• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good lord Bob, you did Ares ugly >_<

Also, lol at Daken getting rekt by Thor off-panel

JEKKI

aw man, not sure someone posted this already

but I went to the market and saw this:

fsbCoTZ.jpg

o_O

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just finished reading Grant Morrison's Nameless.

Can anyone explain just WHAT THE FUCK I READ?!

My head really, really hurts. I need an explanation!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just finished reading Grant Morrison's Nameless.

Can anyone explain just WHAT THE FUCK I READ?!

My head really, really hurts. I need an explanation!

Didn't get #6 but I think my impressions up to #5 are valid : Fuck me if I know but I'm creeped out anyway.

Yousefb

^ oh man, I guess I benefit from the fact that I just read them recently instead of at the time. Although to be honest I did not read Disassembled, I jumped straight into Dark Avengers. I knew of gist of Secret Invasion via Wikipedia and reading DnA cosmic stuff.

Vyer

Doc Strange look is good. Suprisingly not too terrible cover from EW.

aw man, not sure someone posted this already

but I went to the market and saw this:

fsbCoTZ.jpg

o_O

Lol. This movie wants to check every 'what businessmen see every comic book fan as' box.

Much like the Deadpool character itself

Corpsepyre

Banned
Didn't get #6 but I think my impressions up to #5 are valid : Fuck me if I know but I'm creeped out anyway.

Check out Issue 6 and see how it's wrapped up, or lack thereof. I read it twice now, and I'm still speechless. Some of that art is incredibly sickening though.

I picked up Ringside #1 today from Travelling Man in Newcastle. They had about 20 issues sitting on the shelf, all priced up at £2 so I can only assume they've overstocked or not selling very well. It was also my Wife's first real visit to the comic store, and she had a little look around. Imagine my surprise when she stopped at the Manga section and started to flick through some of the books... she was reading Love at 14 or something. However, she didn't like that the books were all 'backwards'.

There were lots of bodies in Travelling Man, but not many buying. It really felt like they were browsing so they could go and buy online haha
Travelling Man do have a great selection of board games, and I know this is a topic for another thread, I really need to pluck up the courage to collar my friends and try some out (so expensive though).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I picked up Ringside #1 today from Travelling Man in Newcastle. They had about 20 issues sitting on the shelf, all priced up at £2 so I can only assume they've overstocked or not selling very well. It was also my Wife's first real visit to the comic store, and she had a little look around. Imagine my surprise when she stopped at the Manga section and started to flick through some of the books... she was reading Love at 14 or something. However, she didn't like that the books were all 'backwards'.

That's where I got mine the other day haha

From Northumberland, so was quite the trek.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Finished the first All Star Superman book (issues #1-6). I was lukewarm on the first few issues, but then it started to get a lot better. The time-traveling issue and Kent interviewing Luthor in prison were both great. I've only read a little bit of Morrison's work, but there is a lot of expositional dialogue in this book, which I'm not a fan of. I'll still pick up the second volume though.

It's coming out this week

Out this Wednesday mate, I'll just get it off comixology

Ah, nice I'll check it out on Wednesday. I've just finished reading #1 of Ringside this afternoon, and while it's currently not exactly what I thought it would be I'm still sort of interested. It's currently focusing on one character (an old wrestler who seems to have fallen out of favour with the North American wrestling circuit and retired in Japan) return to America to help an old friend.
I thought it be based around a wrestling promotion and all the antics involved, so I'm a little disappointed in that regard. However, I'll give it a few more issues before ultimately judging it. I'm also not sure I like the art style too much (Nick Barber), I'm not even sure how to describe it (abstract? vague?) and it might even be the brown tones of the colouring I'm not a fan of.

It's odd as I really like the cover art, it works for me there, but just not on every page.

I wanted a book that was more about the actual wrestling too. Plus the art is just too basic for me.

Yeah, this is the first time I've felt like (I don't know the right term but...) an 'art snob' while reading through a book. I don't know, maybe I've been spoilt with some great art during those early Marvel books. I mean even The Walking Dead shows how you can do some great art work without having to be cutting edge. However, I am more disappointed that so far the book isn't just backstage/behind the scenes shenanigans of a wrestling promotion.

I think that dawned on me on the cliffhanger of #1 where Dan Knossos was beaten to a pulp and then goes to his Batgirl friend to get a bunch of guns. I have no idea where it's going now.

Owzers

I haven't made much progress on the January OT, maybe we can just not read comics for a month and i'll start on the Feb one now. Shouldn't be a problem really.

MG310

I'll believe it when I have it in my hands..but IT happened... Bombshell statue related. (sorry sillymonkey)

EE processed my order for the 99 dollar Harley/Joker Bombshell

Owzers

I couldn't believe when
sillymonkey posted that spoiler without telling you what it was about.

Not reading that ^^^^

I barely know what day it is right now. I spent 10 minutes refreshing Humble Bundle's main page until I realised today is Monday.

As far as comics:

Marvel:
Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin #1 of 5
Rocket Raccoon & Groot #1

DC:
Harley Quinn & Power Girl #6 of 6

Others:
Jughead #3 (Archie)
James Bond 007: Vargr #3 (Dynamite)
Jem & The Holograms #10 (IDW)
Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #2 of 5 (IDW)
Black Magick #3 (Image)
Rat Queens #14 (Image)
Rumble #10 (Image)

Is there a comic book equivalent to Dry January? I think I need it.

God Hates Astronauts and the Manhattan Projects

I love Manhattan Projects so seconded on that.

I've been reading the first issue via the Web comic and it's absolutely hilarious. Does it keep up that humour the whole way though?

https://web.archive.org/web/20150626023636/http://www.godhatesastronauts.com/2010/05/27/12

Does the Manhattan Projects delve into American history? Also should I pick up The Manhattan Projects: The Sun Beyond the Stars as well?

Top Bottom