• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Vyer

Finally started The Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Vol. 2. Christ this book is dark. But it's robots, so it's fine.

Great series, in part because of how it flows from dark to humorous to dramatic. And I'm amused by some of the violence at times because were it humans the book could be called straight up gory every once and a while. It's an odd thing that makes it a very unique read.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Someone made a thread on reddit about the one big spoiler thing, so always when someone search on a iPhone for one of the involved characters, the spoiler pop up.

And lol, my father straight out told it my brother when he asked him how the movie was when he was driven home for christmas what happens, my brother was so pissed.

So what you're saying is that it would have been better off being cut to a smaller number of issues like DC was going to do with the early cancellation?
Tim's anti sales equation not only cancels his fave titles but makes the worse when they come back.

I blame what happened to Manhattan Projects on Tim

Great series, in part because of how it flows from dark to humorous to dramatic. And I'm amused by some of the violence at times because were it humans the book could be called straight up gory every once and a while. It's an odd thing that makes it a very unique read.

Yeah it's....something. The whole
hostage situation with Maximus was real as fuck

I really enjoy the book, but the art style really makes the dark tone unexpected. It works, though. Very engaging.

Impossible, Elsa is in it.

giphy.gif

He is a dickhead in that issue.

A character in Batgirl acting out of character? /shock

tim1138

So what you're saying is that it would have been better off being cut to a smaller number of issues like DC was going to do with the early cancellation?

Maybe? Looking at this month's issue specifically, it was probably written three different times: the first twelve issue pitch, then as the last issue when it was cancelled, and then again when it was resurrected, all of which led to a bad comic. The series as a whole though needs to pick up the pace a bit.

Our there's this, which is just as likely:

Tim's anti sales equation not only cancels his fave titles but makes the worse when they come back.

I blame what happened to Manhattan Projects on Tim

I mean--

--but then you have--

--So really, all the bases are pretty covered.

Ultra Magnus is my favourite character in the whole thing.

I...may have bought his newest toy in the post-Christmas sales. I haven't bought a Transformer for a long time, not since Animated (where I own every major character except for regular deco Magnus, though I do have Roadbuster Ultra Magnus).

I miss Transformers Animated so much. Prime and RiD are good, but Animated, I loved that show.

Ultra Magnus is my favourite character in the whole thing.

I...may have bought his newest toy in the post-Christmas sales. I haven't bought a Transformer for a long time, not since Animated (where I own every major character except for regular deco Magnus, though I do have Roadbuster Ultra Magnus).

I miss Transformers Animated so much. Prime and RiD are good, but Animated, I loved that show.

Do they still make high-complexity ones? I remember treating them more like puzzles than action figures when I was a kid, that might be something I'm interested in.

Tizoc

I mean--

--but then you have--

--So really, all the bases are pretty covered.

After Vol. 3 make sure to read Transformers Dark Prelude
It features stories that take place during Vol. 1-3 that will be important by Vol. 5, trust me on this.
Glad you're enjoying it, and just to give you more reason to keep reading this title
James Roberts, author of MTMTE was given the Outstanding Writer Award 2015
I'm late to this mainly as I was busy gaming and with the Winter Seal but I am so happy for him and the recognition.
http://www.seibertron.com/transform...mte-wins-outstanding-writer-award-2015/34450/

Do they still make high-complexity ones? I remember treating them more like puzzles than action figures when I was a kid, that might be something I'm interested in.

The mass-market ones have moved to simpler transformations, because they were simply too hard for kids (and they drove the parents absolutely nuts). That's mostly the Robots in Disguise and movie-based lines though (Age of Extinction's toys were so dissapointing, some of the ROTF and DOTM ones were works of engineering brilliance), the IDW-based ones are fairly tricky sometimes, though they're easier than they were. The Combiner Wars combiners themselves are pretty simple.

The fan-made ones are basically very pretty rubix cubes. Complex, awesome, and very pricey.

The mass-market ones have moved to simpler transformations, because they were simply too hard for kids (and they drove the parents absolutely nuts). That's mostly the Robots in Disguise and movie-based lines though (Age of Extinction's toys were so dissapointing, some of the ROTF and DOTM ones were works of engineering brilliance), the IDW-based ones are fairly tricky sometimes, though they're easier than they were. The Combiner Wars combiners themselves are pretty simple.

The fan-made ones are basically very pretty rubix cubes. Complex, awesome, and very pricey.

Bah :/

Doh! I would have spent under $20 on comics today if I remembered to take Rat Queens out of my cart before finalizing. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

And that's with six back-issues of Manifest Destiny.

There are fanmade Transformers?

There is also fan-made Transformers hentai. :O

I have 17 left :)

I keep looking at the image sale and keep thinking that the Steam Sale was pretty poor and there's still some money to be spent... but then our first kid is due next week so I'm like ah maybe not.
I was talking to my friend, and was pretty excited about (Season 6 Spoilers and Comic #100+ spoilers)
Negan/Larger World/All Out War. So I'm itching to get reading that. However I can't take the TV show seriously knowing how badly they messed up Carl compared to the comics. I guess we got a crazy Carol instead, but we not both!

Also I watched The Mist the other day and half the cast of Season 1 of Walking Dead are in it!

I'm pretty poor after it anyway.

haha yeah I've already spent a fair bit on The Walking Dead this month (and I just saw there were big bundles available with huge savings >.<). I'm quickly falling in love with Image publications though

- The Walking Dead
- Sage
- Elephantmen

Are all on my radar now.

VanWinkle

Just ordered Green Arrow by Lemire Deluxe, and Donald Duck Christmas Box Set by Carl Barks, because it was on sale for $24 on IST. Also got Black Beetle: No Way Out by Francavilla.

I had a sneaky little read of Xmen '92 (2015) #1 on Marvel Unlimited just now and there's a few random panels with huge editor corrections in red ink on them. It's first the I've ever seen that, it was sort of interesting.

haha yeah I've already spent a fair bit on The Walking Dead this month (and I just saw there were big bundles available with huge savings >.<). I'm quickly falling in love with Image publications though

- The Walking Dead
- Sage
- Elephantmen

Are all on my radar now.

Do you mean Saga?

I read Elephantmen for a good while and enjoyed it. I got tired at one point and just stopped. Maybe I should check it out again.

Do you mean Saga?

I read Elephantmen for a good while and enjoyed it. I got tired at one point and just stopped. Maybe I should check it out again.

Yeah, I meant Saga (sorry). I haven't read Elephanmen yet, other than the exert shared at on the back of a Walking Dead issue. However, it really caught my attention so I'll check it out at some point.
Witch Doctor also looked interesting, if anyone has read that and can shed some thoughts on it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys

I just realized that im going through the Bendis phase that you all went through over the years. I kept defending him this past year, but the rage is piling up lately. Im sure you are all numb to it now, but im going through it now and im sad :(

Im sitting here thinking of the end of Siege.
Bob: Kill me!
Thor: No
Bob Kill me!
Thor: Ok

like what the FUCK IS THAT? that literally happens in the space of like 4 panels too lol >_<

it hurts guys...the Bendis... it hurts :(

NMFried

Fuck yeah, Archie.

You picked a nice mix of stuff, there's something there for most people I think.

Right?! Archie is stunning. Check out the new Patsy Walker book from Marvel too if you're into reinventions of serial characters. First issue was solid.

And thanks! It's always hard fighting personal convictions, my favorite characters, etc. But I think it worked out.

Shameless plug: follow me on Twitter if you guys enjoy my muttering about comics. https://twitter.com/NMFreed

Owzers

Civil War trailer:

Cap: But he's my friend
Tony: So was I.

Civil War 2:

Cap: Tony
Tony: yeah?
Cap: TONY.
Tony: i said yeah.
Cap: But he's my friend.
Tony: your friend?
Cap: yeah.
Tony: We used to be friends.
Cap: We used to be. Not anymore.
Tony: Why not?
Cap: What do you mean why not?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yo guys, the signs are on that Steve returns as Cap after Civil War.
There is a Steve Rogers Captain America comic with the classic WW2 logo announced for Free Comicbook Day.

Bendis is writing Civil War 2.

:)

Civil War II: The Battle for Kitty Pryde's Heart

Like all Marvel events, it starts great, then it Peters out.

Yo guys, the signs are on that Steve returns as Cap after Civil War.
There is a Steve Rogers Captain America with the classic WW2 logo announced for Free Comicbook Day.

Marvel pressing the panic button.

They meant to press the "More Inhumans Books!" button.

I'm sorry.

tim1138

NMFried

I really hope Midnighter gets a sales bump from making so many folks end of year best of lists. So far it's been immune to my anti-sales equation, but surely that luck will run out eventually. :(

Hey, you never know! I think even if the run fizzles out in sales they will bring him into the fold of another series. Probably Grayson.

Plus they'd be fools not to introduce Midnighter to TV or movie audiences. Plus Steve Orlando is just a really great dude.

Top Bottom