say yes after Maggie not only spent much of their relation lying to her but physically assaulted her in her Batwoman Persona. Not only that but Maggie has a child to think of not just becuase her husband is an ass but having a parent whos a cop is a risk enough but a superhero especially one who's so cloaked in darkness isn't something she can take lightly. Kate had just had a falling out with her father and Bette and was really only promising imo to feel a whole, and she starkly refused Maggie's pleas to get thearpy.

I wholeheartedly love them as a couple but the marriage wouldn't have been earned. It's a shame as I typically care for Kate moreso than Batwoman if that makes sense.

Oh. That's much more reasonable. Sure, I would have been down with giving things more time and effort to develop. It's more how it and basically any other happy relationship was just shut down because DiDio apparently has very weird ideas about how the lives of comic characters should go.

IST ORDER YO

American Vampire TP VOL 7
Birds of Prey Vol 1
Chew omnivore Vol 5
Love Hurts complete TP
East of West year one IST exclusive cover
Giant days TP vol 1
IZombie omnibus
Kitchen TP
Nextwave complete TP
Prison school Vol 1
Private eye deluxe HC
Rat Queens deluxe HC
Sons of the devil Vol 1 TP
Wayward Vol 1 Hardcover
Witchblade rebirth 4 volume set
Wolf TP

How did I do?

It makes my heart hurt a little.

RIP your postman.

Think I'm officially a bit burnt out on comics, there is maybe 5-6 titles that I can't wait to read every month. Compared to maybe a few months ago, that number was in the twenties.

Comics don't get much better than We Can Never Go Home. From the art, to the storytelling, to the wonderfully realized characters, to the absolutely brutal and uncompromising nature of the thing. If you haven't read this comic, pick up the $10 trade next week. I can almost guarantee you won't regret it.

That said, I'm having mixed feelings about this shared universe of Black Mask Studios. I'm not sure where they're taking it, as they haven't intertwined much at all, but I kind of wanted to take WCNGH as it's own thing. One thing I can say, though, it's doing something completely original with each of its series, that I can't even give Valiant points for. It's just so weird and nothing seems to really fit together well, but in the best possible way. I'm eager to see how it turns out when things do finally come together.

shingi70

Banned
So I got the shopping done for my girlfriend. I got her the first Volumes of Silk and Spider-gwen alongside Animal Crossing New Leaf and Style Savvy for her 3DS.

So anyone else jumping into the Xenoblade hype tomororw.

A bit late but Archie was really fun again. I think it's probably my comic of the year.

I enjoyed #2 of Avengers more than #1. It still feels a bit too lighthearted after reading Hickman's run but it's impossible not to be.

10 issues into the Walking Dead and I'm hooked. They're so easy to read (compared to those 60's Marvel Comics with their 10,000 word panels), and the art is so good. The overall content is just at a higher level too, it was odd to see swearing and people dying in a book.

WEGGLES

What do you guys think of Wayward and The Wicked and the Divine?

I'm thinking of trimming them from my pull list. They're not really doing it for me lately. I'm trying to keep my pull list small, but just added Head Lopper, Jughead, We Stand on Guard (ending soon I know) and Paper Girls so... something's gotta go. I'm thinking when the next arc ends for both to get rid of em.

How good is paper girls tho?

Top Bottom