• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Messi

Valiant recommendations....has it come to this?

tumblr_mq6y60virI1so026bo1_500.gif

Mindwipe

So I'm going through the list of image comics to buy in the sale. Got to the fade out and I like the look of it but volume 2 collecting issues 5-8 is £6.99 and the individual issues are £1.49. There is no mention of anything extra in volume 2. Will this be a mis price?

The single issues actually have the awesome backup "real legends of Hollywood" sections. I'd avoid the trades completely. Who knows who thought that pricing was a good idea.

El Topo

Could use a comic recommendation. Something like Lazarus maybe? The usual "Best of xyz" lists can't really seem to help me out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume Siege is where they get rid of Sentry, since he has gone completely off the deep end

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm this Siege New Mutants tie in was cool, great art. Next issue is a Second Coming tie-in, maybe I should read that one after Siege. That's where they introduced grown up Hope right?

But if I read second coming I should read the baby hope one first, whatever it was called. These MU holes one falls into man ;_;

Boogiepop

Yessssssss, concept art of that Platinum TMNT game came out and it's really clearly IDW TMNT! Was already excited, now I'm over the top super excited!

frye

man, I came across the Heralds hardcover today at a comic shop and that has a crazy artist lineup in 2015 - Tonci Zonjic, James Harren, and Emma Rios all on one book. Apparently Harren and Rios were doing fill ins but still! that's a hella stacked crew!

Slayven

The Ex-Heroes series is good, pulpy fun:

There's four books so far, and the fifth is out in February.

And I love the Reckoners series, but I'm a big Sanderson fan, so YMMV:

A movie version is currently in development.

I have all of EX heroes but haven't read them yet. And Steelheart is almost too good.

The Kree

Banned
Can't get over how good the Inhuman comics have been in ANAD.

Loving Uncanny Inhumans.

Digital comics look so much better on a tablet, rather than an actual comic too. No going back.

Speaking of Inhumans, what's the deal with Karnak? This release schedule is slow as shit. That first issue hooked me.

Messi

Francavilla posted on Twitter

Francavilla said:
2016 marks 10 years of me being in this comics bizniz so celebrating w more @TheBlackBeetle & @AfterlifeArchie seems the right thing ya know

Kate Leth said:
@f_francavilla @TheBlackBeetle @AfterlifeArchie BRING BACK AFTERLIFE!!

Francavilla said:
@kateleth @TheBlackBeetle @AfterlifeArchie I'M BRINGIN' IT!

Itshappening.gif

Btw previewsworld marvel books for this week changed again. On Twitter it Seems there was a shipping error and books were going to release a week early so they were asked to hold them back for a week. So it's a small marvel week again.

Btw previewsworld marvel books for this week changed again. On Twitter it Seems there was a shipping error and books were going to release a week early so they were asked to hold them back for a week. So it's a small marvel week again.

Yeah, I don't think that I had any Marvel books this week to begin with.

I finished Bendis's DD run and got through Brubaker's up to him releasing the Kingpin from jail. Only about 12 issues in, I honestly think I already like Brubaker's run more. Primarily because he actually knows how to do dialogue and doesn't have like 2000 speech bubbles per page.

Also got the Walking Dead Compendium 2 for Christmas. Got about halfway through and I definitely think it is not as good as the first one. There was some awful stuff happening there, but it felt a lot more "grounded." I hate using the word "edgy" to describe any form of media because I feel like it's a cop-out insult for things that try for more difficult or extreme subject matter but this definitely fits the bill. Everything related to the twin boys had my eyes rolling and then what they did to the hunters was just... lol. It's probably a good thing the television show never got into this kind of stuff. I mean, it's still damn entertaining but feels a lot trashier.

I finished Bendis's DD run and got through Brubaker's up to him releasing the Kingpin from jail. Only about 12 issues in, I honestly think I already like Brubaker's run more. Primarily because he actually knows how to do dialogue and doesn't have like 2000 speech bubbles per page.

Brubaker has always had an excellent handle on writing street-level crime books and spy fiction. I would highly suggest you check out Criminal and Velvet if you think that sounds like something you'd enjoy.

What didn't you like about, if you can remember? I'm worried it'll get a little too political at times.
It's politics are pretty laughable. The Obama esque president and evil republican ex president is not realistic at all. For me events started happening that I didn't like, and then I felt like the story should be wrapping up but kept meandering. I could go on more but it'd be spoilers and in the end what they teased at the start isn't what I hoped the book would be now.

In other news all I did today was play Bloodborne. But! I completed the DLC and its trophies and now I decided to get the platinum which means I've been diving into chalice dungeon grind. I think I'm halfway there but it's really getting tough. I'm level 124! On my first playthrough. Hah. But what I've read the chalice dungeons are a fixed difficulty so I'm probably close to scale for it now.

Owzers

I shall recommend Sexcastle if you like goofy 80s action movies, finished it tonight and it had a lot of enjoyable moments even if it had room for improvement.

Top Bottom