• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any Dark Reign suggestions? I was told its more of a "title" than a event (like we had Marvel NOW or All NEw All Different atm), so I dont necessarely need to treat it as such and can just pick and choose

any Dark Reign suggestions? I was told its more of a "title" than a event (like we had Marvel NOW or All NEw All Different atm), so I dont necessarely need to treat it as such and can just pick and choose

Dark Reign: The List specials (I really liked the Avengers one, personally)
Dark Avengers
Invincible Iron Man: World's Most Wanted (you might as well start from the start here in The Five Nightmares, it's all pretty good)
Dark Reign: Fantastic Four (start of the Hickman run)

Mafro

Dark Avengers, probably one of the best team books Bendis has done. It was basically a rip off of what Warren Ellis did in Thunderbolts, but it was still good.

So I got the shopping done for my girlfriend. I got her the first Volumes of Silk and Spider-gwen alongside Animal Crossing New Leaf and Style Savvy for her 3DS.

So anyone else jumping into the Xenoblade hype tomororw.
You said she's new to comics right? Those will be good picks for sure. Silk was cute and very accessible.

I'm gonna get Xenoblade for Christmas. Spent too much money over the last week... 8 trades/books plus digital comics and weeklies. I'm gonna get Trauma Team today too sooo it's gonna wait.

Vyer

East of West was some good shit this week. And I'm not even sure I understand that book.

Dang. I've never ordered single issues online before, so when I got the DC The New Frontier issues in that I bought off eBay, with four boards between every issue and the whole pack bagged up and boxed, I was very very pleasantly surprised. The issues are in perfect condition, and I'm very happy for the $5 I got them for. Been wanting to read this story for awhile now.

Congrats, it's a great read.

Dark Reign was more of a world-state for the Marvel universe than an event. It was basically the result of an event.

As for suggestions - Red Hood. Thunderbolts. Secret Warriors. Dark Avengers.

East of West was some good shit this week. And I'm not even sure I understand that book.

I didn't understand a damn thing about it until I got the Year One deluxe hardcover and re-read the entire series. It's typical Hickman. A lot of moving parts in addition to the main plot, which is why a lot of his stuff just doesn't read well month-to-month.

Messi

What do you guys think of Wayward and The Wicked and the Divine?

I'm thinking of trimming them from my pull list. They're not really doing it for me lately. I'm trying to keep my pull list small, but just added Head Lopper, Jughead, We Stand on Guard (ending soon I know) and Paper Girls so... something's gotta go. I'm thinking when the next arc ends for both to get rid of em.

How good is paper girls tho?

Paper Girls is dope

Did anyone check out the new Ant-Man? With all the villains on the cover I'm curious if they might go for a rogues vibe.

Read all the Secret Wars stuff thats up on MU, what a wild comic. I have so many questions, the wait will be painful.

Reading Infinity now just for kicks and to fill some small holes in Avengers. is Hickman even on any ANAD books?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
James Bond #2 was great.

Wish it was longer than 6 issues.

I'd be a little cautious if a woman threw herself at me, but then again, I'm not James Bond.

Hickman is taking a break from Marvel comics and doing his own thing for a while. His image books dont come out all that often either

Visiting ComicsAlliance: man this site has gone down. 3/10 their articles on their first page are actually about comics. the rest are articles on movies/shows based on comics. That wasnt why I liked this site a while back. see ya for end of year list, CA, but thatll be it

Mafro

Did anyone check out the new Ant-Man? With all the villains on the cover I'm curious if they might go for a rogues vibe.

Read all the Secret Wars stuff thats up on MU, what a wild comic. I have so many questions, the wait will be painful.

Reading Infinity now just for kicks and to fill some small holes in Avengers. is Hickman even on any ANAD books?
He's taking a break from Marvel after Secret Wars.

Sadist

Bendis is really killing it with Iron Man. Samurai Iron Man is best Iron Man.
I'm really impressed with Iron Man right now. Might be my favourite relaunch.

Note to self: need to complete my Time Runs Out collection before christmas. Got the four New Avengers TP's and two trades of TRO.

Btw Xenoblade X hype? I'll be picking up my copy in the morning. Can't wait to discover a new world.

Messi

Guuuuys my original art from Emanuela Lupacchino finally arrived. It's so boooootieful.

4iU2FZo.jpeg

Just waiting for her to send me my sketch now :D

This is the page in non shit scanned quality

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What do you guys think of Wayward and The Wicked and the Divine?

I'm thinking of trimming them from my pull list. They're not really doing it for me lately. I'm trying to keep my pull list small, but just added Head Lopper, Jughead, We Stand on Guard (ending soon I know) and Paper Girls so... something's gotta go. I'm thinking when the next arc ends for both to get rid of em.

How good is paper girls tho?

I do feel like WicDiv did get stagnate there for a few issues but I really liked the last issue about The Morrigan. I'm still interested in seeing where the story goes so I'm sticking with it. Wouldn't blame you or bailing out though.

And yeah Paper Girls is awesome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Amazing Spider-Man Special #1 (part 1 of Inhuman Error) was the funniest I've seen Spidey written in awhile. Really cool start to this crossover (part 3 is Captain America), I sware it seems everything Inhuman related lately is great...

...what the fuck happened lol? Maybe it's my bad but I never cared about the Inhumans before and I'm into all they put out this year

Edut: sware not swarm, stupid corrector

Messi

It's a new Vertigo book, Messi. It's been in the solicits for months. :(

I don't know how I missed it :(

Man Olivia Wilde killed it on Kimmel.

Amazing Spider-Man Special #1 (part 1 of Inhuman Error) was the funniest I've seen Spidey written in awhile. Really cool start to this crossover (part 3 is Captain America), I swarm it seems everything Inhuman related lately is great...

...what the fuck happened lol? Maybe it's my bad but I never cared about the Inhumans before and I'm into all they put out this year

Most of the Inhumans stuff has been great imo.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Wanna see my unread copies on Comixology?

No idea how this happened but it has.

Omg are you shitting me dcbs. My Batwoman bombshell has gone back to a white circle from being picked. Come the fuck on.

Happened to me too. I think 16 or 17 is the last one I read.

Owzers

Wanna see my unread copies on Comixology?

No idea how this happened but it has.

Omg are you shitting me dcbs. My Batwoman bombshell has gone back to a white circle from being picked. Come the fuck on.

mine shipped...because it was in my order just a few days before it was scheduled to ship out with my monthly comics. I bet it's totally in good condition too. Should be here tmw.

Lashley

The marvel human race are fucking stupid.

They hate mutants because they fear their power, but love the inhumans? lol

shingi70

Banned
The marvel human race are fucking stupid.

They hate mutants because they fear their power, but love the inhumans? lol

Inhumans > Mutants

In All New some inhuman was being hated on, and in extraordinary some guys beat an Inhuman thinking he was a dirty mutant.

Lashley

Inhumans > Mutants

In All New some inhuman was being hated on, and in extraordinary some guys beat an Inhuman thinking he was a dirty mutant.

Yeah, theres some cases of it, but in general most humans HATE mutants. There were tourist guides for Inhumans in all new.

Marvel's plan is working, these Inhuman books have been great and I'm a fan.

Rhaknar

Where does this idea that humans love Inhumans come from? People seem pretty pissed at all the new ones popping up because of the terrigen bomb, and also because of that weird island off the coast of NY

Fantastic Four #643-645 was a nice ending to that arc, but not necessarily to the series as a whole. I mean I'm sure sooner or later we'll get a new F4 book, but it does feel bittersweet and its weird not to have one in ANAD. I actually enjoyed this run, it was a fun adventure style F4 book without Hickman's brand of insanity. It was just that, a "normal" F4 book, for better or worse

Where does this idea that humans love Inhumans come from? People seem pretty pissed at all the new ones popping up because of the terrigen bomb, and also because of that weird island off the coast of NY

Fantastic Four #643-645 was a nice ending to that arc, but not necessarily to the series as a whole. I mean I'm sure sooner or later we'll get a new F4 book, but it does feel bittersweet and its weird not to have one in ANAD. I actually enjoyed this run, it was a fun adventure style F4 book without Hickman's brand of insanity. It was just that, a "normal" F4 book, for better or worse

Love by comparison :p

With mutants, the hate surrounding them makes up a huge part of their identity and background... Inhumans don't get nearly the same treatment.

Honestly the "mutants as a hated/feared minority" thing has always been kinda sketchy. It'll always be so as long as there's non-Mutant superhumans who are accepted without question.

Top Bottom