• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Eh, it's not that bad. A step down from Endgame, sure, but pretty solid all the same.

I suspect that this upcoming issue is gonna be a doozy.

It's by no means bad but it's a definite drop in quality. Story is quite dull and really doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I can't wait until
Bruce is back.

Well finally ran the well dry, and I'll have to wait till next month before I can buy any more The Walking Dead without feeling like I've spent too much in one go. I've just finished #105.

Holy shit.

Nagan
Carl
Abraham
Glenn

Well finally ran the well dry, and I'll have to wait till next month before I can buy any more The Walking Dead without feeling like I've spent too much in one go. I've just finished #105.

Holy shit.

Nagan
Carl
Abraham
Glenn

You're catching up. You're more than two-thirds of the way there.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Holy shit.

Nagan
Carl
Abraham
Glenn

tears got shed at issue 100

VanWinkle

Just read The Doom That Came to Gotham. I had no CLUE what it was other than being from Mike Mignola, and it was really pretty great. Basically an elseworlds tale set in the 20s. Very interesting.

Sadist

It's been one hell of a journey so far, I think I'll remember December 2015 as The Walking Dead month haha. Carl's journey has been the best thing about the comics so far.
No lies detected.

It's a shame what they did with the tv version of Carl. Would have loved if the tv show would display some good old Carl badassery. Sadly that won't happen. Oh well, comic Carl keeps on winning.

Sandfox

I'm not too big a fan, but I would say Jason Aaron was the best writer of 2015 even if you only look at books that started this year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm not too big a fan, but I would say Jason Aaron was the best writer of 2015 even if you only look at books that started this year.

Completely agree. By far the mvp at Marvel, even if Hickman gets all the fanfare. It's no wonder Marvel locked him up tbh

Went back to Bloodborne to play the DLC and it went like it normally goes

"Let's play a little of Bloodborne"
"wow this game is great"
*hours fly by*
'Where'd the day go???"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Norman is losing it and Sentry's wife just shot him in the face. Bob has no more face.

This book is cool :p

Messi

Yeah, he's yet to write something I haven't enjoyed this year, really.

Have to agree with this

Soon I shall take over comics gaf

weep at my power

itFER4i.gif

ElNarez

Banned
What did he write?

Schism, which he followed with a Wolverine and the X-Men run that started good, but then got its momentum killed by Avengers Vs. X-Men and never really recovered, and if you're really gonna defend the one-two punch of the circus storyline and that hellfire club 4 kidz / siege perilous thing, we're gonna have fights

Sandfox

What did he write?

Wolverine Vol. 4
Wolverine and the X-Men Vol. 1
Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine
X-Men: Schism
Co-wrote AvX
Co-wrote Battle of the Atom
The first arc of Amazing X-Men

Basically Aaron had a big hand in the direction the X-Men took around the time people started getting upset lol.

Boogiepop

Schism, which he followed with a Wolverine and the X-Men run that started good, but then got its momentum killed by Avengers Vs. X-Men and never really recovered, and if you're really gonna defend the one-two punch of the circus storyline and that hellfire club 4 kidz / siege perilous thing, we're gonna have fights

I mean, Wolverine and the X-men is a parabola in my mind. Starts absolutely amazing, then AvX ruins the tone but it keeps trucking, but by the circus arc hits a distinct low point, but after that it starts raising up to hit a legitimately great ending. A weird run for sure, and I wish AvX didn't have to happen so close to it starting as it really threw things off, but I still like the run quite a bit as a whole, even with it's more... questionable elements.

Rhaknar

Oh he did Wolverine and the X-Men? That man is truly the goat, that run was fucking amazing.

Still no urge to read comics, though I heard rumblings that a shop opened up in my town. Do we know who the new Aquaman writer is? Got a "Make America Great Again" hat for Christmas. Going to get a lot of mileage out of it.

VanWinkle

Going to start the Ultimate Spiderman Omnibus now. My first comic with Spiderman. Have always loved the character, though.

Edit: Nevermind. The binding is in terrible condition (bought it used), so I have to wait until I can get some PVA glue and repair it. Don't want to risk it getting any worse. I opened it up and the paper backing fell off of it and the end paper on both the beginning and end aren't completely connected. I already got a refund and they let me keep the book, but I didn't realize just HOW bad it was until now.

Will read Green Arrow Archer's Quest deluxe edition instead.

Owzers

Still no urge to read comics, though I heard rumblings that a shop opened up in my town. Do we know who the new Aquaman writer is? Got a "Make America Great Again" hat for Christmas. Going to get a lot of mileage out of it.

My only disappointment is that America won't be made great again alllllll the way until the end of next year :/

Rhaknar

Started Siege. I eagerly await Norman being crazypants

I could've sworn we did, when we heard about Pak on Titans and the other changes, but I can't find it :/

They apparently announced the new writer for the movie recently, which is messing with my search-fu :p

What a lovely lazy Sunday. It was rainy all day so I spent most of it laying in bed reading Starman with the occasional nap in between and the NFL red zone channel running w/o sound. Then I finished it up with a good evening of Bloodborne DLC. Only have one boss and one zone left!

I could've sworn we did, when we heard about Pak on Titans and the other changes, but I can't find it :/

They apparently announced the new writer for the movie recently, which is messing with my search-fu :p
Found it......Dan Abnett. Holy fuck. What little hope I had shriveled up my like my balls on a crisp winter's morning.

Top Bottom